Playmakers & Family Members without UDP

lgoodyear

12 hours ago, CP3o said:

Nobody likes to see food go to waste so as long as your friends do order something and pay for that, I don't think anyone cares if you share what you couldn't finish.  Put a little money outside the UDP into RCCL's pockets and tip well and it's probably ok. We did the opposite, only using the UDP once outside of dinners, and it was at Playmakers boarding day, and 6 of us who all bought the package ended up spending less than $35 so it went on one persons account.

Your friends are also allowed to bring in food from other venues to eat and drink with you without needing to eat at Playmakers.  Some in my crew did that even with UDP b/c wanted some healthier options.  

I don't think the poster said that they would order food, and not be able to finish it.  They said, order up to $35.00 and share it with others.  No, you can't share "any package" that is sold "to a specific person".  The person should only buy what they can eat.  When people do this kind of stuff, they change the program.....look at the beverage package.  Everyone bragged about sharing, and than one day, it was taken away.  Crew member should never accept bribes to look the other way.  By doing so, you place their career in jeopardy.  This question has been asked so many times, and justified so many different ways on both packages when it is clearly has only one answer.....NO.

• Like 2

Just to piggy back off of this then, what's the opinion on sharing with kids under 12, who don't purchase the UDP(as I was advised by TA and RCI)? I asked in other groups and all said no problem, order my $35 and share with my daughter, but now it seems maybe I shouldn't?

4 minutes ago, m12e31g said:

Just to piggy back off of this then, what's the opinion on sharing with kids under 12, who don't purchase the UDP(as I was advised by TA and RCI)? I asked in other groups and all said no problem, order my $35 and share with my daughter, but now it seems maybe I shouldn't?

Kids under 12 are not required to have a package; if you take 6-12 to a sit down restaurant they are charged $10 cover.  Things like a la carte Playmakers are not addressed in the T&C's of the packages for this age group.  Since your child is on your reservation I think in your situation "no problem, go ahead".  

• Like 2

Why not just ask at Playmakers before you order?  If they know up front that you are  planning on ordering 2 orders of wings to split among 4 or 5 people on your UDP,, then no problem.  If they say no you can't share, then don't share and  thank them very much and order what you want and order for the rest at cost.   Honestly, I know the OP came here to "ask ahead of time," but having us "approve" it doesn't make it right.  Witness all the past threads on sharing the Drink Package.  MAJOR ARGUMENTS.  Final result, now everyone in a cabin is required to have the Drink Package or no one gets it.   So easy fix, ask the waiters and if they say yes, you are honest and above boards and no argument.  If they say no, then don't share.  

My guess, they won't mind.  It's like buying a bottle of wine with the Drink Package discount and sharing it with your tablemates.  Perfectly acceptable. Just be honest and open about it up front and accept their answer.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

I don't think the poster said that they would order food, and not be able to finish it.  They said, order up to $35.00 and share it with others.  No, you can't share "any package" that is sold "to a specific person".  The person should only buy what they can eat.  When people do this kind of stuff, they change the program.....look at the beverage package.  Everyone bragged about sharing, and than one day, it was taken away.  Crew member should never accept bribes to look the other way.  By doing so, you place their career in jeopardy.  This question has been asked so many times, and justified so many different ways on both packages when it is clearly has only one answer.....NO.

Much of the Playmakers food is designed to share.  We didn't even ask and the waiter brought multiple plates because that's just kind of what it is.  A big plate of nachos, wings, etc.  It's much different than a sit down restaurant like Chops.  It's not out of the question for someone on UDP to order a few items that would be shared at Playmakers.  That's the concept.....  it's expected.  It's fine.  Every table gets items that they share with the table.  It's a sports bar.  We were there Thanksgiving week, it was packed for football and all the tables were ordering a bunch of stuff to share with their groups.

Playmakers is NOT a per person cover charge.  It's a la carte.  Big difference.

I think there are a lot of "you can't do it" comments from people that have never been to Playmakers and probably never had the UDP.  This isn't a "thing."  Could you imagine?  At the table with a group, you order nachos and wings, which come on big plates to share... "Oh, Bob, you don't have the UDP, don't touch that nacho."  Lol.  This simply isn't a thing.  When you order at Playmakers, they just ask for one card, hand your card with the UDP and that's all there is to it.  Enjoy your food with whomever you are with.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Much of the Playmakers food is designed to share.  We didn't even ask and the waiter brought multiple plates because that's just kind of what it is.  A big plate of nachos, wings, etc.  It's much different than a sit down restaurant like Chops.  It's not out of the question for someone on UDP to order a few items that would be shared at Playmakers.  That's the concept.....  it's expected.  It's fine.  Every table gets items that they share with the table.  It's a sports bar.  We were there Thanksgiving week, it was packed for football and all the tables were ordering a bunch of stuff to share with their groups.

I think there are a lot of "you can't do it" comments from people that have never been to Playmakers and probably never had the UDP.  This isn't a "thing."  Could you imagine?  At the table with a group, you order nachos and wings, which come on big plates to share... "Oh, Bob, you don't have the UDP, don't touch that nacho."  Lol.  This simply isn't a thing.  When you order at Playmakers, they just ask for one card, hand your card with the UDP and that's all there is to it.  Enjoy your food with whomever you are with.

B - I - N - G - O!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BNBR said:

When the OP first posted the question, I was wondering which way the answers would go i.e. would people compare it to the beverage package, sharing Diamond HH drinks, specialty restaurants, etc  But you hit the nail on the head, Playmakers is different from all those so valid comparisons can't be made.

Theoretical question to all: Let's say I have the UDP and order $45 worth of food. Can I share the $10 worth of food I purchased above and beyond the $35 limit? How do I determine which of the food to share?

See....it doesn't make sense. Can't compare.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Are you serious? You're COMPLETELY WRONG! RCI themselves, have said that a person is ALLOWED $35.00 worth of food. What can't YOU comprehend? Because , this is a "To Go" venue. I would love for you, to show me where it says that someone that gets their $35.00 allowance of food, cannot share it from this venue specifically! So, if they choose to order $35 worth of food, and throw it in the garbage can? How many people do you know personally, that go into the main dining room, Chops, etc.... and order 2 of everything? Just to try..... Because they can. I see it every cruise!

You must hold a single share of "RCI" to be so naive!

Nothing better to do, but spend all day "Touting RCI" on the forum. 

But, it does get that "Post count" increasing.

14 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

So, I'm curious? If they have essentially "Prepaid" for $35.00 worth of food, WHY can't they choose to share it with the ENTIRE ship? It's paid for!

14 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

No. Your wrong. The drink package is "Unlimited" per person! You have a "Value" the you are alotted per person with the "Ala Cart" restaurants. You are getting what you are "Allowed", and nothing more! What if you can only eat "a wing", and don't like it, or get sick? But, your friends decide to eat what you can't? Did you somehow take advantage of the system? Grow up! They ARE NOT giving out ANY more food to you, than anyone else can order as a single. AND, typically does. Grow up. We can argue all day if you would like.

Why all the anger and yelling? Can´t you bring your Point across like all others By Talking in a respectful manner, without all the yelling? 

Your opinion and it´s as much an opinion as anyones else on here, is different than that of others, but yelling About it doesn´t make it more accurate. Actually the opposite is the case. 

• Like 2

DH and I both had the UDP on Symphony in April - we cruised with 3 other couples, none of them had the UDP. We ate at Playmakers 3 days for lunch (not always with the full 6 other people but different configurations) we always ordered the Wings and nachos (I ordered Nachos and wings, Hubby ordered Nachos and Wings). Our friends ate with us - we handed our cards to the waitress...we were never questioned nor billed. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Correct "that person"' not that person and their closest 10 friends.

Either way, it is still a $35.00 value. Correct? Or, does it somehow lose value if they eat $5.00 worth of the $35.00 value of food, and throw the rest in the trash?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

If you order less than $35 worth of food, they only ask for one card to ring it up.  You can get food to go there.  $35 at Playmakers is a ton of food.

Just because you can get away with it, doesn't mean that it is allowed.  

How about inviting non STAR guests to share your food in your cabin? Or sharing your free room service if in a full suite? Or spending $7.95 and ordering 10 orders of wings in your inside cabin?

Is this the same as buying drinks for friends with your 3 Diamond vouchers?

Asking for a friend

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, Anita Latte said:

This. Idk what shipmyou are sailing. We were just on the Mariner where Playmakers is directly across from the Cafe Promenade. People were bringing in pizza and sandwiches from the promenade and there was never any issue at all. That was easy to do...but I’m sure you could bring whatever you wanted into Playmakers. The setting is a come and go bar...not a sit down restaurant.

Those items are “FREE” food. Apples and Oranges. Not the same as food paid for at a discount using the UDP. 

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

How about inviting non STAR guests to share your food in your cabin? Or sharing your free room service if in a full suite? Or spending $7.95 and ordering 10 orders of wings in your inside cabin?

Is this the same as buying drinks for friends with your 3 Diamond vouchers?

Asking for a friend

Precisely.  If Royal wants to leave T&C intentionally vague, then personal interpretations will vary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, LMaxwell said:

Packages are sold on a per person basis. That's pretty clear and easily understood.  Would you take someone to Chops and feed them whatever you could not finish off your plate?  Would you gift someone a half finished cocktail? 

Personally, I don't believe Royal should charge for any of the food served at Playmakers, but they do.  I don't believe they will give you a hard time about Playmakers onboard.  You can certainly take food to go and no one would know anything either.  BUT, Abuse of the system will only lead to more restrictive rules; perhaps a limited "UDP" menu and not a $35 credit.  

You're going on what sounds like a $5000+ cruise.  Let your moral compass guide you 

Playmakers was always busy this week on symphony as a paid venue. It would be out of control if the food was free lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Those items are “FREE” food. Apples and Oranges. Not the same as food paid for at a discount using the UDP. 

My comment correlated with the post I quoted not the OP... It was intended to confirm the atmosphere of Playmakers which is a bar that serves food. Doesn’t cost anything to go to the bar. You don’t even have to drink in the bar...you can just sit there and play one of the many games all around bar or watch a game. It’s surprising how fun and fast Connect 4 can be...especially if you’re drinking! People come and go. Food is taken in and food in taken out. It’s not a specialty restaurant in the way of the others. Like any bar on the ship, there is no food police.

3 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

My comment correlated with the post I quoted not the OP... It was intended to confirm the atmosphere of Playmakers which is a bar that serves food. Doesn’t cost anything to go to the bar. You don’t even have to drink in the bar...you can just sit there and play one of the many games all around bar or watch a game. It’s surprising how fun and fast Connect 4 can be...especially if you’re drinking! People come and go. Food is taken in and food in taken out. It’s not a specialty restaurant in the way of the others. Like any bar on the ship, there is no food police.

I didn’t express an opinion one way or the other about sharing items obtained with the UDP. I have no bone in this dog fight. I was just stating food items brought into Playmakers that are “FREE to all” are not the same as items purchased, even with the UDP. Apples to Oranges. 

In my opinion 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I didn’t express an opinion one way or the other about sharing items obtained with the UDP. I have no bone in this dog fight. I was just stating food items brought into Playmakers that are “FREE to all” are not the same as items purchased, even with the UDP. Apples to Oranges. 

In my opinion 

I didn’t express an opinion either.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, FireEMT978 said:

No. Your wrong. The drink package is "Unlimited" per person! You have a "Value" the you are alotted per person with the "Ala Cart" restaurants. You are getting what you are "Allowed", and nothing more! What if you can only eat "a wing", and don't like it, or get sick? But, your friends decide to eat what you can't? Did you somehow take advantage of the system? Grow up! They ARE NOT giving out ANY more food to you, than anyone else can order as a single. AND, typically does. Grow up. We can argue all day if you would like.

I'm thinking, if you asked them: "Hey, Royal Caribbean, I have an unlimited dining package but my guests don't, can I still eat at Playmakers and share food with my guests that don't ave an unlimited dining package?"

Yea..... I'm guessing the answer from RCI would be a resounding, NO.

Edited by rusty nut
  • Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:43 AM, suesnake2002 said:

Quick question?? Can you get it to go??

Me and hubby like wings. And sitting on my balcony with a cold one and my wings is very appealing. And I would not be ordering $70 worth of wings. They wouldn't even total $35. 

We got wings from Playmakers to go on the Symphony in April.  We then ate them on our balcony while watching Hiro.

• Like 1