Jamie’s Italian - Anthem of the Seas.

Hi, 

Is Jamie’s Italian still open on Anthem? I know that the business has gone into liquidation in the UK, but suspect that the one onboard Anthem was a franchise m, so wondering if it is still open?

Many thanks

I was disappointed with Jamie's on Anthem, this past November.  Slow service, loud music and mediocre food.  Of all the specialty dining restaurants, I was looking forward to this one the most.  It was also empty, which was not the case at the other specialty dining spots on the ship.  

2 hours ago, akke29 said:

I was disappointed with Jamie's on Anthem, this past November.  Slow service, loud music and mediocre food.  Of all the specialty dining restaurants, I was looking forward to this one the most.  It was also empty, which was not the case at the other specialty dining spots on the ship.  

We were also extremely disappointed with it.

Did the three night dining package the other two nights were excellent but Jamie’s was a massive let down.

Eaten at Jamie's twice on Anthem. Once just me and my wife, the other with a larger group. Both times we enjoyed our food, the pasta was really great and my wife loved the charcuterie board. 

Going back on Anthem in March and trying to determine if we should go back to Jamie's or try somewhere we haven't eaten yet. 

We were also on board Anthem over Thanksgiving. We have never had a problem with service in Jamie's and did not notice loud music.  Maybe it was the time of dining as we like to dine early.  We actually got to sit outside because the weather was unusually nice and we had just left Nassau.  It was a wonderful change from the dining room.

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think few people know about the outside seating area. Very quiet and relaxing.

Jamies was so good we went there twice.

379E3BA1-FA1D-4DA5-939F-D79A59C4F32E.jpeg

Although we didn’t enjoy Jamie’s on this particular cruise we have done before and since on other ships perhaps the restaurant had an off day we did enjoy the seating outside which was a plus.

I do however think most cruisers must know about the outside seating after all you really have to pass by it when walking through Central Park at any time of day or night and certainly before entering the inside dining area.

54 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Although we didn’t enjoy Jamie’s on this particular cruise we have done before and since on other ships perhaps the restaurant had an off day we did enjoy the seating outside which was a plus.

I do however think most cruisers must know about the outside seating after all you really have to pass by it when walking through Central Park at any time of day or night and certainly before entering the inside dining area.

The OP is asking about Anthem.
There is no CP on Anthem and the Jamie’s outside seating area on Anthem is not easily  visible from inside the ship and you would only pass it if you happened to be walking around the outside deck 5. 

I agree on Oasis class it is very visible in CP.

Edited by little britain

Thank you for correcting me my mistake entirely.

However as I said earlier we didn’t enjoy our meal there on Anthem perhaps the kitchen and servers had an off day we all do sometimes.

In fairness on our other couple of visits on different ships it’s been absolutely fine and if the weather permits we to enjoy the outdoor seating.

I had a poor Jamie’s experience on Harmony.  I almost didn’t eat at Jamie’s as a result.  So glad I did try Jamie’s on Anthem.  

Every venue can have an off day.  Unless you cruise frequently and partake frequently it’s hard to draw conclusions.