New Seaday Brunch Menu

Titan_Cruiser

Thanks for uploading photo of the brunch menu. Seems to be mixed reviews. Going on the Pride in may and will try the brunch. Have to say loved the old menu and will miss the Mac N Cheese, I'd order it with crumbled bacon and chopped fried chicken, amazing and the corned beef hash. Was on the Breeze a few years ago and went to the brunch everyday they had it. Was delicious. And they had a roaming bar cart and those bloody mary's were awesome. Cheers.

I'm not a breakfast person too much, but when sailing enjoy breakfast in the dining room.

While I miss the old brunch menu, I found several items on the new one to enjoy. 

I loved the skillet cake, which a side of cheese grits and sausage.   The burger was suprising good.

The port day menu breakfast board was good, I always wanted to see what the hype about avocado toast and got the chance to try.

I either go when they first open or at lunch time to avoid the crowds.

Even on port days can eat and get out at reasonable time.

The only time it was ok was I had a waitress who placed my order incorrectly.   Had to wait a little longer for breakfast, but no biggie.

Alot better that what I do at home.  Normally a bowl of oatmeal and that's it

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:26 AM, grandmarnnurse said:

I don’t know what the fuss is about. This menu looks fantastic! Several items in here that I’d choose, and as long as my hubby gets his steak and eggs, he’s happy.

I did the signature tower (bottom middle of menu pic) and it was wonderful!! However, the service at brunch is unbelievably slow and they messed up so many orders at our table (not mine, but it did take super long for items that really aren't even cooked on that one).

I have heard many, many complaints about the brunch service. Beware and do not be in any sort of rush.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amyotravel said:

I did the signature tower (bottom middle of menu pic) and it was wonderful!! However, the service at brunch is unbelievably slow and they messed up so many orders at our table (not mine, but it did take super long for items that really aren't even cooked on that one).

I have heard many, many complaints about the brunch service. Beware and do not be in any sort of rush.

I am aware how slow the service could be, as we ate breakfast in MDR every day when we cruised the Breeze last March. It’s still a much better experience than the buffet. I HATE the long buffet lines. 

14 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I am aware how slow the service could be, as we ate breakfast in MDR every day when we cruised the Breeze last March. It’s still a much better experience than the buffet. I HATE the long buffet lines. 

I dislike the buffet period. Will only go get a bit of salad or some cheese to take to my room to have with wine once in a while. But I don't eat my meals there!

I have had breakfast in the MDR on other ships and the slowness seems to me to be worse at brunch than at breakfast.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, HakunaMatada said:

do they still offer the mac n cheese with bacon? I don't see it on that menu

Just off the Panorama on Saturday.  They will do the mac & cheese with bacon.  Its on the kids menu but I ordered it and it is exactly the same as the old version.  

Also had the Steak & Eggs another time (can you tell I don't like breakfast food?? 😄)  The filet was fine, but I miss the Bearnaise sauce that used to come with it!  My mom had the 12 hour French Toast and was not impressed. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EllaDuChien said:

Just off the Panorama on Saturday.  They will do the mac & cheese with bacon.  Its on the kids menu but I ordered it and it is exactly the same as the old version.  

Also had the Steak & Eggs another time (can you tell I don't like breakfast food?? 😄)  The filet was fine, but I miss the Bearnaise sauce that used to come with it!  My mom had the 12 hour French Toast and was not impressed. 

The last time I ordered the Steak & Eggs I asked for a side of Hollandaise sauce and it was yummy with it.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 10:39 AM, let's go cruising said:

Yes, I was excited too.  The execution was disappointing, let's say. For instance: on the regular menu they have regular French toast.  I ordered it and it was perfect. Several people at my table ordered the 12 hour French toast on the Seaday menu.  It was never cooked through and the "peaches" were just two slivers randomly on top. No one finished it because it just wasn't good.

Sorry to be a downer.

Renee

Agree about the 12-hour french toast.  We tried it twice on two different ships, and it wasn't cooked in the middle.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, HakunaMatada said:

do they still offer the mac n cheese with bacon? I don't see it on that menu

They have mac and cheese on the kids menu that you can order.  I had some of my daughters on the Ecstasy, and it was amazing!  So I ordered it recently on the Liberty, and it looked like Easy Mac 🤷‍♀️  Maybe they were just having a bad day?

Several of us from my breakfast bunch from a year ago on Vista had the 12-hour french toast and it was always cooked through.  Pretty good, just A LOT.  Ask for extra peaches.  I never finished one.  It's for sure big enough for 2 people.  Maybe 3 😄

My SDB go-to is the eggs benedict with salmon with a side of bacon.  My roommate always gets steak & eggs and he hates hot tomatoes so I always get his from under the steak 😋  We leave leave on Freedom in 24 days and I am already looking forward to his steak tomatoes, haha!  

1 hour ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Also, at least theoretically,

Is this necessary? 

2 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

What's the difference between this and the buffet? With the exception of the steak and eggs, it looks like everything on that menu could be found in the buffet.

Not even close, and no the buffet does not have everything the Sea Brunch has. The Eggs Benedict in the buffet look like hard boiled eggs, with crusty hollandaise, yuk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Yes.  I’ve had sea day brunch items that were very fresh (like they should be), and some that tasted like they had been sitting under the heat lamp for quite awhile.  (Eggs Benedict, I’m looking at you).  T

still freshly prepared, and I love the Eggs Benedict and always ask for loose eggs and extra Hollandaise, not picking up food in a timely manner is the servers bad, not the cooks.

On 1/20/2020 at 12:44 PM, coevan said:

sorry that looks gross and what the heck is 12 hour french toast? it's not a brisket

I agree that the pictured 12 hour french toast looks awful.  12 hour french toast is more of a bread pudding than a french toast.  My recipe uses cubed french baguette soaked in an egg, milk, cinnamon, vanilla mixture for anywhere from overnight to 36 hours then baked and topped with cinnamon sugar and either syrup or fruit compote. Parts of the bread are "toasty" and others moist, but not soggy/raw like shown.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:07 AM, amyotravel said:

My worst service experiences have been with breakfast and brunch.  There are a few items we enjoy (the pancetta eggs were much closer to true carbonara than evening MDR spaghetti carbonara), but generally we opt for dining al fresco at Blue Iguana.

On 1/24/2020 at 4:42 PM, Cyn874 said:

What's the difference between this and the buffet? With the exception of the steak and eggs, it looks like everything on that menu could be found in the buffet.

Many of the items I haven't seen at the buffet, and the presentation is often better at sea day brunch (we eat with our eyes first).  The biggest difference apart from the food is the table service and less risk of food contamination than the buffet.

• Like 1