No more luggage delivered to cabins on Royal?

denamo

20 hours ago, denamo said:

The last three cruises we've been on, luggage has just been lined up in the hallway.  Cruisers have had to go and hunt down their luggage.  The first time this happened just thought maybe they were short on staff or running behind.  However, seeing this on two subsequent cruises, just wondered if this is the "new normal"?

We were on Explorer in October and our cases were delivered to our cabin.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobal said:

Really?? So how do you account for the fact that we cruised on 3 different ships in Sept, Oct and Nov and every time the bags were left somewhere in the corridor on which our cabin was located, but never delivered to outside the cabin. Not a big deal as happy to grab them but some people were very confused as their bags were placed a long way from their cabins.

When our Cabin Steward introduces themselves on the rare occasion our cases have not arrived  I mention this to our cabin steward who has got our cases quite quickly afterwards and I give them a cash tip.

• Like 1

Last month on Serenade one bag was placed outside our door and the other was nowhere to be found. I was worried it may be in the naughty room. How to know if that is the case? I eventually asked one of the attendants who found my other bag and delivered it to us soaking wet. It was raining that day and the dock crew left in the pouring rain or a while. (I did give them a tip when they took the bags.)

The stateroom attendent took the wet clothes and delivered them two days later laundered. We did get a FCC for 10% of the fare paid.

36 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When our Cabin Steward introduces themselves on the rare occasion our cases have not arrived  I mention this to our cabin steward who has got our cases quite quickly afterwards and I give them a cash tip.

You seem to have misread or misunderstand my post. I said I had no problem getting my own bag, I dont need someone to get it for me if I can see it in the corridor, I'm perfectly capable of dragging it to my own room.

I was merely agreeing with the OP (as were others on this thread) that it seems to be more common lately to just leave the cases somewhere in the adjacent area and not outside the cabin. Not sure about this two stage process others have mentioned. We popped back to our cabin on a recent cruise at around 8.30 and people were out looking for cases and finding them way down the hall

5 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Never used the Key. Is there any markings on luggage tags to identify the Key??  
Otherwise they’d have no way of knowing.  

The Key does not include any checked baggage benefit. If you drop off your carry on it will be placed inside your cabin, but that’s it, so far as baggage. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bobal said:

You seem to have misread or misunderstand my post. I said I had no problem getting my own bag, I dont need someone to get it for me if I can see it in the corridor, I'm perfectly capable of dragging it to my own room.

I was merely agreeing with the OP (as were others on this thread) that it seems to be more common lately to just leave the cases somewhere in the adjacent area and not outside the cabin. Not sure about this two stage process others have mentioned. We popped back to our cabin on a recent cruise at around 8.30 and people were out looking for cases and finding them way down the hall

Personally we carry our own cases off the ship and would carry them on ourselves if we were allowed.

If I see our cases which are quite noticeable with pink straps with Paulines name on anywhere in the corridor I will take them back to our cabin.In fact I often walk around the corridors looking for our cases if they have not turned up by 3pm as Pauline likes to get unpacked.

Another thought.  I wonder how many times a steward has opened up a door to deliver a piece of luggage, and on the other side of that door is someone in a state of undress or something else?  I wouldn't open up that door again for a LONG time.  

It's there, get it yourself!!  😉😨

36 minutes ago, RocCruisers said:

Another thought.  I wonder how many times a steward has opened up a door to deliver a piece of luggage, and on the other side of that door is someone in a state of undress or something else?  I wouldn't open up that door again for a LONG time.  

It's there, get it yourself!!  😉😨

They usually knock to alert you if you're in the room, in my experience with another cruise line.

6 hours ago, STANMELB said:

We were in Crown Loft # 1746 on the Allure last week. Luggage was left outside our cabin door. The 8 previous sailing in a Crown Loft this year, the luggage was placed inside our cabin.

Ditto in a CLS on Symphony a few weeks ago.  Luggage was sitting outside our door.  Guessing it would have been delivered into our room if we had a waited a bit.  No problem either way.

On our cruises 25 years ago luggage was always delivered inside the stateroom. Usually one piece would be placed on the bottom of bed. Then it was just left outside the cabin. On our last cruise all the luggage for our corridor was lined up by the elevators. Perhaps it was a staging area but we’d never seen that before. But I dare say it saved the workers some work as everyone was grabbing their bags and taking them with them. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Actually, the rare times luggage is inside the cabin we generally remark to each other “wow-what a nice treat“.  Can you imagine leaving your luggage with a porter at a hotel, and having it show up somewhere in the hallway! No one would ever stand for that. Personally I think it’s somewhat of a disgrace that luggage is not delivered inside the state room, or even at the the state room door. The fact that it is just somewhere in the hallway is terrible

M

How many hotels deliver 12,000 bags in 7 hours🤔

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

The conversation just illustrates a decline in service. We’ve been cruising for more than 30 years and in the early years (on RCCL) luggage was always delivered inside the cabin. Then at some point it seems it was left at the cabin door. Now it can be somewhere in the hallway (often no where near the cabin). 

At this point are simply happy to find the luggage and roll it to the cabin. 

m

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 12/9/2019 at 10:09 PM, denamo said:

The last three cruises we've been on, luggage has just been lined up in the hallway.  Cruisers have had to go and hunt down their luggage.  The first time this happened just thought maybe they were short on staff or running behind.  However, seeing this on two subsequent cruises, just wondered if this is the "new normal"?

That has been our experience on Freedom this week and last.  Also, not necessarily delivered to correct section of ship. (Correct deck but starboard rather than port) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

That has been our experience on Freedom this week and last.  Also, not necessarily delivered to correct section of ship. (Correct deck but starboard rather than port) 

We leave for the Freedom in 4 months so I guess we better be prepared to do a luggage hunt.:classic_smile: