Opinion on grabbing a “price reduction”

chrispee

We are past final payment for our March 15th sailing on the Silhouette, and with the new sale our category price is higher than we paid but includes all four perks instead of two. When I calculate it out it’s basically a financial wash but we’d get the internet package for free. The only issue is I’d be locking in with the higher price if a better deal came along in the next 54 days. 

Can any experienced price watchers chime in as to the likelihood of a price reduction that includes all perks?  I know it would just be an educated guess, but any guess I’d be making by myself would be uneducated.  ;)

If it matters we are in a family of three in a 2B cabin (fared as a 2C due to The CC category upgrade). Thanks!

I would lock in what best works for you.  I have a B2B2B booked in March and have seen the prices jumping substantially higher in the past week.   Biggest thing I noticed is they have upped the perks and upped the price to cover the "free" cost.

Calculate what is best for you and lock it in.  You will get more points in a CC but not much more IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mom says said:

I'd say your chances are south of 1%. If it's a wash price wise, then why not just pay to add the other 2 perks?.

Thanks for your insight. To clarify, the new price is higher but the increase is almost exactly the price of the added premium drink upgrade, and free gratuities for two. The only thing I’d be getting as a free bonus would be the unlimited internet. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would lock in what best works for you.  I have a B2B2B booked in March and have seen the prices jumping substantially higher in the past week.   Biggest thing I noticed is they have upped the perks and upped the price to cover the "free" cost.

Calculate what is best for you and lock it in.  You will get more points in a CC but not much more IMHO.

The OP is in a 2B priced as a 2 C due to Capt Club 1 category upgrade, if they are able to change it will be to pay more to get the perks, not move to a Concierge  cabin, so no added points .

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice all.  I called in and repriced the cruise, and to my surprise they quoted me an increase that was $60 less than the websites were showing.  My calculations have a margin of error since I'm booking in CAD and the perks are in USD, but it looks like I'm approximately $70 CAD to the good and have a free internet package for two of us, even though I'm paying $850 CAD more up front.  Well worth a 15 min phone call!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't think you will see the 4 perks promo after tomorrow for quite awhile.

Yes, it will be back next week again. From tomorrow, a week with "double discount", and from Thursday next week back to 4 perks for the price of 2.

hero_update.thumb.jpg.6e8e9fd000d36f009381df336aab1bc1.jpg

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/2019_WAVE.html

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Yes, it will be back next week again. From tomorrow, a week with "double discount", and from Thursday next week back to 4 perks for the price of 2.

hero_update.thumb.jpg.6e8e9fd000d36f009381df336aab1bc1.jpg

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/2019_WAVE.html

Thanks for the correction.   I'm waiting for the Double Savings to return tomorrow so I forgot about the following 4 perks included.   I've really appreciated having this info you provided.