Search for NRD instead of RD on website

shipster60

I know this has been addressed before, but now I can’t find it. I’m trying to see if my cruise has gone down in price. I currently have it booked with the NRD   The first time I searched it gave me the the NRD prices only and it had gone down $600. I just wanted to double check I had done everything correctly before bothering my TA, but now it will only let me price it in RD mode, which is not lower. Both choices on the screen are RD whether I choose the lowest priced side or the best value side. I even tried using a private browser. How do I see the NRD price again? The website is so frustrating. Can I call Celebrity and ask myself? I know I can’t make the changes, but will they give me the information ? Thanks for any help. 

19 minutes ago, shipster60 said:

I know this has been addressed before, but now I can’t find it. I’m trying to see if my cruise has gone down in price. I currently have it booked with the NRD   The first time I searched it gave me the the NRD prices only and it had gone down $600. I just wanted to double check I had done everything correctly before bothering my TA, but now it will only let me price it in RD mode, which is not lower. Both choices on the screen are RD whether I choose the lowest priced side or the best value side. I even tried using a private browser. How do I see the NRD price again? The website is so frustrating. Can I call Celebrity and ask myself? I know I can’t make the changes, but will they give me the information ? Thanks for any help. 

I would call the TA and let the TA check for you. That's what they get paid to do.

Check again. I just did a ghost booking for your cruise and was able to price the cruise out with RD rate and NRD rate. 

Edited by davekathy

37 minutes ago, shipster60 said:

This is a continuing problem on the X website. If you look below on the first pop up page that asks “how many staterooms do you need?” you will see this disclaimer:. *Ad blockers may change the offer. For the exact offer, see Offer Details.

I had the same problem you are experiencing months ago except the webpage kept showing only the NRD. I had to call X to find out the RD pricing. Unfortunately it seems that is the only workaround.

Edited by C-Dragons

Celebrity IT at it's best.

I was seeing the same thing but found that regardless of selection I get a NRD rate.   There is no option for me to see the Refundable.    I tried both pres elected cabin and select your own and get the NRD rate only

image.png.cb2f571378ee542f334207f50adb0b69.png

If you select the one on the Left you get the NRD rate

image.png.bee0c5d188d354dcf416059709680362.png

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was seeing the same thing but found that regardless of selection I get a NRD rate.   There is no option for me to see the Refundable.    I tried both pres elected cabin and select your own and get the NRD rate only

Yep, and as long as the IT department doesn’t fix the website problems, they’re assured continued employment. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I see both RD and NRD rates. Balcony stateroom with 1 perk , "Lowest Price" (left option) NRD. Balcony stateroom with 3 perks, "Best Price" (right option) RD. 

Yes, the options for both rates will be displayed, but when you select each one, only one pricing option, either NRD or RD, will show.

23 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes, the options for both rates will be displayed, but when you select each one, only one pricing option, either NRD or RD, will show.

I know that. The website should give the option to see both (RD and NRD) no matter the package. But I've never seen it displayed that way.  The OP is in a balcony stateroom but didn't say what bundled perk package they selected. That's why I ran it both ways for a balcony. 

Edited by davekathy

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Same here for the past 2 days while price checking.  After you select the cabin, you can see both options for the non-refundable and refundable very quickly (like 2 seconds) in the background grayed out but it then reverts to the NRD final screen.  

• Like 1

Just now, Want2Cruise 701 said:

Same here for the past 2 days while price checking.  After you select the cabin, you can see both options for the non-refundable and refundable very quickly (like 2 seconds) in the background grayed out but it then reverts to the NRD final screen.  

On the bookings that I'm looking at November 24 on Eclipse in AQ it isn't giving me the choice.   After selection of Room I can see a greyed out screen with the choices of RD and NRD but then opens a screen to pick the perk and no other choices.

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

On the bookings that I'm looking at November 24 on Eclipse in AQ it isn't giving me the choice.   After selection of Room I can see a greyed out screen with the choices of RD and NRD but then opens a screen to pick the perk and no other choices.

Exactly.  I don't feel like calling celebrity to find out the refundable rate just for a price check.

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I know that. The website should give the option to see both (RD and NRD) no matter the package. But I've never seen it displayed that way.  The OP is in a balcony stateroom but didn't say what bundled perk package they selected. That's why I ran it both ways for a balcony. 

My point was, it doesn’t matter. I've had the same problem trying to price Suites, on different cruises. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

19 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've had that happen too.

I'm the OP.  I'm in an Aqua stateroom and I changed my booking to NRD with all 4 perks in the last promo. This morning it was showing a reduced price and adding all 4 perks for no additional cost. They must not have had their last promo completely changed over, or my cookies was saving it, or some other glitch. Because now its will only show RD deposit on the side with the 3 perks. When I first posted her, it was only showing RD on both sides, now it's showing NRD deposit on the left and RD on the right. Every time, it's something different. In the meantime, the price has gone back up again anyway. This thread just shows how frustrating it all is. Oh well, it will be a great cruise no matter what. I'm grateful I'm blessed to be able to cruise at all. Thanks for all your input. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shipster60 said:

Because now its will only show RD deposit on the side with the 3 perks. When I first posted her, it was only showing RD on both sides, now it's showing NRD deposit on the left and RD on the right. Every time, it's something different.

Yep, consistently inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

image.png.bee0c5d188d354dcf416059709680362.png

After you select a stateroom for you see the line of options above the perks? I have had this happen and my experience is that there is a blue hyperlink labeled “your offer” which is one step back but sometimes doesn’t appear as a separate window in the section process. If you see that link it should take you to a screen where you can see the RD and NRD offers.

• Like 1

Ahhhhh maybe that explains it! I have a Chromebook, and how that website won a Silver Award is beyond me. My DMV website runs better! For a gummint site to work better on taxpayer dollars than a massive top-end travel site on its luxurious revenues is a sad turn of events [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, rM3panno said:

After you select a stateroom for you see the line of options above the perks? I have had this happen and my experience is that there is a blue hyperlink labeled “your offer” which is one step back but sometimes doesn’t appear as a separate window in the section process. If you see that link it should take you to a screen where you can see the RD and NRD offers.

Bingo ---

Your the champ.     I had never noticed that before.     I clicked Preferences after Your Offer and it popped up both Refundable and Non-Refundable.

Thanks for bring that to our attention.   You guys at CC really rock.

image.thumb.png.9c00e1a7d1e4bd6a245a53757b750f34.png

• Like 1