What is being done about coronavirus.....

Travelcat2

It has just been reported by several sources (including NBC News) that the virus incubation period can be as high as 23-24 days.  When making determinations about traveling, please keep that in mind and seek out accurate and up to date information.

Edited by SunNFunCruzer

58 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

It has just been reported by several sources (including NBC News) that the virus incubation period can be as high as 23-24 days.  When making determinations about traveling, please keep that in mind and seek out accurate and up to date information.

Just now, glorygaf said:

Well at last we have some news this cruise (March 1) will embark from Manila.

The itinerary is the same virtually except for Manila. Hong Kong visit becomes a sea day.

Regent have offered a 25% FCC but no cancellation offer.

Edited by glorygaf

4 minutes ago, Windrose2 said:

We are booked on Voyager for the March 13 cruise (14 nights) Tokyo to Bangkok.  Needless to say we are very nervous about the virus and the decision of taking this trip.  Anyone else taking this cruise?

Here is a link to your Roll Call https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2571522-seven-seas-voyager-13th-march-2020/page/2/. You'll find people on your cruise there!

• Like 1

glorygaf, where did you hear that we will start in Manila and not Hong Kong?  We still can't get any info here in the UK.  The Regent office here told me yesterday that they're waiting to hear from Head Office in the States.  We are on the March 1st sailing all the way to Bangkok - we think (hope).

I posted this yesterday...

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR UPCOMING CRUISE

Seven Seas Voyager® Departing Feb. 12, 2020

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner,

Below is the modified itinerary for your upcoming Regent Seven Seas Cruises® voyage embarking on February 12, 2020 from Bali, and now ending in Manila, Philippines. Our port operations team has been working to secure ports and berthing arrangements as quickly as possible.

If you booked your air travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises, our air team is already working on changing your return flights from Manila. Once changed, you will receive your new itinerary. If you booked your air separately, please contact your carrier to make the necessary changes.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises will provide a 25% refund of your paid cruise only fare per person as well as a Future Cruise Credit of 25% of your paid cruise only fare per person.  This credit can be used toward any Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyage booked during the next year and sailing within the next two years.  Please advise our Reservations team or your Travel Advisor that there is a credit in your name when you reserve your next Regent voyage.

Your modified itinerary is below:

Date

Day

City

Country

Arr

Dep

12-Feb

Wed

Bali (Benoa)

Indonesia

6:00 PM

13-Feb

Thu

At Sea

At sea

--

--

14-Feb

Fri

Semarang (Java)

Indonesia

7:00 AM

5:00 PM

15-Feb

Sat

At Sea

At sea

--

--

16-Feb

Sun

Singapore

Singapore

9:00 AM

8:00 PM

17-Feb

Mon

At Sea

At sea

--

--

18-Feb

Tue

Ko Samui

Thailand

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

19-Feb

Wed

Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Thailand

20-Feb

Thu

Bangkok (Laem Chabang)

Thailand

3:00 PM

21-Feb

Fri

Sihanoukville

Cambodia

9:00 AM

22-Feb

Sat

At Sea

At sea

--

--

23-Feb

Sun

Ho Chi Minh City

Vietnam

24-Feb

Mon

Ho Chi Minh City

Vietnam

3:00 PM

25-Feb

Tue

Nha Trang

Vietnam

11:00 AM

26-Feb

Wed

Hue/Da Nang (Chan May)

Vietnam

2:00 PM

27-Feb

Thu

Hue/Da Nang (Chan May)

Vietnam

28-Feb

Fri

At Sea

At sea

--

--

29-Feb

Sat

At Sea

At sea

--

--

1-Mar

Sun

Manila

Philippines

The safety, security and well-being of our guests and crew is Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ number one priority. We have proactively implemented several preventative measures due to growing concerns regarding the spread of coronavirus from China. These measures include:

·        Any guest that holds a Chinese, Hong Kong, or Macau passport will be denied boarding on any Regent Seven Seas Cruises ship, regardless of residency.

·        Guests who have traveled from, visited, or transited via airports in China, Hong Kong, or Macau, within 30 days of their voyage embarkation, regardless of nationality, will be denied boarding on any Regent Seven Seas Cruises ship. The standard incubation period recognized by the World Health Organization and United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for coronavirus is 14 days.

Guests who are denied boarding because of the above two criteria will be issued a refund. Please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservation Department to assist with modifying your travel arrangements and/or canceling and refunding your cruise.

We have been closely monitoring the coronavirus situation in China and continue to update appropriate actions as necessary based on the evolving situation. We apologize for the inconvenience for any guests affected by these measures put in place to ensure the safety, security and well-being of all our guests and crew. Thank you for your patience as we manage through this evolving situation. We will continue to consult with The World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and take appropriate additional action as needed.

Thank you for choosing Regent Seven Seas Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

We are on the March 1 Voyager cruise that was supposed to leave from Hong Kong and is now scheduled to leave from Manila.  Unlike the February 12 cruise, we have only been promised a 25% future cruise credit.  Not sure what the difference is between the two cruises.  Does anyone know?

11 hours ago, motone said:

glorygaf, where did you hear that we will start in Manila and not Hong Kong?  We still can't get any info here in the UK.  The Regent office here told me yesterday that they're waiting to hear from Head Office in the States.  We are on the March 1st sailing all the way to Bangkok - we think (hope).

Our advice came from our Agent via Regent.

Your TA should have received an email from Regent, my suggestion would be to contact them.

Although this doesn’t affect the Mariner World Cruise now in Polynesia it might be of interest. 

All cruise ships have just been denied entrance into the Kingdom of Tonga due to CoronaVirus scare.   There were supposed to be 4 ships  Crystal Serenity-WC, Astor, Columbus, and Wind Spirit and all were turned away.

The Serenity is now heading to Fiji where the Mariner will also

stop in about a week. Hopefully Fiji will not follow Tonga’s example. 

J

2 hours ago, JMARINER said:

Although this doesn’t affect the Mariner World Cruise now in Polynesia it might be of interest. 

All cruise ships have just been denied entrance into the Kingdom of Tonga due to CoronaVirus scare.   There were supposed to be 4 ships  Crystal Serenity-WC, Astor, Columbus, and Wind Spirit and all were turned away.

The Serenity is now heading to Fiji where the Mariner will also

stop in about a week. Hopefully Fiji will not follow Tonga’s example. 

J

Diamond Princess just reported an additional 39 cases, bringing the total off that ship in Japan to 174.

Hello glorygaf, many thanks for that; we heard from our TA yesterday that embarkation starts at Manila.  We now have to fly from Heathrow to Manila on what we think Philippines Airlines.  Has anyone flown with them and what are they like?  The itinerary is virtually the same although three stops are pending final confirmation.  

I received a letter re an upcoming Navigator cruise similar to the one pcardad posted above, without any itinerary changes as my cruise's itinerary is not affected. However it has a paragraph, highlighted below, that I didn't see in pcardad's that makes my heart hurt for those whose jobs are lost due to this. Not to mention those whose lives have been lost:

Dear Valued Guest and Travel Partner,

We look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming Regent Seven Seas Cruises© voyage. We would like to provide you with an important update regarding our protocol in response to the growing concerns about coronavirus infections in China.

The safety, security and well-being of our guests and crew is our number one priority. Regent Seven Seas Cruises has proactively implemented several preventative measures outlined below and will continue to consult with The World Health Organization (WHO) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and take appropriate additional action as needed. 

Policies currently in place:

·        Guests who hold a Chinese, Hong Kong or Macau passport, regardless of residency, will not be allowed to board any of our ships on voyages between February 8 and April 8, 2020. Please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservations Department to assist with canceling your cruise if you meet this criterion.

·        Guests who have traveled from, visited or transited via airports in China, Hong Kong or Macau within 30 days of their voyage embarkation, regardless of nationality, will not be allowed to board any of our ships. The standard incubation period recognized by the WHO and US CDC for this virus is 14 days. Please contact your Travel Advisor or Regent Seven Seas Cruises’ Reservations Department to assist with modifying your upcoming travel and/or canceling your cruise if you meet this criterion.

·        For all guests, we will continue standard pre-boarding health reporting and evaluation. Any guests who appear symptomatic are subject to pre-boarding medical evaluations including but not limited to temperature checks as deemed necessary.

·        Any guest who exhibits symptoms of any respiratory illness while on board will be subject to additional screening at our onboard Medical Center and may be subject to potential quarantine and disembarkation.

·        We have implemented additional cleaning and disinfection protocols on board all voyages. These protocols will be enforced in addition to our already rigorous sanitization standards in place.

·        Our crew members who have traveled from, visited or transited via airports in China, including Hong Kong and Macau, within 30 days will not be allowed to board our ships. Crew members with passports from China, Hong Kong or Macau will not be allowed on board our ships.

The above measures will remain in effect until further notice and are subject to change at any time as we evaluate the situation and continue to consult with local health authorities as well as the WHO and US CDC. 

None of our ships are currently calling on ports in mainland China, and we are finalizing itinerary modifications for all upcoming voyages visiting Hong Kong through spring 2020. We also have the flexibility to alter our itineraries as needed to avoid areas of concern. As always, Regent Seven Seas Cruises will closely monitor the situation and take appropriate action as necessary.

We apologize for the inconvenience to any guests affected by these measures put in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all our guests and crew. 

Thank you for choosing Regent Seven Seas Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Our TA forwarded us the same letter this morning, concerning our Miami to Barcelona cruise in April. And yesterday we got a similar letter (with similar restrictions) from Crystal River Cruises, as we are doing a Danube Cruise after the Regent crossing. I’m glad to see the cruise lines being proactive but i sure hope this all gets back to something approaching normal before April. 

Of course nobody knows for sure, but latest reports of new cases are finally showing a good downward trend so hopefully the worst is over. As long as it doesn't all go sideways, which it obviously can, we might finally be approaching some light on the horizon.

We're on the same Miami-Barcelona cruise (hopefully meet?) and not really concerned - but I must admit I did buy cancellation insurance for the first time ever a couple weeks ago.

44 minutes ago, slidebite said:

Of course nobody knows for sure, but latest reports of new cases are finally showing a good downward trend so hopefully the worst is over. As long as it doesn't all go sideways, which it obviously can, we might finally be approaching some light on the horizon.

We're on the same Miami-Barcelona cruise (hopefully meet?) and not really concerned - but I must admit I did buy cancellation insurance for the first time ever a couple weeks ago.

We are not concerned at all at this point in time. I’ve been monitoring the situation but more out of general interest in all things cruising and the impact it has on the various ships and itineraries. It’s mind boggling to think of the logistics involved and how stressful it must be for staff, crew and passengers directly impacted.  Things would have to get a lot more sideways for me to be personally concerned for our sailing and hopefully all the proactive measures all the authorities and cruise lines and airlines are taking now will prevent that. We have cancel-for-any-reason insurance on our whole trip, which continues beyond the Regent cruise. It is expensive and I went through a torturous debate in my head over purchasing, now I’m glad we did. 

slidebite, we will see you at the M & M, if not before then!  Looking forward to a wonderful adventure. 

From what I am reading on this page, Regent passengers need to be patient.  You will hear from Regent.  It appears that they are taking one cruise at a time (I believe they are up to cruises at the beginning of April).  If the first time you are reading a letter from Regent is on this board and you have a TA, your may want to consider using another TA next time.  It makes sense that Regent sends information to our TA's and it their responsibility to send it on to their clients.  Even though the Splendor cruises next month are not going to affected areas, we have still received a letter (through our TA) describing what is going on in terms of how they are taking precautions for their upcoming cruises.  

In terms of the crew, they are not "losing" their jobs. Rather, their vacations have been extended until it is safe for them to travel to embarkation ports.  I was reading about the crew on the quarantined Princess ship and they are being taken care of as well.  

The cruise lines seem to be doing their best considering that this is a difficult situation.  

• Like 1

I am booked to travel on the 1st of March sailing on voyager now leaving from Manila. I live in Australia, we were offered a 25% FCC. Comments on this board have stated that American guests were offered a 100% FCC. I would like to us if anyone can send me a copy from Regent for the 100% FCC that was offered.

21 minutes ago, Birdie66 said:

I am booked to travel on the 1st of March sailing on voyager now leaving from Manila. I live in Australia, we were offered a 25% FCC. Comments on this board have stated that American guests were offered a 100% FCC. I would like to us if anyone can send me a copy from Regent for the 100% FCC that was offered.

I need to say upfront that I'm not trying to pick on you.  Your post just shows what happens when people start posting what they are receiving from Regent.  IF people in the U.S. are receiving more (not saying that they are), there is likely a very good reason.  Are you cancelling the cruise or are you taking it?  This is one thing that could make a difference.  Did you get your information from Regent or from a travel agent (too many travel agents have no idea what is going on as they do not have contact people at Corporate).  I do not have an answer but do know that contracts with Regent are different in the U.K., and other parts of the world (contract differences caused by different consumer laws - not random differences put in place by Regent).

My point is that Regent is taking care of all of their passengers.  It seems that communication from some travel agents is so poor that their clients do not know what is going on.  I typically recommend that people call Regent Corporate directly but, given the enormity of the issue, I hesitate to suggest that Regent should receive even more phone calls while they are trying to reroute passengers, cancel cruises, transfer cruises, etc.  

I posted a short while ago re future cruise credit being offered by Regent on the voyager  1st of March cruise.  My travel agent suggested I try to obtain a copy of the offer to American guests as stated on this board they were offered a 100% FCC I referred this to the Regent office in Australia and they assured me the offer is 25% globally. I would be grateful if anyone could confirm this. The post I refer to was by SSRtown posted on Tuesday I apologise for not being proficient at navigating this forum, it is all new to me.

Edited by Birdie66

19 minutes ago, Birdie66 said:

I posted a short while ago re future cruise credit being offered by Regent on the voyager  1st of March cruise.  My travel agent suggested I try to obtain a copy of the offer to American guests as stated on this board they were offered a 100% FCC I referred this to the Regent office in Australia and they assured me the offer is 25% globally. I would be grateful if anyone could confirm this. The post I refer to was by SSRtown posted on Tuesday I apologise for not being proficient at navigating this forum, it is all new to me.

I am not sure what the exact rules are for Australia, but for American and Canadian guests, if you go on the cruise you get a 25% FCC. If you cancel the March 1 cruise you get a 100% FCC. Hope this helps.

Dave