No more luggage delivered to cabins on Royal?

denamo

If we happen to see our luggage come off elevator and set in their staging area, we just grab it.  I want to get everything unpacked as soon as possible. We don't mind wheeling it to our cabin.  Years ago, we have had our luggage left in our cabin, but not lately.

• Like 1

We have been fortunate to see our bags near our room by 3 PM, only once did my husbands not arrive and it turned out the Tag the porter put on, came off. He checked with Guest Services and they had it in the room with a few others behind the counter. We wonder the ship after lunch then go back to our room to check and if they are there, we unpack until muster.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:14 AM, Bobal said:

Really?? So how do you account for the fact that we cruised on 3 different ships in Sept, Oct and Nov and every time the bags were left somewhere in the corridor on which our cabin was located, but never delivered to outside the cabin. Not a big deal as happy to grab them but some people were very confused as their bags were placed a long way from their cabins.

We were on the Celebrity Reflection Sept. 30, 2019 and our two large bags were left INSIDE our Concierge sometime during the safety muster.

6 hours ago, HappyCamper49 said:

We were on the Celebrity Reflection Sept. 30, 2019 and our two large bags were left INSIDE our Concierge sometime during the safety muster.

You do realise this is a thread about Royal Caribbean?

Edited by Bobal

I've noticed it takes longer to get luggage than it used to, but ours has always arrived.

Last wee on the  Rhapsody I did notice luggage staged (on carts) on each floor and I saw people pulling items off the carts.  Our luggage arrived as we were leaving for dinner, delivered by the cabin steward.   We were leaving as he brought the first bag and he told us he had one more to get and would put it in the room for us.

It would seem this is something the cabin stewards are doing and it seems they are happy to put the bags in the room when they are sure you are out and otherwise leave them outside if they are not sure and don't want to spent the time knocking and listening.

Also, I've never had a bag left behind, ever... which is better than I can say for airlines.

Like most have said, if I see my luggage in a staging area I grab it and take it to my room myself. I would be lying if I said I am was not concerned no one questions anyone randomly grabbing luggage. Even more reason I get mine while the getting is good. I also will state out of multiple cruises on multiple lines, I have found only Royal Caribbean to pile luggage in a staging area accessible to the masses. I have never found my luggage other than outside my cabin door (or inside my cabin) on any other cruise line. So, yeah....might be a little truth to what the OP is stating. 

Edited by rolloman