Double LCV discount for booking onboard during October?

hiccups

In a thread on the Celebrity board, someone said that in October Azamara offered a promotion of double the LCV onboard booking discount.  We booked onboard on Quest in October and didn't receive a double discount, and I don't recall hearing about it on this board, although certainly I could have missed it.  So I'm curious, does anyone know if that promo actually occurred at some point in October?

It occurs from time to time, we were on for a month on Journey and noted it was available some times beyond 20 November but not as far as I saw earlier.  It certainly was not a wholesale offer that I could see and I think that post is misleading.

What hugely frustrated was it was "for selected cruises only" and I could not get anyone to give me a list of which cruises were covered.  As far as I could gather on Journey it was for selected 2021 cruises, it was not for cruises in 2020 that other discounts subsequently appeared for.

Had it been a general offer, we would have booked likewise had the communication been better we would have engaged but the approach was more "tell us what you are interested in and we will tell you what deal you can have" rather than transparency on all deals available.  That might work for some but did not align with how we like to choose our cruises and cruise providers.  Azamara lost out as a result on this occasion.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

We booked onboard in October and this wasn't mentioned to us, so I wondered if it was for a limited time or even only on one ship.  We still received what I think is an acceptable price for the cruise (otherwise we wouldn't have booked, of course), and as a result of our missed port in October, even received extra OBC from Azamara.  I certainly can't complain about our booking, but since I'd never heard about this before, I decided to ask those more knowledgeable about Azamara and its policies.

Edited by hiccups
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

We did B2B2B on 12, 19 & 26 October on Pursuit. The double LCV onboard booking discount was introduced at some stage during those cruises, but I can't remember which leg.

I just realized I have a typo in my original post--we were on the first leg of your cruise on Pursuit, so it wasn't that one (or at least wasn't applicable to our booking).  We booked our next cruise on Quest.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I just realized I have a typo in my original post--we were on the first leg of your cruise on Pursuit, so it wasn't that one (or at least wasn't applicable to our booking).  We booked our next cruise on Quest.

To the best of my recollection, it was either late during our second leg, or during the last leg of our B2B2B.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

We were on the Quest Oct 16-31 and there was no double benefit.  But now that I look my $300 OBC became $600 and maybe it got doubled or, possibly, I got the $300 AMEX benefit.

It wasn't available (or mentioned) on the Quest -4-16 October cruise either.

I think this thread highlights inconsistencies in application across the ships.  Consistency may well have been the expectation from head office but the approaches and styles on ground may differ.  Pity we could not book onboard and get a good price, that horse has left the race.

2 hours ago, uktog said:

I think this thread highlights inconsistencies in application across the ships.  Consistency may well have been the expectation from head office but the approaches and styles on ground may differ.  Pity we could not book onboard and get a good price, that horse has left the race.

It is a pity uktog. I will share this thread with our mgmt.

Thank you for your years of loyalty to Azamara. 

Happy holidays.

20 hours ago, uktog said:

Had it been a general offer, we would have booked likewise had the communication been better we would have engaged but the approach was more "tell us what you are interested in and we will tell you what deal you can have" rather than transparency on all deals available.  That might work for some but did not align with how we like to choose our cruises and cruise providers.  Azamara lost out as a result on this occasion.

This is similar to what I was told by Azamara when I asked about the choice of cruises available for LCV quarterly 10% discount and that it hasn't been updated since the last selection expired Sept. 30.  We are now almost finished with the 4th qtr and no sign of applicable cruises for that qtr.

I was told to call in to the general number and indicate what cruise I was interested in and they would tell me if such cruise was applicable for the discount.  Similar to uktog, I don't choose cruises or providers in that way.

Makes me wonder if this lack of attention may be indicative of potentially another erosion of LCV benefits. Certainly hope not. 

52 minutes ago, Anchor Light said:

This is similar to what I was told by Azamara when I asked about the choice of cruises available for LCV quarterly 10% discount and that it hasn't been updated since the last selection expired Sept. 30.  We are now almost finished with the 4th qtr and no sign of applicable cruises for that qtr.

I was told to call in to the general number and indicate what cruise I was interested in and they would tell me if such cruise was applicable for the discount.  Similar to uktog, I don't choose cruises or providers in that way.

Makes me wonder if this lack of attention may be indicative of potentially another erosion of LCV benefits. Certainly hope not. 

The LCV quarterly savings were on the website from 1st Oct. You can find this by doing a search on the site for quarterly savings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

The LCV quarterly savings were on the website from 1st Oct. You can find this by doing a search on the site for quarterly savings.

Wow, thanks for the suggestion.  I did find it in this manner where it was not available otherwise where one would expect to find it.

Too bad the Azamara rep hadn't thought to mention that to me instead of the method he/she suggested and I quoted above.  I was looking at the bottom of the website page on the right hand side under LCV Benefits which takes you to a link that has not been updated since before Sept. 30.  Such are the perils of having information in multiple areas on a site where IT is remiss in updating them all.

This however does not change the fact that they suggested for me to come to them with a cruise in which I would be interested in order to find out its specific entitlements vs. browsing on transparent website data (in all appropriate locations) to aid in making a selection, or not.

2 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

It is a pity uktog. I will share this thread with our mgmt.

Thank you for your years of loyalty to Azamara. 

Happy holidays.

If you can retroactively double my LCV onboard booking credit, I'm good.  😎 My loyalty goes to the extent of one cruise done and another on the way.  Who knows? Hopefully, more after that.

51 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

If you can retroactively double my LCV onboard booking credit, I'm good.  😎 My loyalty goes to the extent of one cruise done and another on the way.  Who knows? Hopefully, more after that.

Ha, we wish!  Glad that mentioning it may provide the opportunity for improvement in training/application across the brand.

11 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Ha, we wish!  Glad that mentioning it may provide the opportunity for improvement in training/application across the brand.

Doesn't hurt to ask.  😉  It should have been automatic and the onboard sales people should have put in our bookings and the 2X should have popped up for them.

Edited by hubofhockey

3 hours ago, Belfastman said:

Here is a link to the voyages eligible for the LCV quarterly discount: https://www.azamara.com/luxury-cruise-deals/lcv-quarterly-savings

The time range is October 1-December 31.

1 hour ago, hubofhockey said:

And we DO appreciate your loyalty. 

You'll have to request the LCV onboard booking credit from our Customer Service, and certainly don't hesitate. 

1 hour ago, BBMacLaird said:

And we DO appreciate your loyalty. 

You'll have to request the LCV onboard booking credit from our Customer Service, and certainly don't hesitate. 

Bonnie, so those of us that booked onboard in October should have received a double LCV discount, and should call to request it if we didn't receive it?

5 minutes ago, hiccups said:

Bonnie, so those of us that booked onboard in October should have received a double LCV discount, and should call to request it if we didn't receive it?

I have no idea what the promotion was, and when, and who was eligible. This thread is the first I’ve heard of it.

What I’m saying is I’d have my TA follow up with our Customer Service. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, hiccups said:

I'm not sure how general and planned this promotion is. I suspect that it's brought in when they need to boost onboard sales if there has been a lean period. And it might be very local. I have no certain knowledge of this, but just a guess. 

Phil