Upgrade Budget for JS

vision14k

3 hours ago, vision14k said:

$2000 originally for the Boardwalk Balcony with gratuities prepaid.... 7 nights

Different ship but my in laws paid around 2100 for balcony on adventure and bid/won JS for 325 per person 3 weeks ago.  I agree with bob. No more than around 300. 

7 hours ago, vision14k said:

Out of curiosity, what would you (honestly) pay to upgrade to a Junior Suite on Allure from a Boardwalk Balcony cabin?  

When I book, I book a room that I feel comfortable with, both location and price.  So I never feel a need to change it.  For me, it's just a bed, and a balcony to drink my morning coffee.

• Like 1

I assume you are referring to Royal UP.  If so, note the Royal UP accepted bids to Jr / Full suites will not earn an extra C&A point. 

Points will be based on your original booking category.  However, you will get whatever on board benefits are entitled for the upgraded category.

Edited by Another_Critic

3 hours ago, brevardcruiser said:

Different ship but my in laws paid around 2100 for balcony on adventure and bid/won JS for 325 per person 3 weeks ago.  I agree with bob. No more than around 300. 

JS on Allure is worth more than on Adventure in most cases

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

If you are talking about Royal up and a grand suite is an option I would bid on that instead of the JS

Our current Royal Up is $500 pp to go from OV to JS on Harmony.  Since we are OV, we cant bid on GS and up. 

So @Merion_Mom since my original cost is basically free, is $1000 an acceptable bid

58 minutes ago, vision14k said:

Thanks for the feedback. This actually wasn’t for a Royal Up offer.  The cruise had been sold out and I noticed a JS opened up, was debating upgrading!

(Then you would get the double points)

Are you going to keep us in suspense?  Did you upgrade yourself?  For how much?

😄 

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

(Then you would get the double points)

Are you going to keep us in suspense?  Did you upgrade yourself?  For how much?

😄 

Well, I ended up upgrading.  I rather not say how much I spent because I don’t feel like being bashed for how much I spent.  But I’m content with my decision. Let’s just say it was north of any recommendations made here. Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vision14k said:

Well, I ended up upgrading.  I rather not say how much I spent because I don’t feel like being bashed for how much I spent.  But I’m content with my decision. Let’s just say it was north of any recommendations made here. Lol

Did you upgraded directly with Royal? 
I tried doing that they wanted $1,600 for a JS $2,500 for a GS. Crazy prices right now,  I paid $2,100 for the booking on a Ocean Balcony; maybe that’s why. 

Waiting for the last 60-30 days to call again.

3 hours ago, vision14k said:

Well, good for you!  Enjoy that Junior Suite!  🙂 

20 minutes ago, luisc25 said:

Did you upgraded directly with Royal? 
I tried doing that they wanted $1,600 for a JS $2,500 for a GS. Crazy prices right now,  I paid $2,100 for the booking on a Ocean Balcony; maybe that’s why. 

Waiting for the last 60-30 days to call again.

Yes, I was checking daily and saw that it became available, so called up and switched, paying the difference in price.

And yes, they wanted, and I paid a crazy price... which is how they’re able to ask crazy prices... because of people like me, lol, sorry!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, vision14k said:

Yes, I was checking daily and saw that it became available, so called up and switched, paying the difference in price.

And yes, they wanted, and I paid a crazy price... which is how they’re able to ask crazy prices... because of people like me, lol, sorry!

Thanks for letting me know, I will not get my hopes high then. (I know I should’ve book the suite). 

Edited by luisc25

13 hours ago, vision14k said:

Please don't apologize.  If you are comfortable with what you paid, then that is what counts.  As a poster above said....ENJOY !! 🙂