The Alcove on Equinox

mattyboy

According to the Celebrity App, you get 6 beers, 4 bottles of Evian, and either champagne, vodka, or white wine.  We were on the ship before they added them, but after seeing the pictures, well....no thanks.  They have no shade!  They are not the same style as those on the Silhouette.  

image.png.ad414ff9848d9ec6f0628b27b2d028c2.png

3 hours ago, mattyboy said:

Can someone please explain what exactly the Alcove offers for the $'s they charge - how does it compare to the Sanctuary on Princess ships.

3 hours ago, mattyboy said:

Can someone please explain what exactly the Alcove offers for the $'s they charge - how does it compare to the Sanctuary on Princess ships.

So much nicer then the Sanctuary on princess.  The Alcove is a private space for you and your guests- typically up to 6.  You get lunch included , bottled water, an afternoon fruit platter, and a bottle of wine- or champagne.  If you have a drink package, your attendent will bring you bar drinks- you can also pay for the drinks if you do not have a package.  You also are given a lounge chair (of sorts) and can enjoy a movie on the great lawn which is in front of you.  You can also participate if you want, in the glass blowing (for a fee)  .  The pool is down two short staircases, or via an elevator. 

When we were on the Princess in the Sanctuary a few years ago, I recall a lounge chair- but the entire area was open with a tarp on top.  No  comparison to Princess ship which IMO wasn't worth it.  Just didn't have to fight the chair hogs.   Also if you move the panels on the alcove, it does block the sun.  Of course depending upon the time of day- sun blocks better at times.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We were in The Sanctuary on the Princess Regal and it was worth every penny.  Did not have to worry about chair-hogs, which was a great plus.  We're sun lovers and selected chaise lounges in the sun but, there were several lounges under the covered area for those who want shade.  Bathrooms right there, flavored ice water and the servers took care of your needs, drinks, food, etc.  As for the pool, the Retreat Pool was just a few steps away on the same deck.   Cannot comment on the Alcove; I'll leave that for those who have select it.  Princess was ok, but we love Celebrity, been on the Silhouette twice and next March will be our second cruise on the Equinox.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, bluehengal said:

Sorry....no shade overhead is what I meant.

Outside of the brief time the sun is directly overhead, these will offer more shade than the alcoves with a bimini  top that the sun cuts right under. The movable side panels are much better. 

Looking a reserving an Alcove for my March cruise.  No where does it mention Champagne or any other alcohol included.  It won't really matter because I'll have a drink package but can anyone confirm if Champagne is still included in the price?

4 hours ago, RickT said:

Looking a reserving an Alcove for my March cruise.  No where does it mention Champagne or any other alcohol included.  It won't really matter because I'll have a drink package but can anyone confirm if Champagne is still included in the price?

On the Equinox in August and yes we got a bottle-

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Rented one on a port day in St Croix...very nice..included a bottle of Grey Goose and other goodies..

Do you have to drink the whole bottle there or is it something you can take home if you don’t need it because you have a bev pack?

thanks 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

14 minutes ago, miched said:

Do you have to drink the whole bottle there or is it something you can take home if you don’t need it because you have a bev pack?

thanks 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We had the premium package,  we did open the bottle (1L) and shared with some friends...we took about half of it back to the room...we could have not opened it, and taken it home.. we ended up finishing most of it on the balcony...:)

service was good, I would do it again for the right price..I think I paid $99 for the port day we rented..

Edited by PTC DAWG