Playmakers & Family Members without UDP

lgoodyear

3 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

My comment correlated with the post I quoted not the OP... It was intended to confirm the atmosphere of Playmakers which is a bar that serves food. Doesn’t cost anything to go to the bar. You don’t even have to drink in the bar...you can just sit there and play one of the many games all around bar or watch a game. It’s surprising how fun and fast Connect 4 can be...especially if you’re drinking! People come and go. Food is taken in and food in taken out. It’s not a specialty restaurant in the way of the others. Like any bar on the ship, there is no food police.

Royal ships 30yrs ago had on pool deck Barbecue on most Sea Days. Back then there was Hundred plus short tables in between every other Lounge chair. People used them for Lunch plates, drinks and Ash Trays when open smoking everywhere. Now with large screen TV on pool deck like watch Games, unfortunately done away with tables. This makes chairs on top of each other and no place to put drinks or anything else while watching a game... Miss the tables...

Edited by ONECRUISER

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Please don’t share your days old pizza with me!

Trust me not the norm, but its really good and will eat it for couple days. Place been in Business for 60+ yrs. I remember one time sitting in there eating it while watching Elvis Funeral. When get back home after 6 months, gotta have it.

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, LMaxwell said:

You're going on what sounds like a $5000+ cruise.  Let your moral compass guide you 

If I'm spending $5000+ on a cruise and Royal is nickle-and-diming me every chance it gets, while employing  a fluctuating supply-and-demand dynamic pricing strategy to maximize it's bottom line along "fake sales' tactics that vague and misleading to trick the consumer into thinking they are getting a deal....

...then MY moral compass will tell me that two can play at that game and I will maximize my bottom line by getting the value of every benefit & item that I've purchased.

Not to mention, I've spend $5,000 on a cruse so if I give away 1/2 of my  food (a $17.50 value), it won't even make Royals radar of scams.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How about inviting non STAR guests to share your food in your cabin? Or sharing your free room service if in a full suite? Or spending $7.95 and ordering 10 orders of wings in your inside cabin?

Is this the same as buying drinks for friends with your 3 Diamond vouchers?

Asking for a friend

All of the above above sounds like a person I want to cruise with.😎

How about: You and I both have UDP. I buy $35 for food and you did not. Can I share with you? 

Edited by HBE4

3 hours ago, Tulsacoker said:

My head hurts now

Don't stress out over it. All this discussion is for naught.  Playmakers is relatively new and if it is still popular after the initial buzz dies down, Royal will change the rules to maximize its new profit center, i.e. - per person cover charge, limited menu, jacking up the prices or some combination of all three. Or eliminate it from the UDP.

Of course, if any of those things happen, it'll be the food-sharer's that are blamed.

And it if is not popular, it'll be gone in 5 years after the next drydock.

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Playmakers is relatively new and if it is still popular after the initial buzz dies down, Royal will change the rules to maximize its new profit center,

IMO it will never become a profit center if they keep allowing folks to take up tables there if they don't order anything to eat or drink.  

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

IMO it will never become a profit center if they keep allowing folks to take up tables there if they don't order anything to eat or drink.  

I agree. Right now, it's in the testing phase and once Royal see's how it's received, changes will be in made.

For me, I can't really get too excited about Playmakers. It's just another sports bar with giant-size games and there are dozens of those around where I live. Probably go once per cruise just to check it out.  Much rather see the Bamboo room as that's more vacation oriented in my mind.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

For me, I can't really get too excited about Playmakers. It's just another sports bar with giant-size games and there are dozens of those around where I live.

They had the hotest and freshest food I ate on Oasis..it's bar food, but it least it came out hot.  It was convenient to stop and get food to take to eat during the Aquatheater show...plus better draft beer selection than anywhere else on the ship which is a plus during Diamond HH for me.  It's not somewhere I would hang out all day, but I like the option.

I do like the kitsch of Bamboo Room also.  I hear you can order $35 of food on the UDP there to not share, too 😉

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

better draft beer selection than anywhere else on the ship 😉

This. Especially if I'm paying OOP for my drinks, I want to drink a beer that I enjoy and would normally buy at home. It's surprising how few craft beer selections are available on the ship...but we were very happy to find at least one real IPA on board...which was only available at Playmakers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Perhaps, but.......You can sit at the pub  or schooner  bar and listen to music and  not order anything. What is the difference? 
m

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

People take up tables at all kinds of venues.  It's not really about that.