Main Dining Time Options

Cnote74

We have a party of 8 (3 cabins) and as of now we chose the anytime dining. We have two kids (8,4) with us.

i initially chose this option with the thought process of having flexibility to go when it fits with are schedule and not be tied to a given time slot. We definitely wouldn’t want the late dining option.

with us having a large group would it makes sense to change this to the early dining option? 

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, Cnote74 said:

We have a party of 8 (3 cabins) and as of now we chose the anytime dining. We have two kids (8,4) with us.

i initially chose this option with the thought process of having flexibility to go when it fits with are schedule and not be tied to a given time slot. We definitely wouldn’t want the late dining option.

with us having a large group would it makes sense to change this to the early dining option? 

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

No, it does not make sense to do that, it makes sense for you to keep your SD and reserve ASAP, the times you want.

This does give you the option and flexibility while aboard to change the time as you deem necessary.

bon appetit and bon voyage

I totally agree with the prior posters.  Keepanytime dining for your group.  Your initial choice was well informed.

But with the two kiddos, depending on your plans on port calls,  you may want to consider the OVC on a couple of nights.  During the past several years Celebrity has clearly improved their evening options at the OVC with such offerings as cooked to order beef, pork and chicken.  Depending on your port schedule, if the kiddos are tired, this will be an excellent option.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cnote74 said:

Appreciate the feedback!

im going through my planner and see celebrity select dining. Is this the same as anytime dining?

excuse my ignorance however what is OVC?

Yes, select is the same as anytime.

OVC= Ocean View Cafe = the buffet

Since the first time we tried anytime or select dinning on a cruise, we have never gone back to traditional seating times. This has worked with both groups and just my DW and I. Our perfect dinning time for us is 6:30 to 7:00 so anytime works perfect. We have never had to wait on any cruise more than 10 minutes for a table. On our Alaska cruise last July every night we walked right into the MDR and were seated between 6:30 and 7:00 and the ship was sold out. We never make reservations for dinner because we are never sure when we will get back to the ship and will be ready to eat. We usually come back from shore excursions and like to unwind with a happy hour drink before going into the MDR for dinner so set seating times do not work for us.

Edited by terrydtx

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Since the first time we tried anytime or select dinning on a cruise, we have never gone back to traditional seating times. This has worked with both groups and just my DW and I. Our perfect dinning time for us is 6:30 to 7:00 so anytime works perfect. We have never had to wait on any cruise more than 10 minutes for a table. On our Alaska cruise last July every night we walked right into the MDR and were seated between 6:30 and 7:00 and the ship was sold out.

Did you have to make a reservation at any point for a given day When you wanted to eat or literally you just walk up and ask to be served?

Edited by Cnote74

1 minute ago, Cnote74 said:

Did you have to make a reservation at any point for a given day When you wanted to eat or literally you just walk up and ask to be served?

We have never made a reservation for anytime dinning on any cruise to have the flexibility to eat when we are ready.

The only issue is getting 8 of you to get organized with a single time to dine each day. We usually go with traditional dining and it works out.....for us. Sometimes we’ll not have dessert and take in the early show. With Anytime dining, it seems the large number of people are all looking for the same time slots, and that seems to be the big issue of complaints. And there’s always a line of people who didn’t call or set a time for dining, but if you call prior, it usually works out fine. 

Den