Sunrise wins best refurbished ship of 2019

jimbo5544

5 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

The Carnival product is vastly different than Royal Caribbean’s product. The location of the ship can certainly influence its standing on certain awards as it could only be receiving limited feedback and those who experience it don’t have the tools, or desire, to share what they think.

There is no surprise Carnival wins certain categories. From my time on the Liberty, it’s clear that Carnival knows exactly who they want onboard and gears their product towards them. They know what they are selling and who they are selling it to.

Not so sure on the vast difference or that you can imply the Liberty short cruise market is the same for the whole product line.  

2 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Why would it get recognition when nobody in the states cruise on the ship.

Now you throw the loyal Royal connotation around.  You are always one to want to have a "discussion" but you really don't participate except to throw out cryptic one liners.

Kind of impossible to have a discussion.

But OK you have worn me down. Carnival is the next best thing since sliced bread.🙂👍

I was really just playing with the bashers...

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Not so sure on the vast difference or that you can imply the Liberty short cruise market is the same for the whole product line.  

For similar itineraries and voyage lengths, the product I received on Royal Caribbean was much different than on Carnival.

My previous post was actually in agreement with you that it’s not a surprise when Carnival wins certain areas. They know their product and who is utilizing their product. There were many areas where it was prevalent and impossible to notice on my recent Carnival cruise.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

For similar itineraries and voyage lengths, the product I received on Royal Caribbean was much different than on Carnival.

My previous post was actually in agreement with you that it’s not a surprise when Carnival wins certain areas. They know their product and who is utilizing their product. There were many areas where it was prevalent and impossible to notice on my recent Carnival cruise.

According to Cruise Critic Carnival won for service and value.

Royals Oasis of the Seas won best refurbishment.

It all depends on what poll you go by.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Treyatl2006 said:

It's a really nicely remodeled ship. Its beautifully done and the updates to the cabins were awesome. Is it perfect? No but alot of people over exaggerate the flaws. 

Agree on all counts

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

Disney's Aquaduck was years before Carnival's Skyride and is free. I've been on both, each is enjoyable.

I was referring to the golf carts On the bliss

Edited by jimbo5544

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

But golf carts would be a nice add with the super mega liners

I want to ride that roller coaster on the Mardi Gras. I am 74 and my wife thinks I am crazy. Our 2020 Halloween cruise was cancelled. Darn. Will not be ready. Booked it for Halloween 2021. So we booked the Sunrise for Halloween 2020 instead.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

I enjoyed Sunrise this past December I do enjoy how now Carnival has started using the other eating venues for breakfast like the omelet station having bacon pancakes French toast etc. cuts down on the Buffett line

Exactly