Tote bags?

love2shell

9 hours ago, jimmy2x said:

I’ve been around so long that I have several of the old light colored canvas bags. Take them with us as the are much stronger than the new ones. 

I have several vintage bags, too. I usually take one with me. It's so helpful if I'm on a tour. It makes it easy to spot my seat on the bus.

Of course, there is the chance of someone taking it. My friend was on a cruise (not HAL or Cunard) and set her vintage QE2 "sea bag" tote on a table near her lounger. She watched another passenger sidle towards it and turn it around to look at it and then slide it toward herself. It was clear that the other passenger was considering acting on her covetousness. So my friend said, "Isn't that wonderful! I just love it, especially since Cunard doesn't give them any more." And she picked it up and took her knitting out of it. 

Thread drift, but here's a question I've been meaning to ask for a while. Do any of you take bags or t-shirts from another line when you cruise? I love my QE2 sea bag, but only take it on Cunard cruises. For HAL, I take a vintage HAL bag.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

2 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Do any of you take bags or t-shirts from another line when you cruise? 

I haven't yet, but I have spoken to other passengers about their previous trips when I saw the bag or the t-shirt of a more unusual brand. 

16 minutes ago, Walfam said:

The bags we were given (Neptune suites) in March 2018 and February 2019 were made of that lightweight non woven poly type material, like some stores sell fairly cheaply.  They are extremely lightweight.

I've received a few of those. They're light, but not too flimsy--not as good as the canvas bags, of course. When I was in a NS last winter on the K, I asked about the "orange" bag and was told only CO passengers got them, not NS passengers. But CO was new then, and maybe HAL thought there would be so many people buying CO that they'd better make sure they had enough bags for CO.

25 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

When I was in a NS last winter on the K, I asked about the "orange" bag and was told only CO passengers got them, not NS passengers. But CO was new then, and maybe HAL thought there would be so many people buying CO that they'd better make sure they had enough bags for CO.

When we were in a Neptune in April we got the regular bag.  Our most recent cruise in a Neptune we got the CO bag.   We were surprised and have quite a few different bags over the years.  

And a tote bag I use very rarely use is from our first cruise in 1985.  Has “Noordam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Rotterdam” printed on it.  Only three ships HAL had at the time.

Also  have a couple of the bags that also have the R classes names, plus the original three names printed and Westerdam (old one that had been elongated).  Those vintage bags were really good canvas.

a

We were given one bag prior to our visit to HMC, but it disappeared from our cabin before the end of the voyage, so we just assumed, like the beach towels, they weren't free.  I'll be upset if our steward did us out of a souvenir bag!

7 minutes ago, ivanidea said:

We were given one bag prior to our visit to HMC, but it disappeared from our cabin before the end of the voyage, so we just assumed, like the beach towels, they weren't free.  I'll be upset if our steward did us out of a souvenir bag!

I've never had a bag taken back. 

26 minutes ago, ivanidea said:

Yikes!  Never heard of that happening before unless it was close to the garbage can and they thought you didn’t want it.  We use our bags a lot and have quite the variety of them.  

I love my vintage bags, I have them dating back to our first cruise in "90" and I still take them on our cruises.  It's fun to go to our Farmers Mkt. carrying my canvas bag, I've had many conversations started over my bag by those who stop me and know where it came from.  I'm not a fan of the blue bags but on our Alaskan Cruise we received a nice "plastic" bag with an Alaska logo.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, twodjs said:

We have received this bag on both recent cruises on Oosterdam in a Neptune suite. Two mesh side pockets, a solid side pocket and a zippered middle area. Good construction and very useful!20191219_093521.thumb.jpg.a586a4c444ecfd55d2d2b0129812fc03.jpg

Wow, I love your bag! I would buy that bag (not for as much as a Neptune Suite, but I paid $20 for something similar at a music festival last summer).

• 2 weeks later...

We received a very nice blue cloth bag with two zippered compartments and another zippered one inside the largest one on the 2014 WC.  I have used it on every cruise since then, including some on Princess.  We got a similar light brown on the 2013 Grand Asia, but it had a plastic inside lining that tore after a few uses.  The WC one has a silk or nylon type lining that is more robust.