Galveston Terminal # 3

ssb

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was the second one ever officially signed or just was it just a memorandum of agreement?

They have had two terminals for at least 10 years, but I thnk there was a more recent plan to renovate/expand the terminal Royal is currently using.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Was the second one ever officially signed or just was it just a memorandum of agreement?

Memorandum. Royal and Port  have been in agreement for long time , but City of Galveston stalled  everything , because they having  been holding hand out for their vested interest share.  

Terminal #2 For Royal  was completely remodeled and expanded greatly  in size when Liberty came in . 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ssb said:

Definitely meaning a $100 million third terminal for Oasis Class size ships . 

That would be great!  I hope the plan also includes improvements to nearby infrastructure too.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ssb said:

Memorandum. Royal and Port  have been in agreement for long time , but City of Galveston stalled  everything , because they having  been holding hand out for their vested interest share.  

Tick Tock😉

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That would be great!  I hope the plan also includes improvements to nearby infrastructure too.

Give Galveston some more credit than that comment  . There are many associated  infrastructure improvements already completed and others  in progress . 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Allure should be announced as sailing from Galveston starting in the fall of 2021 tomorrow or Wednesday

Thanks!  Also, is there any indication which ship will be doing the short cruises from Galveston beginning Summer/Fall 2021?  

7 minutes ago, ssb said:

Give Galveston some more credit than that comment  . There are many associated  infrastructure improvements already completed and others  in progress . 

His comment is appropriate. Galveston’s infrastructure and traffic patterns can barely/can’t handle the smaller ships that sail from there now. We’ve sailed out of about 10 ports and never experienced anything like the disaster that is sailing from Galveston. It’s great that it is convenient to the middle of the country, but that’s about it. It’s rough. 

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Adventure 

I thought Adventure was leaving April 21, 2021 for Copenhagen ?  I’d read there will be an 18-day TA.  

Wondering which ship will replace her in Galveston after that for the short cruises. 

Edited by BSocial
Added

1 minute ago, kruzerci said:

His comment is appropriate. Galveston’s infrastructure and traffic patterns can barely/can’t handle the smaller ships that sail from there now. We’ve sailed out of about 10 ports and never experienced anything like the disaster that is sailing from Galveston. It’s great that it is convenient to the middle of the country, but that’s about it. It’s rough. 

Cruise critic should not be happy with his attitude and comments about Galveston in the past . Cruise Critic is in business to sell cruises .  Galveston has made great progress with improvements . Many more are coming . 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, bilyclub said:

You would hope that they would now have to improve things for fly in cruisers.

That would be nice, but the drive-in geographical area encompasses a huge population, so there may be little incentive to accommodate the fly-in cruiser.

10 minutes ago, BSocial said:

I thought Adventure was leaving April 21, 2021 for Copenhagen ?  I’d read there will be an 18-day TA.  

Wondering which ship will replace her in Galveston after that for the short cruises. 

Not available yet . 

7 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

You would hope that they would now have to improve things for fly in cruisers.

80-90% of cruisers in Galveston drive in depending on days of  cruise . 

Edited by ssb

10 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Gotcha, sorry

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That would be nice, but the drive-in geographical area encompasses a huge population, so there may be little incentive to accommodate the fly-in cruiser.

Honestly, its not as populous as one might think. It's just the only game in town.

Screenshot_20191209-212444_Chrome.thumb.jpg.63872847836c6bdf5e32ce8c78a80249.jpg

Screenshot_20191209-212742_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4dcd81c8a063f6601f3e69b4d04ee7bb.jpg

8 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Because it is a horrible port for those who have to fly

The drive in cruisers  will be supplying for four Carnival full time ships and two full Royal and more Disney with long term contracts . Norwegian wants in badly . Hobby airport is forty miles away . Many cruisers are staying near airports. 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1