Just added Best.Sale.Ever to existing cruise - seems good?

ian441672

Hi

Booked on inaugural Enchanted Med cruise in July, rang up last week to upgrade room category and asked about this sale, and can it be added on? I was advised, no; no-one on this cruise would be offered it, if it made me feel any better!

Just randomly checked fare prices for my suite, and I saw the price was available on addition to the 'regular' fare, at an extra £350pppd. Working it out, drinks package for our 10 day cruise would be approx. £1160 in total, gratuities £260 and Medallion Internet £120, totalling £1540, versus £700 just paid to upgrade! ($1925 vs. $875).  Seems a great deal and surprised to see it on there.

Just cancelled my coffee package and pre-paid (already) gratuities, so even less extra to pay (as I will transfer these refunds directly on to my total bill).

Always pays to keep checking the deals, and for once, this does seem like a good deal. I am sure I will be told otherwise by someone 😉 !

Happy New Year all.

Regards.

• Like 3

Congrats on the deal!!!  I added it to my room, too (Emerald, Sept '21).  We normally don't drink package because we don't drink enough for the value - but the cost was low enough that we felt like while we may not quite drink the cost value, being able to pay it out and not having to find soda to lug on board made the difference worth while. 

I also called to "add" Best Sale Ever to my existing reservation. I was told by Princess that can not be done. After reading through threads on CC, I knew that it could. I told the rep the code to use and he was shocked that it worked. I guess that we all learn something new every day. For us, it added an extra $600 to the fare, however on a 10 day $300 would be gratuities so for $150pp or $15 per day we scored the drink package. That is a win in my book! Thank you Cruise Critic!

• Like 4

We were rather amazed that this sale also worked for us, particularly as we are in the UK and only by chance decided to follow-up with the travel agent to see if it could be applied. We booked a 7 day Scandinavian cruise back in September largely to use up some FCC compensation that was about to expire, added the drinks package and intended then to forget about it until close to July when we leave. As part of this offer we were allowed to cancel the drinks package receiving the refund within 5 days and now have the drinks, the bonus of paid gratuities and internet access and effectively £280 paid back into our bank account

We are still not 100% convinced as to cruising holidays but certainly the pre cruise experience with Princess and the TA on this occasion has proved to be a good incentive

Pretty sure I got the BDE on the BSE ( Best Deal Ever on the Best. Sale. Ever.)

we booked a "Getaway" promotion where the 2nd person is/was 50% off the fare of the first … when we added BEST2DG ( drinks and grats ) for $ 30 per day for me , 5 days at $ 30 per day - $ 150 … this was added to our cruise fare … and as such , when the BEST2DG was also added to my wife's fare , "her" cost was $ 15 per day ( remember that 50% off ) 

talk about a winner, winner, chicken dinner !! 🤑

• Like 1

The BSE was the first Princess sale that actually felt like a real sale. Thanks to voljeep we found out that it would work on our two Getaway Cruises. 

Since we always pay our gratuities, it really is $15 for the drink package and internet. Even if you don't drink alcohol that is still a good deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, davekent said:

We were rather amazed that this sale also worked for us, particularly as we are in the UK and only by chance decided to follow-up with the travel agent to see if it could be applied. We booked a 7 day Scandinavian cruise back in September largely to use up some FCC compensation that was about to expire, added the drinks package and intended then to forget about it until close to July when we leave. As part of this offer we were allowed to cancel the drinks package receiving the refund within 5 days and now have the drinks, the bonus of paid gratuities and internet access and effectively £280 paid back into our bank account

We are still not 100% convinced as to cruising holidays but certainly the pre cruise experience with Princess and the TA on this occasion has proved to be a good incentive

I get you there - us Brits don't always get a good deal and always seem to miss out on the sip n sail promo's, even when trying to book on board in the US they won't allow us to have it, so this makes a welcome change for us to be able to have it 🙂 

16 hours ago, mrp4352 said:

Congrats on the deal!!!  I added it to my room, too (Emerald, Sept '21).  We normally don't drink package because we don't drink enough for the value - but the cost was low enough that we felt like while we may not quite drink the cost value, being able to pay it out and not having to find soda to lug on board made the difference worth while. 

Exactly lol. We wouldn't drink $60 of drink each a day, and we do enjoy a drink and cocktails but not $120 a day for the full drinks package price! This now becomes $44 a day, less gratuities $16.50 a day, and less internet $15 a day, that makes $12.50 on drink a day very do-able. Great offer!!

Edited by ian441672
$ conversion rate error!

23 hours ago, ian441672 said:

Hi

Booked on inaugural Enchanted Med cruise in July, rang up last week to upgrade room category and asked about this sale, and can it be added on? I was advised, no; no-one on this cruise would be offered it, if it made me feel any better!

Just randomly checked fare prices for my suite, and I saw the price was available on addition to the 'regular' fare, at an extra £350pppd. Working it out, drinks package for our 10 day cruise would be approx. £1160 in total, gratuities £260 and Medallion Internet £120, totalling £1540, versus £700 just paid to upgrade! ($1925 vs. $875).  Seems a great deal and surprised to see it on there.

Just cancelled my coffee package and pre-paid (already) gratuities, so even less extra to pay (as I will transfer these refunds directly on to my total bill).

Always pays to keep checking the deals, and for once, this does seem like a good deal. I am sure I will be told otherwise by someone 😉 !

Happy New Year all.

Regards.

Hello,

Just yesterday I had our TA look into this sale for our upcoming 2021 Canada New England Cruise which we booked in the summer.   Long story short we did get this sale and only paying $336.00CAN more for the two of us !!!  . So with it to us bc we always get the Beverage Pkg and that along was going to cost us approx $1200 

It really does pay to keep an eye on New Fares and Sales like this one !!   Cheers !!

• Like 1

I was one that it hasn’t helped. Yes, it would be a savings IF I was going to add the drink package. But we don’t drink enough to make it worth it.  I booked in October and received the free gratuities and 1,400 OBC.  I would have to pay about 2000 more and lose some of the OBC.  I figured the OBC will allow us to drink enough that we should be happy. Also the fact that Princess lets you bring soft drinks on, my morning diet soda for caffeine will be taken care of.    But I will be double checking prices to make sure. I cruise in August. 

The Best Ever Sale has been very badly handled by Princess on both sides of the Atlantic. Here in the UK most of the Princess agents didn't have a clue how the AddOn worked for existing bookings. If I had accepted the first agents insistence it couldn't be added I would have missed out, as would several others who post on here. Very unprofessional, managers should insure all staff are properly trained.

• Like 3

I forgot to book private trip insurance within the 14-day window after Reserving our November 2020 cruise under the Sip & Sail promo, so I’m tempted to cancel/rebook under this special which looks great and hope Princess is quick enough to get my same cabin.  Then I can proceed with Insurance as “new booking”.  Yikes - never had to think about medical insurance for non-us cruises before we retired and went on Medicare!

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

I forgot to book private trip insurance within the 14-day window after Reserving our November 2020 cruise under the Sip & Sail promo, so I’m tempted to cancel/rebook under this special Which looks great and hope Princess is quick enough to get my same cabin.  Then I can proceed with Insurance as “new booking”.  Yikes - never had to think about medical insurance for non-us cruises Before we retired and went on Medicare!

Read the fine print. A long time ago, I had purchased a cruise but not insurance yet. My Mom had a medical issue and I thought about doing the same thing you are thinking of doing. The fine print said something that indicated that insurance wouldn't cover if it was booked a 2nd time for the same date. I don't remember the exact wording but they had an exclusion for people doing this. I ended up switching from Eastern Caribbean to Western Caribbean to get around it.

I don't read policies as closely as I used to when my Mom was alive so I don't know if current policies have this wording but there are too many companies to just make a blanket statement.

Now, I use an agent that has a policy that allows me to buy insurance at final payment and it covers pre-existing conditions. And it is great insurance. I don't have any pre-existing conditions but stick with this insurance.

Edited by Coral

On 1/3/2020 at 5:18 AM, Married15 said:

I also called to "add" Best Sale Ever to my existing reservation. I was told by Princess that can not be done. After reading through threads on CC, I knew that it could. I told the rep the code to use and he was shocked that it worked. I guess that we all learn something new every day. For us, it added an extra $600 to the fare, however on a 10 day $300 would be gratuities so for $150pp or $15 per day we scored the drink package. That is a win in my book! Thank you Cruise Critic!

Thanks for this information,  we are trying to get this for our June cruise. We were wondering what code you used please. Thanks in advance Tricia.

8 minutes ago, Married15 said:

For drinks, wifi and grats $40pp per day Best3. For drinks & grats $30 BestDG. For Drinks, wifi $25 BestDW, for wifi and grats $25 Best2WG. Not sure how it works in Australia though. Good luck.

Thank you. Will pass them on to our TA. Hope they work here . 🤗🤗

• Like 1

I believe the Best2DG and Best2DW (note the insertion of "2") are only for fares that already have the other perk already -- Wifi for the Best2DG and gratuities for Best2DW. IOW they are not intended to let you pick and choose, but only to make up the difference so you cruise will be all-inclusive.

Wishing you luck applying add-ons down under!

Edited by crystalspin

3 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I believe the Best2DG and Best2DW (note the insertion of "2") are only for fares that already have the other perk already -- Wifi for the Best2DG and gratuities for Best2DW. IOW they are not intended to let you pick and choose, but only to make up the difference so you cruise will be all-inclusive.

Wishing you luck applying add-ons down below.

Thank you for the additional information, based on this it doesnt seem as though it will apply to us. Thanks again for the info 🤔