New Seaday Brunch Menu

Titan_Cruiser

26 minutes ago, Stacie. said:

This is the sea day brunch menu I had on the Elation in November (I didn’t take this picture but found it online). 

F33CBE87-5DD1-41A6-8AA2-452509154ABE.jpeg

I don’t know what the fuss is about. This menu looks fantastic! Several items in here that I’d choose, and as long as my hubby gets his steak and eggs, he’s happy.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I don’t know what the fuss is about. This menu looks fantastic! Several items in here that I’d choose, and as long as my hubby gets his steak and eggs, he’s happy.

Yes, I was excited too.  The execution was disappointing, let's say. For instance: on the regular menu they have regular French toast.  I ordered it and it was perfect. Several people at my table ordered the 12 hour French toast on the Seaday menu.  It was never cooked through and the "peaches" were just two slivers randomly on top. No one finished it because it just wasn't good.

Sorry to be a downer.

Renee

Have to agree with most above, we had it on the Breeze for our Journey's cruise in November and Bermuda cruise in September and were not happy with it.  Even our server on the Sunshine stated that most are not happy with some of the changes, and discouraged us from ordering some of the items.  We have never really experienced that before, but was glad we took his advice.    The French toast is ridiculous, and hard looking around the edges and mushy inside.  Now I will say we did enjoy the skillet cake which is there new take on pancakes and I did order more than once.  Also the fresh pressed juice for $5/glass fee is a little much, the regular juice was fine for us.  There are suppose to be some more healthy choice breakfast options on it that we observed tables near us that had ordered and seemed to enjoy.  Just have to say we weren't a fan either of most of the changes.

• Like 1

I ate there both sea days and had the eggs Benedict once and the pancetta scrambled once. They were both very good. My DH has the 12 hour French toast and the skillet cake and they were both good as well. My friend had the omelet one day and the frittata the next time and her DH had the steak and eggs and the skillet cake and they thought all was delicious as well. This was their first cruise and really enjoyed the breakfast/brunch in the MDR every morning. This was my fourth cruise but really the first time doing breakfast/brunch in the MDR and I will never go back to the buffet style breakfast. If my kids want to subject themselves to that they are old enough to wander around on their own. I quite enjoyed the more relaxed pace and not standing in line. I never tried the old sea day brunch menu so I can’t compare the new menu to it but we were all satisfied with our selections. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, HakunaMatada said:

do they still offer the mac n cheese with bacon? I don't see it on that menu

It appears as though they don’t. I was looking forward to trying it as I had seen old menus but it wasn’t on this one. 

1 hour ago, let's go cruising said:

Yes, I was excited too.  The execution was disappointing, let's say. For instance: on the regular menu they have regular French toast.  I ordered it and it was perfect. Several people at my table ordered the 12 hour French toast on the Seaday menu.  It was never cooked through and the "peaches" were just two slivers randomly on top. No one finished it because it just wasn't good.

Sorry to be a downer.

Renee

I had the same experience with the 12 hour french toast. I didn’t eat it.
9D488024-D118-4E63-9F7C-C52E5570DD79.thumb.jpeg.5061e6b5b5a24404a0de6dad192be1e7.jpegA4D46C27-C01E-43E4-8D27-090B99CAD8C3.thumb.jpeg.8ab6fa84aba396767c533f2cfbad3f99.jpeg3C71427B-CE1E-4193-9F91-4B6967DF0308.thumb.jpeg.ddb053256505a0c898ef01009ac87eb3.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1