PCC's??

CruisingAndDiving

I keep hearing good stories about people working with PCC's with success, so i decided to try that for a cruise I want to book under the 3 Day Sale, mainly because I have to call someone anyway to use my FCD's

So, yesterday, I went onto the HAL website and requested a call from a PCC.  Got a confirmation form email stating my request was received.

It's now been 24 hours and no phone call.

Can anyone advise if this is ordinary, out of the ordinary?  Should I just phone the general reservations number and complete my booking that way?

Thanks

No idea if it's ordinary or not.  The PCC office phone number is 800-355-3017.  You could try calling them.  Not sure if you need a specific extension, though. I don't think I can give you my PCC's extension.

Failing that, I would call the general reservation number to complete the booking so you get the 3 day sale benefits.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

I keep hearing good stories about people working with PCC's with success, so i decided to try that for a cruise I want to book under the 3 Day Sale, mainly because I have to call someone anyway to use my FCD's

So, yesterday, I went onto the HAL website and requested a call from a PCC.  Got a confirmation form email stating my request was received.

Can anyone advise if this is ordinary, out of the ordinary?  Should I just phone the general reservations number and complete my booking that way?

Thanks

My experience is that they are VERY slow to respond.  I just go ahead and book my own cruises.  They are also very slow to respond to issues.  However, they regularly send out email blasts to try and get you to book another cruise.  JMHO

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

I think you can call the general res number and request to speak to a PCC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Thanks folks,

I'll just go ahead and deal with general reservations.

Probably for the best anyway as there isn't anything special a PCC or a TA can do (i.e. special offer) that I can't do myself

You still should ask to be assigned one.  I like having a direct number and email for them.  I often do things (like check out new promotions, change my cabin assignment, etc. via email in a matter of minutes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VTcruisenut said:

My experience is that they are VERY slow to respond.  I just go ahead and book my own cruises.  They are also very slow to respond to issues.  However, they regularly send out email blasts to try and get you to book another cruise.  JMHO

My PCC responds within minutes, they aren't all slow.

• Like 3

The PCC is like any other position. Some are very good, some are good and others don't last long. Also, a PCC that is good for you might have a conflict with someone else.

That said, my PCC responds quickly and accurately and it is nice to talk to the same person each time I call HAL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Thanks

Interesting, I thought it was just me. My first time going on a HAL cruise. I made my own reservations but I have a few questions and I wanted to add excursions. Let us know when they actually call you. 

22 minutes ago, cruiselife8 said:

Interesting, I thought it was just me. My first time going on a HAL cruise. I made my own reservations but I have a few questions and I wanted to add excursions. Let us know when they actually call you. 

Did you know that you can book your excursions online?  Just log into your account and follow the prompts.

Alrighty, so finally was able to get some time to phone general reservations, and got connected with a very helpful agent by the name of Moirana.

Long and short of it....I got my booking done with all the appropriate OBC in place for our 10 day cruise on the Eurodam in December.

She did say that PCC is undergoing some sort of reorganization which has apparently impacted their calling people back.  Not sure exactly what as she didn't elaborate.  But at this point I've still not received a call from a PCC 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

Alrighty, so finally was able to get some time to phone general reservations, and got connected with a very helpful agent by the name of Moirana.

Long and short of it....I got my booking done with all the appropriate OBC in place for our 10 day cruise on the Eurodam in December.

She did say that PCC is undergoing some sort of reorganization which has apparently impacted their calling people back.  Not sure exactly what as she didn't elaborate.  But at this point I've still not received a call from a PCC 

I wonder if the changes to the reservation transferring protocol (60 days from booking) is having an impact on the PCCs.

I'm having the same issue with lack of response.  My PCC was less than responsive and I have called several times (and emailed once) to ask to be assigned to a new PCC.  No response yet, but maybe the reorganization is at the root of that.

Many times I book my cruise via the normal ressie number and have it applied to my PCC then. She will email saying she saw my booking and something to the effect of she is happy to help us again with anything we need. She then takes care of all the details and anything I need help with later. What I most often use our PCC for is fare comparison/refaring, research, odd questions (she is a patient soul), and anything kind of out of the ordinary. She goes to bat for us when refaring and seeing what can be done to maintain promos benefit and obc or 3rd person fare specials. We have worked with her for almost 10 years (she has been a PCC for 11) and really like her.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WScruiser said:

I'm having the same issue with lack of response.  My PCC was less than responsive and I have called several times (and emailed once) to ask to be assigned to a new PCC.  No response yet, but maybe the reorganization is at the root of that.

Yikes...hopefully things get organized for you guys quickly!

Want to join us this coming December on Eurodam?

Edited by CruisingAndDiving

17 minutes ago, fatcat04 said:

Many times I book my cruise via the normal ressie number and have it applied to my PCC then. She will email saying she saw my booking and something to the effect of she is happy to help us again with anything we need. She then takes care of all the details and anything I need help with later. What I most often use our PCC for is fare comparison/refaring, research, odd questions (she is a patient soul), and anything kind of out of the ordinary. She goes to bat for us when refaring and seeing what can be done to maintain promos benefit and obc or 3rd person fare specials. We have worked with her for almost 10 years (she has been a PCC for 11) and really like her.

We don't have a PCC yet...which may be part of the issue...that's why I requested to be contacted by one.  I'll have to see what happens if I actually get a phone call 

It must be noted that the PCCs work from home and not from HAL Headquarters.  The breakdown in communications may not be the fault of individual PCCs.

I have had my HAL PCC for nearly 12 years and she is amazing.  Her every response, if not immediate, is always within 24 hours.  The insight she provides on upcoming sales/promotions, flash notices of upsales, and experienced advice is invaluable.  Unfortuanately, we cannot place referrals here on CC.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, richwmn said:

The PCC is like any other position. Some are very good, some are good and others don't last long. Also, a PCC that is good for you might have a conflict with someone else.

That said, my PCC responds quickly and accurately and it is nice to talk to the same person each time I call HAL.

Exactly 🙂. Well said.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 5:03 PM, CruisingAndDiving said:

Yikes...hopefully things get organized for you guys quickly!

Want to join us this coming December on Eurodam?

Would love to, but I don't know what this year will bring.  We haven't made any decisions yet about a cruise this year because we have a couple of big family events (significant birthday, wedding etc) and they are taking up a lot of my vacation time.  I will keep my eye on the pricing - which Eurodam cruise are you doing?

1 hour ago, WScruiser said:

Would love to, but I don't know what this year will bring.  We haven't made any decisions yet about a cruise this year because we have a couple of big family events (significant birthday, wedding etc) and they are taking up a lot of my vacation time.  I will keep my eye on the pricing - which Eurodam cruise are you doing?

I totally understand the family aspect!  

We're on the Eurodam December 9, 2020 for the 10 day Southern Caribbean Wayfarer

On 1/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, CruisingAndDiving said:

Thanks

I technically have a PCC, though I left message which is usual for her, she never seems to be able to answer, she called back hours later which by then I was out.  She didn't call back, and we booked through big box store. I would call and ask to speak to booking agent directly. Good luck 

4 hours ago, Bridies mom said:

I technically have a PCC, though I left message which is usual for her, she never seems to be able to answer, she called back hours later which by then I was out.  She didn't call back, and we booked through big box store. I would call and ask to speak to booking agent directly. Good luck 

Thanks!  

I did book through general reservations so I could make sure I got all the OBC .

Update...its been 6 days since putting in a request for a PCC to call me...still no call or email.  Good thing I didn't wait to book!

Edited by CruisingAndDiving
Clean up grammar