~40hrs on Equinox - what shouldn't we miss??

Virga

So we'd been waffling over the two nighter on Equinox sailing 16 Jan, but when I saw the 6312 Sunset Veranda with beverage package for $500, I couldn't help but book. 

Our main goal is to make sure we like Aft cabins - we're looking to book an Alaskan cruise, but would hate to spend a fortune to discover we hate it back there.  Past that, we want to check out this class of ship - we've only ever sailed on the Infinity and the Constellation.  On other lines, we're always on the smaller / older ships - this will definitely be our 'nicest' ship ever. 

So, what can't we miss?  I expect the cruise to be full of other drinkers, and a much younger crowd than we've experienced on Celebrity before - that's fine, we're young(ish) ourselves.  We don't dance and we don't sunbathe - we're more about finding chill areas to read, relax, chat with each other passengers or bartenders.  We figure most of this cruise will be us walking around exploring, since we have so little time, but we want to make sure we don't miss anything special.  Thanks so much! 

Well, my favorite places on S Class ships are the Sky Lounge for the clear forward view and the Sunset Bar for the aft view!  Since you’ve sailed Celebrity before you already know about Cafe al Bacio and the Martini Bar...the waffles and eggs Benedict at the Oceanview Cafe...

We nearly always book far aft.   We love it back there.  It's a long walk but we figure we can use the walk.  It's also quiet.  No one goes there except the ones who "live" there.  Great views.  We find zero negative with aft cabins.  Usually we book a corner aft sky suite but the concierge cabin back there is one we've sailed in several times.  

Martini Bar is fun but loud.  We prefer the drinks and the ambiance of the World Class Bar.  Easier to get a rapport with the bartender and other passengers because you can HEAR.  

One of my favourite things to do on the S-class is grab a drink from the Sunset Bar and find a shaded seat by the lawn bowling area and read/people watch. Also, I find the World Class Bar is a great place to chat up the bartenders and socialize, especially if the Martini Bar is crowded and it's fun to drink through that menu (especially if you have the premium package).

The art auction.  🙄  NOT

I am sure that you will find a place that you like.  

The Martini, and World Class bars are fun.  The Sky Lounge is a also a nice retreat during the day and has their own unique drinks and so does the Sushi restuarant.   

Just do your own thing.  We been on that ship many times and always  hung out at different bars.   It all depends on the BTs and how they made the drinks we like the way we like them.  

We liked the drinks at the World Class bar but one time  the BT was a total a hole.   The bar was always empty because of her.   

Most BTs will substitute the type of liquor if you ask them.   If you have a premium drink pack don’t assume that every drink will be made with premium liquor.   They will use the classic stuff unless you ask for a premium brand,    The only exception are the drinks at the Martini Bar and World class bar.   You get what is listed on the drink menu.  

You can also get other drinks than martinis at that bar.  

The bars at the back of the ship are nice and peaceful at night.  

There are nice appetizers in the Buffet around 4:00 pm. Get a place full and a drink from  the bar that is there to take your cabin to enjoy on the balcony.  Use the tray that is in your cabin to help carry everything back.  

if you cruised on X before than you should know what to do and not miss out on.  They are about the same except for the Edge.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅.  

Thank you everyone!  We will definitely upgrade to the Premium package, and actually will upgrade to the Drinks & More if they'll let us - it's a no brainer on a two night trip.  We're really looking forward to this one!