LIVE STAR Suite Life Symphony Eastern December 14

Andy C

Sorry. Had a crazy week before the cruise then the cruise then a crazy week in the office and now in Tennessee for New Years. 

I am tapping this out on my iPhone so I’ll be brief as it relates to the Diamond Plus and Pinnacle encounter we had at home. I’ll follow up with a more comprehensive post about food (mostly awful) and service (no where near as good as our prior 3 cruises on Harmony).

The Diamond Plus encounter was quite brief and funny. Our Genie Berty (who I will discuss at length later) held seats for us in the first row of full back chairs just outside the splash zone. We arrived about 15 minutes prior to the show and he took the purple star banners off and we sat down. With less than 10 minutes before the show a woman approached us and asked us if we were Diamond Plus. We told her we were Star class. She then told us she was Diamond Plus and that those seats were supposed to be for them. She gave us a scowl and moved on. We just laughed. 

The Pinnacle encounter was in Coastal Kitchen. My mother-in-law is hyper observant and had already alerted us of stink eye from this particular couple.  We were wrapping up breakfast and the boys asked to be excused and walked over to the window to look down at the pool deck below. The Pin couple did not like this and asked to be moved to another table. My MIL noticed this and alerted my wife who got up to ask the boys to come back to the table. As my wife was walking the boys back to the table the Pin lady walked by and mouthed “control your kids to my wife.”  My wife said “excuse me,” and the lady turned her back on her. My wife called out to the lady saying, “ma’am.”  At that point all the tables by the window had taken notice and were looking (we were at the big table in the middle with the high back purple chairs).  When my wife said, “ma’am” the nearby server responded to her. My wife said, “I am addressing the lady walking away from me.” At that point with the Pin ignoring my wife and continuing to walk away my wife raised her voice and told her, “I can control my children; you control your attitude.”  

My wife was seething with anger and went over to Francisco and Rahul and our Genie Berty who happened to be there to complain about this encounter. They in turn approached the couple and had a conversation with them and explained to them that if they had any issues with the behavior of other guests they should notify the crew. 

We befriended another family that was on the second leg of a B2B who had already befriended this particular Pin couple. They told them what a nice family we were when my wife told them about the encounter and the Pin lady said She had regretted her behavior and how she had spoken to us which was nice of her but we never spoke. 

Please pardon typos and informality as I typed this on my iPhone. 

• Like 3

Please post your overall impression of your cruise.

Thank you
Stan, Cindy and I will be finishing up our Serenade cruise out of FLL at the end of the month on Jan 31. Have had a change of my meetings and have some time available. We will be driving up to Orlando for 5 nights instead of staying for 5 nights in South beach with no meetings. Can you email me at my email address? Thanks and Happy New Year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk