Just added Best.Sale.Ever to existing cruise - seems good?

ian441672

46 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I believe the Best2DG and Best2DW (note the insertion of "2") are only for fares that already have the other perk already -- Wifi for the Best2DG and gratuities for Best2DW. IOW they are not intended to let you pick and choose, but only to make up the difference so you cruise will be all-inclusive.

Wishing you luck applying add-ons down under!

I would verify this - I've been able to apply the Best 2DG to many cruises that had other promos with no WiFi promo - just OBC or whatevers...

It was a pick & choose for us. But, we are not down under.... Still, I love the Vegemite!

Edited by CruiseVA

We just added this deal on to our already booked Jan. 2021 cruise on the Enchanted, $40 a day for a drink package (which also includes free wifi and prepaid gratuities is an amazing deal!! Compared to Princesses regular $72.00 a day pp drink package, Have never seen Princess offer these prices!! 🍹🥂🍷

2 hours ago, Pharry said:

Thank you for the additional information, based on this it doesnt seem as though it will apply to us. Thanks again for the info 🤔

Pharry,

Unfortunately we come the "Land Down Under", where Princess is not so kind to us. Whilst we currently have a similar Best Sale Ever, ours only has WiFi and Drinks Package included. Alas, possibly because there is no Gratuities for Australian based Cruises, we don't get free Gratuities, which would make it worthwhile for those that do not partake in Alcohol, and taking non-Australian Based Cruises. 

20 minutes ago, Fosters1951 said:

Pharry,

Unfortunately we come the "Land Down Under", where Princess is not so kind to us. Whilst we currently have a similar Best Sale Ever, ours only has WiFi and Drinks Package included. Alas, possibly because there is no Gratuities for Australian based Cruises, we don't get free Gratuities, which would make it worthwhile for those that do not partake in Alcohol, and taking non-Australian Based Cruises. 

Thanks Fosters 1951, apparentley our cruise, which is to Alaska doesnt qualify for the Best Sale Ever benifits because no packages were "on sale" when we booked. It seems it doesnt always pay to book your cruise 12 months out. 🤔

On 1/2/2020 at 8:43 PM, Scubadoc said:

I would love to add this to our cruise January 16. Is it still true that this only works on cruises after March?

They extended it to cruises sailing before April just after Christmas. I phoned twice and was told it was not eligible for my cruise in March, both times though I was told they were adding sailings all the time so try again. I successfully added it at the end of December.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tiggertom said:

I can see that the deal is for departures up to April 2022 but I can’t see a start date. You should speak to your travel agent.

Offer available on select voyages sailing starting March 26, 2020

Edited by Coral

4 hours ago, BexLulu said:

They extended it to cruises sailing before April just after Christmas. I phoned twice and was told it was not eligible for my cruise in March, both times though I was told they were adding sailings all the time so try again. I successfully added it at the end of December.

yes, pays to keep checking back … often

one day our little 5 day next November was at 'full price' no promotions (12/12)

next day - price dropped by $100 , plus "Getaway" promotion was added - so we did a 'temp hold' (12/13)

next day BSE was available, so after reading all the threads on CC, I called and was able to add BEST2DG and paid the $100 NON-refundable deposit to lock it in (12/14 … Saturday … by calling the 1-800 and getting a great rep who happened to know about the ability to 'add-on')

On 1/2/2020 at 1:48 PM, Married15 said:

I also called to "add" Best Sale Ever to my existing reservation. I was told by Princess that can not be done. After reading through threads on CC, I knew that it could. I told the rep the code to use and he was shocked that it worked. I guess that we all learn something new every day. For us, it added an extra $600 to the fare, however on a 10 day $300 would be gratuities so for $150pp or $15 per day we scored the drink package. That is a win in my book! Thank you Cruise Critic!

I also caught this add on for MAy 2020, TA said extra $630 but I’m still waiting for my invoice with added perks and total due (added Dec 12th, original booking made Dec 9th).  Person who cleared everything with Princess is not the person I am dealing with at this point, maybe they don’t know how to do it....If you don’t mind me asking, would you mind sharing the code?  

18 hours ago, Aruba<3 said:

I also caught this add on for MAy 2020, TA said extra $630 but I’m still waiting for my invoice with added perks and total due (added Dec 12th, original booking made Dec 9th).  Person who cleared everything with Princess is not the person I am dealing with at this point, maybe they don’t know how to do it....If you don’t mind me asking, would you mind sharing the code?  

The codes are posted further back in this thread :-)

My PTA rocks! I had a 3 for Free... promo... but it had a non refundable... but by calling in they could give me a refundable deposit (using future cruise credits) then they added a free dinner for 2... with a price drop for like a 3 day sale.. and we upgraded our category for $25 total.... AND was given a choice of rooms when all there were was guaranteed cabins. So, called today and for $175 per person... we got the Free drink package and internet in addition to all of our other goodies! I had zero clue that was an option, but our guy made it happen. For us, $25 a day is less than 3 drinks which we could easily do. so YAY! I love working with the Princess Travel Agents!

• Like 1