What is being done about coronavirus.....

Travelcat2

1 minute ago, gec32940 said:

I agree that Regent and FDR will do the right thing and and that everyone needs to wait and see.

but if Pcardad has information as to a generous offer please share.

Exactly, please share best refund offer given. 

I truly hope that people do not start sharing information on offers.  It could create even more issues.  Some passengers (like the people that were told by Regent to transit through HKG and then could not board the ship) received a refund.  There are variables and reasons why some cruise/passengers may seem to get more than others. 

I do recommend going to your TA (IF they regularly book Regent cruises).  These TA's have their own contact people at Corporate and learn what is going on quickly.  Some TA's simply call Customer Service and the information they receive may not be correct or up to date.  

Regent will not randomly give different options to different passengers.  There is a concrete reason for what they do and "doing the right thing" does not mean refunds for everyone (unless something changes drastically).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I agree that the specifics of offers are best not shared.  When the dust settles, I can see people sharing that they were taken care of well (or not.)

And why would that be your thought? I would like to know if I am getting the best being offered for this situation while we still have to time to negotiate?

Just now, Dorl said:

And why would that be your thought? I would like to know if I am getting the best being offered for this situation while we still have to time to negotiate?

Because everyone's situation will be a little different, and people get upset if someone else gets something that appears a bit better.  I have experience getting an offer from Radisson (years ago) that was very generous, for a fairly modest service laps, and I certainly did not share this with others.  

The offer we received was because of a particular situation that was not going to be repeated, so we didn't see any point in sharing.  But you bringing it up at this point is fairly outrageous on your part.
To respond to your actual post, "devastating" to whom?  You, who was working for the company in HR?

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dorl said:

Ok can I just put it out there...has anyone received a full cash refund. Royal Caribbean, Princess, MSC are giving full cash refunds, for those of you who care to disclose.

Kind of a different case -- these are being done for cancelled cruises.  Royal for their Shanghai based cruises.

Check some of the other boards --

Crystal -- moving their port from Hong Kong to Singapore.  Crystal allowing people to cancel for any reason but only giving a FCC for the fare.  That FCC has to be used within a year which has people mad.

Oceania -- same boat as RSSC (of course) -- no news.  First effected cruise is in March.  Again Hong Kong is the culprit.  The web page info reads the same.  They did state in their communications that China ports and Hong Kong ports are cancelled (surprise).  My guess they are waiting/negotiating to see if Taiwan reopens its port at Keelung.  Makes it an easy substitute fro Hong Kong for both O and Regent.  Otherwise likely Singapore.

Edited by PaulMCO

1 hour ago, Dorl said:

Ok can I just put it out there...has anyone received a full cash refund. Royal Caribbean, Princess, MSC are giving full cash refunds, for those of you who care to disclose.

There are people waiting for 3 days so far to board RCL Anthem of the Seas. They won't be boarding until tomorrow, and haven't been offered a full cash refund, or any assistance,  monetary or otherwise,  with  finding a place to stay in New Jersey while they wait. They were told to go to the ship yesterday morning, and after waiting half a day, were told to come back on Monday. All of the passengers on the previous cruise have left, including the large group of Chinese Nationals that boarded with what turned out to be the flu.

I'm sure those on the Princess cruise with over 60 positive corona virus cases so far will be offered something eventually, but a cash refund seems too little compensation for them since Princess let someone onboard that had corona virus, and didn't clean sufficiently after he was removed from the ship before the next cruise began.

For guests who embark on this voyage, Regent Seven Seas Cruises will provide a 25% refund of your paid cruise only fare per person as well as a Future Cruise Credit of 25% of your paid cruise only fare per person.  This credit can be used toward any Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyage booked during the next year and sailing within the next two years.  Please advise our Reservations team or your Travel Advisor that there is a credit in your name when you reserve your next Regent voyage.

OR

100% future cruise credit

and that's it.......................still going on trip ....

1 hour ago, gec32940 said:

For guests who embark on this voyage, Regent Seven Seas Cruises will provide a 25% refund of your paid cruise only fare per person as well as a Future Cruise Credit of 25% of your paid cruise only fare per person.  This credit can be used toward any Regent Seven Seas Cruises voyage booked during the next year and sailing within the next two years.  Please advise our Reservations team or your Travel Advisor that there is a credit in your name when you reserve your next Regent voyage.

OR

100% future cruise credit

and that's it.......................still going on trip ....

My cruise is Europe and fingers crossed all will be well by end of April.  However, can one explain what "cruise only' fare is?  Four our 5/4 cruise considering we just paid last week I doubt our flights are ticketed yet...

16 minutes ago, lesliebe said:

My cruise is Europe and fingers crossed all will be well by end of April.  However, can one explain what "cruise only' fare is?  Four our 5/4 cruise considering we just paid last week I doubt our flights are ticketed yet...

Believe cruise only is the amount your TA's commission is based on and believe but, not sure that value is the total cruise price you pay less air/included hotel and port taxes/fees that are broken out for the TA but, not for the customer.  YMMV

41 minutes ago, lesliebe said:

Since your cruise is less than three months away, Regent has likely ticketed the flights already (not a big deal for you as they will rebook you if necessary).  Also hope that this is resolved by April.  Must say that I found the news about passengers on the Princess ship that is quarantined in Japan to be upsetting.  Going from over 60 passengers affected to over 130 in 24 hours is frightening!

• Like 1

UPDATE! March 1st AND Feb 12th sailings are both now eligible for the cancellation with 100% cruise fare applied as a FCC. No cash refunds. 

I just spoke to a Regent supervisor named Ryan and he gave me his blessing to post this on CC. RSSC folks just exited their meeting with this result and I was called only 5 minutes ago. It'll take some time to relay the news to all TAs, but Ryan said all passengers will be offered this. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lesliebe said:

So if you took the example above and too 100% future cruise credit..you have to pay air fare 2nd time?  Would that mean I could still use my air if I wanted?  loll  to Lisbon home London, not a bad trip!  lol  

Like I said in previous post, believe what I said to be true however cannot be certain as details are known only by the cruise line.  As to being able to use the air that was included in your total fare, really doubt that would be possible as believe in many contracts cruise lines only get the great fares based on being part of the cruise.  Again, YMMV.

14 minutes ago, SSRtown said:

UPDATE! March 1st AND Feb 12th sailings are both now eligible for the cancellation with 100% cruise fare applied as a FCC. No cash refunds. 

Do you know what the time frame is in which the FCC can be applied?

1 minute ago, boblerm said:

Do you know what the time frame is in which the FCC can be applied?

I was told that we must rebook within 1 year and set sail within 2 years, and the time starts ticking the day you elect to cancel this cruise. I am awaiting confirmation from our TA. The prior 25% FCC that was offered last week is NOT additive. You only get that particular offer if you elect to take this cruise. 

1 hour ago, SSRtown said:

I was told that we must rebook within 1 year and set sail within 2 years, and the time starts ticking the day you elect to cancel this cruise. I am awaiting confirmation from our TA. The prior 25% FCC that was offered last week is NOT additive. You only get that particular offer if you elect to take this cruise. 

Seems quite fair, especially the two years.

1 hour ago, SSRtown said:

I just spoke to a Regent supervisor named Ryan and he gave me his blessing to post this on CC. RSSC folks just exited their meeting with this result and I was called only 5 minutes ago. It'll take some time to relay the news to all TAs, but Ryan said all passengers will be offered this. 

What happen to the "WORD" all "INCLUSIVE", thinking you should get back what ever you paid to Regent in credit.  If you don't go your TA isn't going to get a commission.  But the 25%-25% is a nice offer should you go.  
All sounds fair to me.

Edited by ronrick1943
  • Haha 1