Did anybody else get as good of a deal as this yesterday?

Tiger0613

I booked the 12/1/19 cruise on the Glory at 7:42pm last night.  I was checking the price on my 12/30/19 Valor cruise, and I saw the Glory sailing listed first for $199 per person.  My reaction(out loud): What the hell? When I got to the cabin type page, an inside guarantee was $189 per person, and an oceanview was $199 per person.  The rate was an exclusive VIFP rate(Past Guest). I went with oceanview.  I was able to choose my cabin even though the rate summary didn't mention being able to do that.  I don't know if the full rate terms mentioned it.  I didn't think to look.

I'm going solo.  I got an aft oceanview(2445) on a 7 day cruise for $501.26 after taxes, fees, and port expenses.

Since banks were closed by then, Capital One closed the only branch within walking distance, and the closest Capital One ATM is a 40 minute walk away, I had to take the bus to Walmart and make four separate transactions to get enough cash for this cruise.

I had to wash a load of clothes late last night so I would have clothes for this cruise, I have to wash another load, take out the trash, and I'm not finished packing.  I don't have to wash dishes(least favorite chore) because I paid my mom to wash them this morning when she picked up my rent check.  She is going to drop it off at my leasing office for me on Monday.

I am taking a Greyhound bus to New Orleans that leaves at 10:30am.  I have to take city buses to get to the Greyhound station if I'm not willing to wait for 3 hours at the station after getting a ride from my mom.  I have to leave my apartment at 8:00am.  So I have to get everything done within 35-36 hours.

• Like 2

Wow! But I don’t understand.....you have 2 cruises for same time frame, or did I read that wrong? I would LOVE to do what you just did, but since I’d be flying out from Buffalo for any cruise usually, or drive for days, that just won’t work for me. Lucky you to get such a deal. I sail the Glory in February, and fly in 3 days prior. 

37 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Wow! But I don’t understand.....you have 2 cruises for same time frame, or did I read that wrong? I would LOVE to do what you just did, but since I’d be flying out from Buffalo for any cruise usually, or drive for days, that just won’t work for me. Lucky you to get such a deal. I sail the Glory in February, and fly in 3 days prior. 

I was doing a price check on my 12/30/19 Valor cruise and saw the low price of the 12/1/19 Glory cruise.

• Like 1

I sail in <2 weeks, and since I still work, and I don't  live near a port, I didn't even check.  I did get an email last week from MSC.  Could've gone for $199 with no solo supplement!  Hopefully, in a few months I'll be semi-retired and living in FL and can jump on some last-minute deals if/when they come up!

Always nice to hear that good deals can be had.  Good for the OP.  On Wednesday, I called my TA about an 11 night partial Canal transit with 2 ports in Columbia since final payment was coming due.  I got a deal that saved me 30% on a minisuite  and was quite happy with that.

I checked the rates on my booked cruises and none of them were cheaper with the sale.  I book 18 months out so maybe that's why.  We also don't book the inside or oceanview rooms and I'm wondering if those are really the only ones ever on a good deal?  oh well, the price I booked was fine when we booked it.  have fun!