Regent now at Terminal C in Miami?

lbastida01

Just got our cruise docs for our Explorer Caribbean Cruise leaving 02/21/2020  and it shows Terminal C out of the Port of Miami.  From everything I've read, Regent usually goes out of Terminal J.  I checked the Port of Miami Website and Terminal C construction was scheduled to be completed Fall of 2019.  Not sure if that has anything to do with the terminal change.  Just a heads up to check your cruise docs to make sure you get to the right terminal if you're sailing out of Miami.  Happy New Year and happy cruising. 

14 hours ago, lbastida01 said:

Just got our cruise docs for our Explorer Caribbean Cruise leaving 02/21/2020  and it shows Terminal C out of the Port of Miami.  From everything I've read, Regent usually goes out of Terminal J.  I checked the Port of Miami Website and Terminal C construction was scheduled to be completed Fall of 2019.  Not sure if that has anything to do with the terminal change.  Just a heads up to check your cruise docs to make sure you get to the right terminal if you're sailing out of Miami.  Happy New Year and happy cruising. 

Splendor will arrive Miami on 20 Feb and likely will still be in J for inspections and then the christening events

6 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Port of Miami website says that Terminal J is undergoing renovations right now...

https://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/cruise-terminals.asp

Might not be the ideal "venue" for the Christening hoopla .

We will sail on Splendor in Feb - docs specify terminal J so let's hope renovations are complete by then.

Very likely they will be then...  also I suppose likely that the Port has not updated its site?

I am curious!  When do you sail and when did you get the cruise documents??  Can't wait to see ours (as I am sure you understand!) .  We are on the 14 March sailing from San Diego.

8 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Very likely they will be then...  also I suppose likely that the Port has not updated its site?

I am curious!  When do you sail and when did you get the cruise documents??  Can't wait to see ours (as I am sure you understand!) .  We are on the 14 March sailing from San Diego.

Feb 6 and Feb 25....with a 5-day gap in between while Regent gets the new ship inspections completed and then the christening events.  Received docs a week ago, I think

Sorry to be so dumb!!   Of course I knew that you are going to skip Bermuda and go to San Juan instead...did not connect the dots so to speak!!  Hope the weather is kind to you!   

I know there is a 4 day Christening Cruise right after the ceremonies on 21 Feb.  And then you'll be getting off in San Diego the day we board!   I do hope you will be posting from the ship...would love to read what you have to say.

A week ago for 6 Feb - means roughly 6 weeks before sailing...so ours should come around 1 Feb I suppose.  

Happy New Year!

Gerry

Edited by Hambagahle

Things do change, once we got an e-mail the morning of the cruise from our TA letting us know the Terminal had changed at the last minute - another reason to have a good TA.  But I think when your car pulled up and no ship or porters, you'd know to look around before getting out of the car.  Plus I'm sure Regent would have signs and/or people to direct you..........😁

Edited by ronrick1943

• 2 weeks later...

We were slated to sail from Terminal J on January 8th (currently en route back to Miami on Explorer) and ended up embarking from Terminal F. No big deal as an earlier poster pointed out, there are large signs indicating which ship departs from which terminal on the way in.

Rob

Edited by Robroy
Spelling auto error

• 3 weeks later...

I'd double-check online the night before just to be safe.  We switched from J to F some time between our docs being issues and our embarkation (Jan 8 sailing, same as Robroy).  There are a couple of ways to check but this one seems to be very accurate:  https://www8.miamidade.gov/Apps/Seaport/dailydock/Default.aspx   Just enter the dates you want it it will show which ships are where.

• Like 1