Anyone concern about the Coronavirus and cruising

mouche

2 minutes ago, bluefin67 said:

Not hardly, I honestly dont think the virus fares too well in 100 degree heat and unless you have underlying health problems you're at almost no risk.  

Can you please post a link to your research on this.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skridge said:

Can you please post a link to your research on this.  

I believe bluefin was just stating his opinion, with no basis in fact. Just a shared belief by some that flu viruses subside in hot weather and return during the colder seasons.  Again, no basis in fact, but just an opinion.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I stand corrected, with pleasure! Basis in fact substantiated! Thank you bluefin for the links. 👍

53 minutes ago, bluefin67 said:

I am really not trying to rain on your parade, but not every area of the ship get direct sunlight.   

11 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I stand corrected, with pleasure! Basis in fact substantiated! Thank you bluefin for the links. 👍

Joe817, shots of tequila will get the remaining germs 😂

11 minutes ago, skridge said:

I am really not trying to rain on your parade, but not every area of the ship get direct sunlight.   

Skridge, no problem.  I just believe that late in the summer people will have been exposed to enough sunlight and everytime they expell the virus into the environment it will die quickly.  If the virus is in your body it will be destroyed by your own antibodies and you will no longer spread it or be able to get it.  The virus can't live without a host. 

Edited by bluefin67

19 minutes ago, bluefin67 said:

Skridge, no problem.  I just believe that late in the summer people will have been exposed to enough sunlight and everytime they expell the virus into the environment it will die quickly.  If the virus is in your body it will be destroyed by your own antibodies and you will no longer spread it or be able to get it.  The virus can't live without a host. 

I would like to see a doctor that knows how viruses work analyze your theory.  I thin there are a lot of holes in it.  I hope you are right though.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bluefin67 said:

I hate to burst your bubble but Brazil is not having a good few weeks, they got a lot of sunshine and it is hot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefin67 said:

Things are doing very well in the carefree world of the US, "It'll go way. Just stay calm. It'll go away"  "One day it's like a miracle. It will disappear."

US death.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chipmaster said:

Things are doing very well in the carefree world of the US, "It'll go way. Just stay calm. It'll go away"  "One day it's like a miracle. It will disappear."

US death.JPG

Chipmaster, You don't have to go.  

6 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Some hospitals are now using UV robots to kill corona virus and disinfect their facilities. Initial results look promising.

More good news! 👍  I don't think I can take much more of this. 👍

22 hours ago, bluefin67 said:

Huh? I don't think anyone has suggested that sunlight is a treatment if you have Corona. I believe they are describing how well the virus survives outside the human body. So, you cough on a lounge chair, in direct sunlight, the virus will be de-activated quickly. You cough on elevator inside the ship, there's no heat or sunlight that would make it any less contagious. Yes, either eventually your body will kill the virus or it will kill you, but in the meantime, you can still spread it to a whole host of people. A virus always ends up either dying or kill it's host, what makes it successful evolutionarily is it's ability to spread far and wide before it does that. And this one has done that well with up to two weeks of being contagious before you know you are sick and then being sick for another 2-3 weeks. 

Just to throw it out there, the virus survives well in the human body which is approx 99 degrees. So, Just saying "heat kills it" doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm curious what parameters the study used to come up with that finding. 

Edited by sanger727
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I canceled my 10/31/2020 cruise and rebooked on  the Horizon for 5/1/2021I wasn't too concerned about cruising but I did not want to deal with all the restrictions the CDC is putting  on cruise lines- social distancing. maybe wearing masks( which is BS)and all the other crap.  

1 hour ago, sanger727 said:

Huh? I don't think anyone has suggested that sunlight is a treatment if you have Corona. I believe they are describing how well the virus survives outside the human body. So, you cough on a lounge chair, in direct sunlight, the virus will be de-activated quickly. You cough on elevator inside the ship, there's no heat or sunlight that would make it any less contagious. Yes, either eventually your body will kill the virus or it will kill you, but in the meantime, you can still spread it to a whole host of people. A virus always ends up either dying or kill it's host, what makes it successful evolutionarily is it's ability to spread far and wide before it does that. And this one has done that well with up to two weeks of being contagious before you know you are sick and then being sick for another 2-3 weeks. 

Just to throw it out there, the virus survives well in the human body which is approx 99 degrees. So, Just saying "heat kills it" doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I'm curious what parameters the study used to come up with that finding. 

Don’t go on a cruise.  Simple as that.  There are many things about this virus, both known and unknown.  Ultraviolet radiation from the sun kills this virus.  Who knows how many people have antibodies for it already.  The question was “are you worried about covid 19”.  I’m not.  You be worried or what ever you want.  I didn’t get on cruise message board to have a virology class.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, coevan said:

really not sure the CDC has any control once the ship is 8 miles off shore. 

Yes that is probably but the cruise ship has to return to a US port. So if the cruise line doesn't follow their guidelines the ship doesn't dock.

18 minutes ago, bluefin67 said:

Don’t go on a cruise.  Simple as that.  There are many things about this virus, both known and unknown.  Ultraviolet radiation from the sun kills this virus.  Who knows how many people have antibodies for it already.  The question was “are you worried about covid 19”.  I’m not.  You be worried or what ever you want.  I didn’t get on cruise message board to have a virology class.  

The UV from sunlight is not sufficient to kill the virus, but you might be able to generate skin cancer.

“Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25C degrees DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus disease. You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19.” (25 degrees Celsius equals 77 degrees Fahrenheit.)

24 minutes ago, bluefin67 said:

you are the one that brought up the fact that sun and heat kill the virus therefore by summer everyone should be immune?? Yes, we actually do have an idea of how many people have antibodies. In different studies I’ve read between 5-7% of the population. In other words, not a whole lot. 

you are right, I am not going to cruise. But people who hold irrational beliefs are why everything is shut down. The shut down did not occur in Sweden because they decided to trust their citizens to understand that social distancing was for the greater good and participate voluntarily. Obviously that’s not a thing in the US.

6 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Some hospitals are now using UV robots to kill corona virus and disinfect their facilities. Initial results look promising.

Maybe I can open up and say ah... and I will be cured!