ms Zuiderdam in Port Everglades December 10, 2019

Scrapnana

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Until the Edge hit the scene I called the Caribbean Princess an ugly ship.

Roy

That Class of Princess ships does take some "getting used to" in appearance.  But, that open deck with the deck above it as cover at the very bow of the ship offers unique views when sailing.  The aft decks under Skywalkers Lounge are also very pleasant places for a cruiser to find.  My experience was aboard Star Princess, but her exterior design seems identical to Caribbean Princess. 

Just now, rkacruiser said:

That Class of Princess ships does take some "getting used to" in appearance.  But, that open deck with the deck above it as cover at the very bow of the ship offers unique views when sailing.  The aft decks under Skywalkers Lounge are also very pleasant places for a cruiser to find.  My experience was aboard Star Princess, but her exterior design seems identical to Caribbean Princess. 

Totally agree! That Luke Skywalker Lounge is a nice place to be! We experienced it on Grand Princess many moons ago

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scrapnana said:

Roy, when do you leave on your next cruise?

I leave home January 14 and sail January 22.  A bit of a story on the delay.  I have never circled the globe without flying.  I made an attempt in 2003, freighter to Europe, train and ferry connections to St. Petersburg and onward to Beijing, and then Crystal Harmony to Vancouver and train back home.

Everything was going along as it should until I checked my email before leaving my Moscow Hotel.  The Harmony Asia season had been cancelled due to SARS, and I had to fly across the Pacific.

HAL world cruise is longer than I can be between cancer treatments but I found the solution this year.  Amtrak to California, Crystal Serenity to Sydney, and 3 days later QM2 to New York.  I'm leaving a lot of wiggle room in my Amtrak calendar just to make sure I don't need to fly to LA if there's a weather or other issue.

Are you on the WC this year?

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I leave home January 14 and sail January 22.  A bit of a story on the delay.  I have never circled the globe without flying.  I made an attempt in 2003, freighter to Europe, train and ferry connections to St. Petersburg and onward to Beijing, and then Crystal Harmony to Vancouver and train back home.

Everything was going along as it should until I checked my email before leaving my Moscow Hotel.  The Harmony Asia season had been cancelled due to SARS, and I had to fly across the Pacific.

HAL world cruise is longer than I can be between cancer treatments but I found the solution this year.  Amtrak to California, Crystal Serenity to Sydney, and 3 days later QM2 to New York.  I'm leaving a lot of wiggle room in my Amtrak calendar just to make sure I don't need to fly to LA if there's a weather or other issue.

Are you on the WC this year?

Roy

Ever taken the Trans-Siberian railway from Moscow to Vladivostok?