NCL price increases

hladygirl

All the cruises on NCL that I have been watching keep increasing the the price regularly. Even the ones that are leaving soon with lots of empty cabins. The latitudes 20% off cruises keep decreasing the inventory. NCL is not looking like an affordable vacation anymore.

20 minutes ago, hladygirl said:

All the cruises on NCL that I have been watching keep increasing the the price regularly. Even the ones that are leaving soon with lots of empty cabins. The latitudes 20% off cruises keep decreasing the inventory. NCL is not looking like an affordable vacation anymore.

I find many of my cruises to be pretty good bargains compared with land vacations in nice hotels. 

That's why when you see a low price, jump on it. We snagged a New Zealand deal a few months ago with only a $50 refundable deposit, price dropped and we switched to a different sailing dropping us off in Sydney instead of Port Kembla. Now the price is over $1K more than what we booked at.

Was keeping my eye on a RCC sailing for the whole family, but unlike NCL they do not offer low or refundable deposits. I'm not plunking down $800+ for a non refundable deposit, so I keep going back to NCL and snagging their deals when they are there to be found.

Business 101....

If you have half the passengers but they each pay twice the price your net income will be higher because your expenses are less.

In addition....those who book "rock bottom" won't be the biggest on board spenders.

IMHO...they are shifting demographics.

The days of $299/pp last minute deals may be over.

I agree! I booked the week before Black Friday, and I'm so glad I did. Our sailing is now $2,000 more than what we booked at for 2 adults/2 kids in a balcony cabin.

I'm hoping prices go back down so my in-laws can book on our sailing!

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

since Black Friday, Norwegian been increasing the prices and then advertising a 20-30% sale when it is not a sale since they inflected the prices

they inflected the prices

inflected

I don't know if that word INFLECTED was intentional or a misapplication of intention but NCL sure has a knack

for raising fares to compensate for all the freebee stuff.

Timing on your cruise booking is paramount to getting the best bang for your dollar pound round-to-it whatever !

AND the monitoring it for changes without adverse penalties losing perks and bonuses.