New Celebrity promotion

Slyfox16

I pulled the trigger last night on a new booking.  I thought the prices would go up today.  I priced the same cabin, same perk on today's rates and I saved myself $400 by booking last night.  This is just a 5 night little getaway not requiring airfare.

• Like 3

In our experience, the best prices are at the very beginning of a cruise offering and after final payment. Early booking has the advantage of more choice in cabin location. After final booking one may have little to no choice. The "sales" that the cruise lines (with their computer algorithms) run between these periods are, at best, a shell-game to incentivize some to move quickly and seal their good deal.

With the introduction of  the 1-2-3-type programs, I think Celebrity (and others) increased their base fares to decrease the appeal of base-level cruises and increase the "wow-cheaper-to-keep-her" factor. We are entering the age of AI and look what we are up against already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Honestly, I get so tired with all the games.  I just want to cruise for a fair price and enjoy my vacation!  A few hundred here or there is not a biggie, as long as I feel good about the price I paid...

Yes. I have only one cruise booked with which I am not happy with the price: the first of four B2Bs, RT and easily dropped if we don't see a good decline in price. We've switched to NRDs on the others when we've been able to increase value/decrease cost (or both).

I went through the motions today on 7 cruises. On most, we are currently much better off with current bookings, one was a moderate increase in value with a tiny increase in fare, and one had a significant increase in value with a decrease in fare. 

Doing away with the games would be nice. I'm fortunate to have the time to play the games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

I pulled the trigger last night on a new booking.  I thought the prices would go up today.  I priced the same cabin, same perk on today's rates and I saved myself $400 by booking last night.  This is just a 5 night little getaway not requiring airfare.

I wish we had pulled the trigger yesterday on the cruise we were looking at. Price today is now $700 more per person. We have no need for the beverage package or unlimited WiFi so including the 4 perks at a higher price doesn’t make sense. Sounds like this promo is over on 1/16 so we will look at the cruise again then.

I'm one of the happy ones. We have 2 cruises booked way out in October 2021 on Apex.

The TA was already booked as NRD, with 4 perks. Even though we lost $200 of the OBC with today's promo, the net savings to me was $944. That's a serious discount.

The other cruise (a B2B right before the TA) was still booked as refundable, again with 4 perks. If I wanted to keep it refundable I would have saved about $360. Pulling the trigger to go with NRD saved me... drumroll please... $2080. Yep, count me in. I'll risk $200 for that any day.

These two cruises were not available during the Veteran's day sale and I was not checking over Black Friday due to having surgery. So not sure if I could have beaten today's promo back then, but I'm definitely a happy cruiser!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

I wish we had pulled the trigger yesterday on the cruise we were looking at. Price today is now $700 more per person. We have no need for the beverage package or unlimited WiFi so including the 4 perks at a higher price doesn’t make sense. Sounds like this promo is over on 1/16 so we will look at the cruise again then.

One can always call X or their TA for alternative pricing. 

Bon voyage 

50 minutes ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

Already tried...  Talked to my Vacation Planner at X yesterday and she confirmed they could not offer any alternative pricing.  😢

Okay, thank you for the confirmation...

bon voyage

Our sailing for 2021 jumped almost $2,100, am I ever happy we booked when we did.. yet 2021 is a ways away, for now, but will still look at sales for any potential savings or additions or upgrades or ????

bon voyage

I actually got a notification for a price drop on our May 21 Solstice last night and discovered that the price for A2 is actually SLIGHTLY lower than what we got during the Veterans' Day sale. We will lose $200 in OBC but gain a $280 reduction in fare - I wouldn't normally bother since the overall difference is pretty small but we struggled a bit to use up OBC on our last cruise, so I figured it would be better to convert it into fare savings. Once gratuities are paid and beverage package is upgraded to premium, we don't spend a ton of money on board, especially when our dining is already "upgraded" by virtue of sailing AQ. We might do one night in Murano and spend a few dollars on more expensive drinks - beyond that we'll probably use the extra OBC for end-of-cruise tips to our favorite crew members.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2020 at 9:49 AM, bikerunner said:

Its all a game with figuring out the prices.  The AQ I have for the Reflection on Nov 23 is about 2400 higher than what I paid.  Dont expect to be able to get any better than I already have, its a group rate so that also discounts.  I do check on each sale just in case but my last 3 cruises i have not had to shift at all from my initial booking,   only thing I did any adjusting on is with excursions which move around a lot I noticed.  But this one I am doing more off ship excursions.  

If there are any cabins left in the group you should be able to get the 4 perks with the price u are paying now.  Another advantage of a group booking

Trying to keep up pricing is mad..lol . I have an Alaska Cruise booked for May 2021.   I had it booked with Celebrity last month. 1 perk refundable deposit. Moved it over to a TA yesterday for $800 less no perk but $300 OBC.  Today,  I kept the same price as yesterday but now 3 perks included plus the $300 OBC this is for a refundable deposit. Just looked on Celebrity website its $1200 more for the 3 perks then my TA and no extra $300OBC.   Insane. I think the deal I got is great.  But, will have to call tomorrow and see with the price is for the non-refundable 4 perks deal is with them. 

4 hours ago, whitshel said:

If there are any cabins left in the group you should be able to get the 4 perks with the price u are paying now.  Another advantage of a group booking

Which sailing are you on and can you give hints for the TA?  I have gotten some of my best deals when I got a group rate on a TA starting with Cru and then Celebrity having great Go Best promotion.  But I can't find any group rates for Celebrity on any of the big online TA's.  

49 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Which sailing are you on and can you give hints for the TA?  I have gotten some of my best deals when I got a group rate on a TA starting with Cru and then Celebrity having great Go Best promotion.  But I can't find any group rates for Celebrity on any of the big online TA's.  

I also got a  group pricing with the TA.. I try Cru first but this other company had a better rate  Starts with what a King wear on his head:)