LIVE From the Crown Princess - 10-day Southern Caribbean - Dec 7, 2019

CanadianBurger

5 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

This is new, isn't it? I thought the specialty restaurants were always "formal optional".... or is this just another of those "rules" that can be ignored (like Boarding Times!)? 😉 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.53.14 PM.png

That was in the Patter back in March/April on the Crown....and a few years ago, there was a sign outside of the Crown Grill on the Coral that said exactly the same thing.

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Better shots of the Elevators. 

CA4A5EB4-F9BA-417A-A220-75D70814ADDD.jpeg

8945950E-5E62-44DF-9A56-BB985CEF352E.jpeg

Hmmm, not well thought out. Work may have been given to the team that built the shed on the stern of Island Princess.

Norris

3 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

This is the first ship where I’ve seen the white sugar packets replaced with these sugar bowl dispensers. Everywhere. And the brown raw sugar packets are gone. There are brown sugar dispensers at IC and Coffee & Cones, but nowhere else. Another touch point for virus spreading...

70E3FCA6-BCFD-4184-8106-0F209F641C71.jpeg

I always asked for the brown sugar where ever I was DR etc and it came in the same dispenser.

1 hour ago, canadarocks said:

This is new, isn't it? I thought the specialty restaurants were always "formal optional".... or is this just another of those "rules" that can be ignored (like Boarding Times!)? 😉 

I think it’s new, and about time. I certainly hope someone wouldn’t show up at the Crown Grill or Sabatini’s not dressed appropriately on Formal Night. Plenty of options on Lido. 

That said, I don’t want to turn my Live into a formal wear debate. My thread, my opinion. I just wish they would enforce No Shorts for men in the MDR for dinner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Back in Oct on the Crown they had the same thing posted in the patter and I can assure you that the person that wrote it wasn't thinking about the dress codes as the restaurant wasn't enforcing it anyway.

image.png.84fa6272ac0fc0734fb5d03617146d0c.png

On formal evenings in the DR just a pair of black slacks & top was OK for the women & a dress shirt & dress pants was fine for the men.

On casual evenings in the DR people were even wearing shorts without any questions.

For the the specialty restaurant on casual nights a pair of jeans & polo was sufficient for the DR & my slacks & top were fine. we didn't go on a formal night but since formal wasn't enforced in the DR's I seriously don't think the specialty restaurant would either.

Edited by MissP22

11 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Back in Oct on the Crown they had the same thing posted in the patter and I can assure you that the person that wrote it wasn't thinking about the dress codes as the restaurant wasn't enforcing it anyway.

image.png.84fa6272ac0fc0734fb5d03617146d0c.png

On formal evenings in the DR just a pair of black slacks & top was OK for the women & a dress shirt & dress pants was fine for the men.

On casual evenings in the DR people were even wearing shorts without any questions.

For the the specialty restaurant on casual nights a pair of jeans & polo was sufficient for the DR & my slacks & top were fine. we didn't go on a formal night but since formal wasn't enforced in the DR's I seriously don't think the specialty restaurant would either.

Thank you for this...my DH had head and neck cancer and the tie around the neck is very bothersome.  He wears a dress shirt and dress pants and I still wear my gown.  Sometimes we get the look of DH not dressed up.  For us, it does not bother what other people do...we focus on "us" and "our" time together.  

I am really enjoying your blogging here.  Thanks again.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Oh yeah, the champagne waterfall earlier in the evening, and Neil and Jessy with their martini magic. 

E313D458-31CA-4CEA-B581-F58CEEFA60FC.jpeg

09AB4FC8-0149-4EE2-8287-2A802A0FEA9E.jpeg

Jessie and Neal!  The two best bartenders on the ship!  Ask Jessie to make a raspberry mojito, they are to die for!

Lazy day in St. Thomas. Been here many times, so not getting off the ship. Slept in, then wandered upstairs for breakfast. They have Eggs Benedict with a bowl of hollandaise on the side, but the yolks were hard as a rock. The fried eggs were better. Had them along with corned beef hash. They also brought out a big plate of crispy bacon on request. 

Absolutely beautiful day in St. Thomas. The occasional passing sprinkle, but the sun is back within 5 minutes.

I may have to go over and check out my new yacht. 🤣 I looked it up online. Brand new, and a cool $180 million, owned by the founder of Home Depot. 

A0471251-221F-483F-A9B7-761F6E8E8139.jpeg

129EF29C-7CC1-418D-BC2D-1907310B565D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, CanadianBurger said:

Absolutely beautiful day in St. Thomas. The occasional passing sprinkle, but the sun is back within 5 minutes.

I may have to go over and check out my new yacht. 🤣 I looked it up online. Brand new, and a cool $180 million, owned by the founder of Home Depot. 

It's owned by Arthur Blank.  He is also the owner of the Atlanta Falcons football team.

Edited by CRLess

On 12/8/2019 at 2:17 PM, voljeep said:

2.5 to 3.5 feet deep on the SKY … with ladders … no steps to the WAKE VIEW pool … but it was very nice back there

2 hours ago, CruzinNoony said:

Yes, that is correct.  

From a previous answer I'm assuming you only meant they did not have steps.