Embarkation Day lunch on Crown Princess

jeno

13 minutes ago, jeno said:

Is the main dining room open for lunch on Embarkation day? We have eaten there in the past, but I’ve mostly been cruising other cruise lines lately.  Thanks, 

This sounds familiar 🤔.......yes usually Noon to 1:30 however in Oct it was 11:30am to 1:00pm.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Yep. Open until 1:30 but don't arrive "just before" that time. Location will be in the Patter.

Thanks!

The Patter will be in our cabin, correct? I have had trouble in the past trying to get a straight answer out of the people trying to herd us all to the buffet.  Hoping we can find out as soon as we board.  

3 minutes ago, jeno said:

Thanks!

The Patter will be in our cabin, correct? I have had trouble in the past trying to get a straight answer out of the people trying to herd us all to the buffet.  Hoping we can find out as soon as we board.  

It should be in one of the 2 DR's off the atrium deck 5 or 6.

Usually deck 6.

I don't waste time with the Patter or asking any crew I just go there and force my way in.  😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jennybenny said:

Beware that some crew will only direct you to the buffet, even though MDR is available. 

That has been my experience in the past.  Agree!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, antsp said:

What’s the issue with crew and the dining room, it’s seems to against all experiences passengers have with crew in other areas

For whatever reason they either like to discourage MDR lunch on embarkation day or employees really are not aware of it because they don't work for that department and are told to direct passengers up and outside (?? I find that hard to believe).

My experience was this on the Crown in Nov.  I was literally the first person stepping aboard (my first cruise as Elite) and they were handing small slips of paper to those boarding first (Suites & Elites) with a few notes of information, including an invite to the Deck 6 DR for lunch.  I already had plans to do it this time, but my first mission was the Sanctuary. 

We did go for lunch.  IDK if they only handed out slips until whatever number they had were gone, or whether they had them just for the first wave of Suites & Elites.  I have been the first Platinum boarding in the past as well and was never handed such a paper.