Princess EZaire higher than the airline's price?

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

Princess told me they don't always see the special promotions that the airlines offer.   We switched from EZair to booking direct with American because the American price was so much lower.   

We have Princess EZair to and from Fort Lauderdale in February ,is it possible to cancel just the return flight ??? EZ air has us on 3 flights getting home at what will be 3am with time change ,I can pay a small amount more and cut down to 2 flights home 6 hours earlier ??? 

Originally when I booked EZ air it was only 2 flights .

Thank You .

4 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

We have Princess EZair to and from Fort Lauderdale in February ,is it possible to cancel just the return flight ??? EZ air has us on 3 flights getting home at what will be 3am with time change ,I can pay a small amount more and cut down to 2 flights home 6 hours earlier ??? 

Originally when I booked EZ air it was only 2 flights .

Thank You .

Your best bet is probably to phone Princess EZair, or you TA, because it looks like that you past final payment if you sail in February. We had a good experience with the people at EZair 2 years ago when we wanted to fly in the day before instead of a same day flight.

Theo

50 minutes ago, Renmar said:

Your best bet is probably to phone Princess EZair, or you TA, because it looks like that you past final payment if you sail in February. We had a good experience with the people at EZair 2 years ago when we wanted to fly in the day before instead of a same day flight.

Theo

Thank you Theo ..just called Princess could not have been more helpful ..paid a bit more but happy with change ...

Yes, we have seen EZAIR pricing higher then other sources when it comes to domestic (North America) flights.  But when it comes to International this is where EZAIR really shines...especially for Business Class.

Accordingly we do not use EZAIR for domestic stuff.  But when we book cruises that require International flights the first place we look is EZAIR.

Hank

• Like 1

Experience similar to Hank.  They do not book with a number of domestic carriers so you have more options OYO when flying domestically.  On international fights, especially when you are flying into and out of different cities, the pricing on EZAIR can be quite favorable and is certainly worth looking at.   It is not always the cheapest and you also must look at times carefully with respect to convenience.

8 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Hey, have any of you ever seen that.  What would be up with that.  It doesn't make sense.  Does Princess not like price-match guarantee that they will give you the better rate?  

Princess does not have any price match feature with EZAir.

But one great feature of using EZAir is that you can change/cancel flights up until 45 days before the embarkation day or the first flight (whichever comes first) if you have the flexible fare option.

Also, most major airlines' lowest fares are in what is called basic economy which has carry on restrictions and usually will not allow advance seat selection, even for a fee. Great if you do not mind sitting in a middle seat and not next to a traveling companion.

EZAir does not use basic economy fares, so fares that Princess has may be higher than the basic economy fares the airlines sell.

Domestic travel with EZ Air has never been a great deal - I normally see about what the airline charges. We had our first International flights recently. Paid less than 10% of what any other site wanted with EZ Air. Got the exact same flights for $306 per person. ANY other site wanted over $3,500 per person. Seriously... The exact same flight numbers were $306 per person with Princess. (They actually dropped to $303 per person a few days later but there was no way I was going to mess with the booking at that point!)

8 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Yes, we have seen EZAIR pricing higher then other sources when it comes to domestic (North America) flights.  But when it comes to International this is where EZAIR really shines...especially for Business Class.

Accordingly we do not use EZAIR for domestic stuff.  But when we book cruises that require International flights the first place we look is EZAIR.

Hank

I totally agree with you.  I never use EZAir in the U.S. but both times we've been to Europe the price has been fantastic.

I mentioned that EZAIR often has fantastic international flight prices and I will give you an example.  We recently booked a return Business Class flight from Prague to Dulles (Washington DC).  Our one-way fare was about $750 and this was for a lay-flat Business Class seat on Lufthansa.  That same ticket purchased on any legit online site would have cost us over $3000.  Two years ago we snagged a 1 way Business Class fare from JFK to Singapore for about $1500.  That fare would have been over $2500 on any other site.  There are also decent savings for those booking economy or economy plus although the real dollar savings are not nearly as much as the more expensive Business and First Class fares.

Hank

10 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

I agree with you Hank, but when they offer free flights nothing can beat it.  So I check EZ often after I have booked something.

Edited by Knickearth

18 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

I agree with you Hank, but when they offer free flights nothing can beat it.  So I check EZ often after I have booked something.

LOL  that is actually very good advice.  We generally check EZAIR once or twice a week (after booking) to see if prices have dropped or better flights are available.  If really can pay off.  But we have not found FREE flights.  On the other hand, one can book Regent cruise and get free business class air.  While the air might be free, the cabin will cost about $1000 per person/day :).  What a bargain....LOL

Hank

3 hours ago, tip said:

Southwest flies out of the airport which is located ten minutes from our home.  They are certainly much cheaper and I am in control of my flight times. 

Glad that works better for you, I would do the same thing in that case. However, I need to address the statement "I am in control of my flight times". EZAir does allow you to control flight times, unlike old time buying the plane ticket through the cruise line and getting an OMG time and routing. If you have a flexible fare you can cancel or change up to 45 days prior to the first flight. Unlike others, I have found domestic fares to be cheaper on EZAir, but then again I have a pretty straightforward non-stop routing between PHL and FLL. I have been checking but so far EZAir beats them all for my upcoming cruise except for a couple of outlandish routings with multiple airlines and some less than an hour transfer times between flights. I will stick with my EZAir reservations on American unless I find better.

Edited by Doug R.
Sometimes my spelun and gramma ain't that gud.

When I looked up these flights, it listed all major options, different dates and times.  I would get to pick, and each one would be priced for those flights.  I was also wondering about the person who said they ended up with bad flights?

It looks like it isn't unheard of for Princess to be higher in some flights.  That surprises me!  You would think they would have some kind of price-match.  But, maybe not!

I use EZair even for domestic flights because you can book flexible.  Booked a flight last November for a cruise in February.  Ezair was 26 dollars more per person. but decided to book with them anyway.  2 weeks later the fare dropped 118 dollars per person.  If I would of booked thru the airline I would of been stuck with the original fare.  With EZair just called and re-fared.  You do have to check fares at least every few days.

After reading this column, I checked our exact flights on the American Airlines web site. Our flight Tampa to London (one way) this coming July is $1006.83 using EZ Air. Today American Airlines wants $10,098 flexible fare for our same exact business class flights. WOW!

I have become used to flying first domestically because of EZair!  Grin.  Especially with United and Air Canada.  I have found both domestically and internationally, EZair is usually cheaper.  There are some domestic flights where I have found that purchasing directly from airline site is about $10-30pp cheaper is all, and I am willing to pay that slight increase so that I can pick my seats early to secure which I want, and not have to pay for tickets until 45 days out and have them covered under Princess insurance too.  I secure flights at the 330 day or so and really don't like to outlay the money at that early a time if I don't have to.

Pooh

5 hours ago, Foul Weather Cruiser said:

Are there guarantees with EZAir when you fly in (domestic) on departure day? Or, is it just like flying without EZAir? What happens if there are weather delays that prevent you from getting in on time?

The EZAir guarantee is that in case of problems (including weather delays) that prevent you from reaching the ship on time and if the airline cannot assist, then Princess will work to get you to the next practical port without any additional charge to you for airfare involved.