Summit OV cabin New England 2020

suec12

Well first of all, is the Summit quite similar to M class ships - for some reason I thought it was from a previous line, like the Zenith that we sailed years ago. Anyways, looking at a New England cruise 2020 - my goodness those sails seem to be booked - no verandahs. So I would appreciate some guidance on picking an OV cabin - I know there are the "stickies" but I find them a bit tedious. Maybe I don't know how to use them. Anyways I'm a bit concerned about noise from ship mechanics or areas above. I'll admit, we've always stayed much higher up so I'd love some encouragement about a lower deck OV cabin, specific numbers appreciated.

Also if I call Celebrity to book, will I get good advice from the agent as to which available cabins would be a good choice? Thanks

Edited by suec12
another question

Look for OV's on the port side, 3115-3127.  They are newly installed staterooms in a private area on the ship.  They have huge O/V windows.  After that, 3112-3144 are also worth looking into.  Large window as they used to be conference rooms.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O

We are booked to sail in OV9001 on the Summit in May repo. Cabin is a great deal larger than the regular OV cabins. 9000 is also the same size. Worth looking at. Excited to try this as have never sailed without a balcony before.

Agree with Wine-O's recommendation. We had a similar situation and wound up taking an OV (3123) instead of our usual Veranda. We were pleasantly surprised.

One thing to consider though is that if you are searching for cabins through the website they may not be showing you available verandas they are holding for 3 passengers. Try doing a mock booking for 3 PAX and see if anything shows up.

BTW the Summit is an M class ship.

Edited by bkbarrym

5 hours ago, suec12 said:

Exactly what I needed - cin cin!

If you are ok with booking an OV you can still monitor the cruise going forward to see if veranda cabins become available, prices drop etc. You may find down the road that you could move into a balcony for little, if any difference. Particularly around final payment date.

6 hours ago, Lindagop said:

We are booked to sail in OV9001 on the Summit in May repo. Cabin is a great deal larger than the regular OV cabins. 9000 is also the same size. Worth looking at. Excited to try this as have never sailed without a balcony before.

We are thinking of this cabin for 2021. Can you please post pictures when you get back?

Laura

I've stay in 3112 and 3142, and 3144. We loved the last 2 cabins as they are right by the back elevator. No one uses this bank of elevators ! Loved the large oversize windows also. We were sailing in late Sept.-Oct and didn't want a balcony which we felt would be wasted in case of cool weather. We guessed correctly......was in the upper 30's in Quebec!

We also like 3142. We sailed in it a few years ago and have it booked on the Constellation for 2021.

Agree with mailmama the last 2 cabins are hidden gems.

The large circular window is 5' at least. By that back elevator is a quiet area of the ship and, if it is still there, there is an extra door separating 3142/44 off from the rest of the corridor.

Cheers, heather 🥂

I've just remembered, years ago there used to be a whole thing going on in the cabins along the main corridor. People would hide things in the room for the next person to find, probably with  contact info, and then leave something in return. There was a thread where they would post about it too. So if you get a cabin along that hallway keep your eyes open.

Edited by middlehaitch

22 hours ago, Lindagop said:

We have stayed in these cabins several times and they are wonderful. I will look to see if I can find some pictures

On 1/28/2020 at 8:39 AM, Wine-O said:

Look for OV's on the port side, 3115-3127.  They are newly installed staterooms in a private area on the ship.  They have huge O/V windows.  After that, 3112-3144 are also worth looking into.  Large window as they used to be conference rooms.  🍷

Excellent recommendation, although I'd avoid 3144--there's some sort of noisy crew area next door.  I stayed in 3142 for my Canada/New England cruise and did not miss having a balcony.  Was off the ship most of the time.  Have not stayed in the new ones on the other side, but have stayed in 3112, 3142, and 3144.

• 1 year later...

We have stayed in 7002, mirror image of 7003.   We saw it on a cabin crawl and decided we would book it for another cruise.  We absolutely loved this cabin.  It has 2 windows,  one with a built in seat, a very large sitting area and lots of room.  It is more like a hotel room than a cabin.  Go for it, you'll love it.