Venice: Hilton Molino Stucky or St. Mark's Square Location Hotel?

newtocruiseinblue

We are booked at Hotel Saturnia International for two nights. It is in the St. Mark's Square area, has a rooftop terrace. Is located in a 14th century palace and has a restaurant. I know it is in a busy location and that's okay with me. I like the idea of being able to step out of my door and be in the heart of things. 

The Hilton Molino Stucky on the nearby island of Guidecca is running a special and I would be able to stay there for the same price as Hotel Saturnia. It is a five-star resort, but it is a hotel shuttle boat ride away from the true Venice. I understand Guidecca is beautiful is away from the madness of St. Mark's square. Such as hard decision. 

Part of me feels that the first two nights in Venice are going to be a bit of a blur and we will be jet lagged so just stay in the heart of things. The other part of me is saying, "take the sale and stay at the resort". 

It is my second visit to Venice, but the first was only one day at the end of the cruise. This time we are beginning and ending in Venice so we have more time.

I understand the Piazzale Roma is more convenient to the cruise port, but we are fine staying a little away from that area. 

Any guidance for those that have been there and can provide input? Thank you so much!

1 minute ago, dogs4fun said:

It would be no contest for me - I would choose the St. Mark's location.

Same for me.  I like to be "in the mix" when I'm staying in a city. It's great to be able to step out the door and be there. Also, having a centrally located hotel makes it easier if one wants to take a break mid-day while sightseeing, even if it's just a few minutes to change shoes or take a quick breather.

• Like 1

Hotel Molino Stucky has its own water bus transfer which runs several times a day

however in between times you can easily catch the regular water bus services by walking a few hundred yards away from hotel which gives you more freedom

the hotel is also on the main Alilaguna boat transfer line between airport and cruise port

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:59 AM, southernbreezes said:

St. Marks, nothing like it in the evening after all the crowds are gone. We will back in July 2020 cannot wait!

My favorite hotel in the World is the Bauer Hotel in Venice.

Please expound on the Bauer Hotel.  Looking to make booking soon.  Just wondering what makes it your favorite.

Macy

15 hours ago, wannasail4ever said:

Please expound on the Bauer Hotel.  Looking to make booking soon.  Just wondering what makes it your favorite.

Macy

Here is a link to the review I wrote....

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187870-d195002-r537430283-Bauer_Palazzo-Venice_Veneto.html

• Like 1

We loved the Hilton Molino Stucky. So easy to get over to St Marks on their water shuttle, but nice to come back to the quieter little island with lovely restaurants nearby and the hotel is stunning. The water bus stopped right outside and took us and our luggage right to the Cruise port. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 6:14 PM, wannasail4ever said:

Macy

My favorite too.  The most amazing terrace for sitting at night under the stars by the Grand Canal.

The breakfast buffet is awesome. Location even more so.  The rooms and service are first class.

We were there last year at the time of the historical regatta which we watched from the terrace.  Great day!

It is a magical place

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...