LIVE STAR Suite Life Symphony Eastern December 14

Andy C

42 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

Any idea why they are empty aside from the time of year?

Last week was the Pentair cruise, which was about a third of the passengers.  I don't think there were very many Diamond or Pinnacle guests.  We got to the port around 1100 and boarding had already started.  There was no one in the Suite and Pinnacle waiting area and we just walked on the ship.  Quickest embarkation we have every done.

37 minutes ago, jk04 said:

Last week was the Pentair cruise, which was about a third of the passengers.  I don't think there were very many Diamond or Pinnacle guests.  We got to the port around 1100 and boarding had already started.  There was no one in the Suite and Pinnacle waiting area and we just walked on the ship.  Quickest embarkation we have every done.

That was my experience in September as well. Once they open the doors, they move people through fast. 

We love the Hibachi here in town!  I need to show my hubs the Mickey Head fried rice. I think that pic would send him over the edge so we can book it on the cruise ship. He's totally against paying extra for dinner but you know his DW always figures out a way to sneak it in. LOL! 

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

At least 6 falls detracted from the quality of the show. I didn’t stay till the end. 

The version I saw on the transatlantic cruise last year was absolutely incredible with a lot of seemingly impossible costume changes on the ice. The version I saw earlier this year was watered down, shorter, and a little less exciting. I don't know what happened to it. I presume the original choreography was too much to replicate on a consistent basis. You might have had the B team. Still a great show though.

3 hours ago, Andy C said:

At least 6 falls detracted from the quality of the show. I didn’t stay till the end. 

Did you see the earlier performance last night? We went to the 10:45 performance and didn't see any drones fall. The drones were only at the start of the show and they didn't interact with live performers. 

29 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Did you see the earlier performance last night? We went to the 10:45 performance and didn't see any drones fall. The drones were only at the start of the show and they didn't interact with live performers. 

I believe Andy meant the skaters falling, not the drones.

I've seen one drone on the ice at every performance I have been to. 

Maybe it's the same drone

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are these drones controlled by crew or by one computer?

If you look closely in the photo you will see 2 white boxes near the center of the ice rink. These create the GPS field the drones use for their flight path/location guidance. They run on a server program.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The flight pattern is preprogrammed but someone has to set them up and keep an eye on them during the performance.

In addition to the boxes mentioned above there are also several transmitters in Studio B to help create that internal GPS system. It's really fascinating to hear it explained.  

the skaters scoop up the dead drones and the boxes at the end of the number😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1