Cyber Monday "Sale" - what a joke

Mechman1971

Just did a mock booking of the cruise I am going on next month.  7 day on getaway.  

A balcony room (with 4) in the BD with the same take all package is $1200 CDN MORE than we got it for a couple months ago.

Plus we have a BC (and got an extra $50US excursion bonus).

Ripoff.

Has anyone gotten an actual good deal?

8 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

With the 30% discount, combined with the 20% Latitudes discount, our cabin category (B4 Family) for our Feb, 2021 Jade cruise dropped $27 per person.

I called our TA and they got us the new price. Hey, $54 is worth a 10 minute phone call.

Love it, lol!

1 hour ago, Mechman1971 said:

Just did a mock booking of the cruise I am going on next month.  7 day on getaway.  

A balcony room (with 4) in the BD with the same take all package is $1200 CDN MORE than we got it for a couple months ago.

Plus we have a BC (and got an extra $50US excursion bonus).

Ripoff.

Has anyone gotten an actual good deal?

For it to increase that much the cruise is probably close to sold out.  Not all but most cruises dropped some.  My Getaway in March decreased about $120.  

I booked the Jade before the 20% went into effect.  Talked to my TA, and got the 20% deal which saved us about $350 pp.  The 30% sale is a farce.  They jacked the prices back up, and after the 30%  price drop was put in place, the price was still more than my 20% off.

Edited by Oldgoat61

I think the hard part of this to deal with is that NCL just jacked up the prices the sat before thanksgiving and thought no one would notice. If they had gradually increased prices over weeks or months and then offered 30% off people may have thought they were getting a good deal. Just another FDR blatant slap in the face to NCL customers. Just like him right out saying he is going to suck more money from every cruiser. Just obnoxious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Have a family balcony cabin booked for four of us on an Alaska cruise next summer - got a reduction of over $600 on Thursday and then yesterday, price dropped another approx. $150.  Quite pleased with their sale, no agent, phoned NCL directly.

3 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

For it to increase that much the cruise is probably close to sold out.  Not all but most cruises dropped some.  My Getaway in March decreased about $120.  

We have a march cruise also that dropped 120.00. It i paid off so the best we could get would be 30.00 OBC. Even though it is easy to get my NCL lady i am not going to bother. It probably want go down any lower later but i will wait and see. Just prior to the sale the price jumped after all these months since i booked.

Looked at TA. Nov.2020. BA Balcony.

Nov.10th. Price was CAD. $8000.00

Nov. 21st.$8094.00.

Nov. 25th. Black Friday Sale. $7460.00. Booked.

Unfortunately this cruise doesn’t qualify for Latitudes 20% discount but one lives in hope.

TA checked with NCL after I spotted a lower price for my cabin - we had the option of getting $200 off Haven PH or upgrading to a 2 BR Haven PH for about $900 total—if we were going to do the upgrade bid thing, we’d have bid that in a heartbeat!  So I did the upgrade and wound up with an additional $200 OBC (had $100 OBC from previous booking).  First time I’ve benefitted from price drop!  This is 12/5/20 Getaway TA, definite price drops!