Talk to me about breakfast.

fdthird

I wake up very early, so I always start off the day by going to the cafe promenade, and getting fancy coffee and donuts once they open up.  Then I take it back to my room, and enjoy the coffee on my balcony until the DH wakes up.  Then, at some later point, we’ll head to the Windjammer or MDR for real breakfast 🙂

7 hours ago, fdthird said:

MD, buffet, room service.  

What ship?  On Oasis class you have Johnny Rockets and the Wipeout Cafe also. And the Park Cafe (as previously mentioned).  If you are in a Grand Suite or higher on Oasis Class you have Coastal Kitchen also, as well a FREE room service.  

For breakfast in the MDR, on the Oasis and Quantum class they have breakfast menu items, plus a buffet set up.  For lunch, only on sea days, you have menu items and a buffet set up. Dinner in the MDR only order form menu.

As others have said it all depends on the type of ship class.  Remember, room service for breakfast is free only applied to continental breakfast.  Also, don't forget the Promenade Café for quick bites 24 hours a day.

If you are a D or above you also have the ability to utilize the D lounge for breakfast and coffee availability just about the entire day.

52 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

I typically get up early and go get a coffee, then wait for Solarium to open for breakfast!  Solarium has plenty to offer and is much less congested and enjoyable!!

Overrated and not as good or healthy as first introduced.

52 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Does the solarium do made to order eggs?

51 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

No...I do not usually eat eggs, so this is a non-issue for me.

Depending on the ship class you can get freshly made eggs and omelets in the MDR and the WJ.  My preference is the WJ as it is cooked in front of you and choose the ingredients.  Also, the WJ pasta station and you choose then ingredients on certain class of ships.  Familiar with the Oasis and Quantum class.

1 hour ago, SuiteLady said:

I typically get up early and go get a coffee, then wait for Solarium to open for breakfast!  Solarium has plenty to offer and is much less congested and enjoyable!!

We were on Quantum,we tried to Solarium Bistro one morning,nice enough but found it a bit cramped.

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Omg- thx!  We will have to try that 🙂

Yeah, it's great.  They have a coffee station and everything as well.  We make sure to eat there at least 1 day.  We tend to like going to all the different venues just to have something new every day.

19 minutes ago, cfitch said:

If you have the RCI app you can view menus for the restaurants in advance (just no particulars on the Windjammer items).

Don't know if we were just unlucky(but then I do tend to be the kiss of death when it comes to new technology!) but on embarkation day on Quantum drink orders were being written down on the back of old envelopes in the pub,the interractive signs weren't working,nor was the reservation computer at Chops,maybe overloaded with so many new users but I gave up on the app after a few days as it just kept freezing