First timer on Regent

chelseabelsea

Hello all,

my husband and I have many cruises with Oceania, Silverseas, other lines...looking forward to our first Regent cruise this fall. Quick question...for in-suite usage, may we request in advance to have bourbon and vodka awaiting our arrival? How might one go about doing so?

many thanks for your kind assistance!

You will meet your room steward/butler shortly after getting into your suite. Just mention it then unless you are desperate to have it as soon as you get to your suite. You will have a bottle of bubbly waiting for you either way in your suite when you first enter.

It is very easy to call Regent Guest Services a couple months before you sail.  In addition to the liquors you request, you may also request which mixers and other beverages you would like.  It should be there when you get to your room for a bon voyage toast.

Butler suites (PH and above) will have an online request form you can fill out.  Otherwise you can request in advance, or as others have said just request a bottle from your steward when you embark.

Personally we don't usually have booze in the room; we like to find a lounge for a drink.  But that's just us.  Come to think of it, though, a bottle of Woodford wouldn't be a bad thing to have around...    😋 🥃

55 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Butler suites (PH and above) will have an online request form you can fill out.  Otherwise you can request in advance, or as others have said just request a bottle from your steward when you embark.

Personally we don't usually have booze in the room; we like to find a lounge for a drink.  But that's just us.  Come to think of it, though, a bottle of Woodford wouldn't be a bad thing to have around...    😋 🥃

We asked for a bottle of Woodford last November on Explorer....found out it was no longer on the "complimentary on-site beverage list". We will board Splendor on Thursday.....apparently some of the new signature cocktails are made with Woodford so we shall see!

1 hour ago, Kwaj girl said:

We asked for a bottle of Woodford last November on Explorer....found out it was no longer on the "complimentary on-site beverage list". We will board Splendor on Thursday.....apparently some of the new signature cocktails are made with Woodford so we shall see!

Is there a list that is published?  Woodford is a lower to mid range whiskey.  I wonder what types of whisk(e)ys they are offering.

15 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

Is there a list that is published?  Woodford is a lower to mid range whiskey.  I wonder what types of whisk(e)ys they are offering.

I do not know if there is a list, but on our last cruise my husband requested and received a bottle of Laphroaig 10.  I think that if they serve it in the bars it is available for your suite

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EAGLESLOVER said:

I do not know if there is a list, but on our last cruise my husband requested and received a bottle of Laphroaig 10.  I think that if they serve it in the bars it is available for your suite

Laphroaig 10 would certainly keep me content sitting in my cabin.  🙂

33 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

Pretty sure Makers is the go-to in the bars.  But I think I saw Woodford in the lounges, you need to specify.  Maybe someone on board can post a pic of the offerings...but I've been on board before where they had some unlisted single malts, which is kind of nice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Pretty sure Makers is the go-to in the bars.  But I think I saw Woodford in the lounges, you need to specify.  Maybe someone on board can post a pic of the offerings...but I've been on board before where they had some unlisted single malts, which is kind of nice.

It would be nice to see a list.  But our cruise is a year away, so I have plenty of time.  I understand if they don't offer Pappy's or JW Blue.  But Makers, Woodford, etc.  are all sub $40 if not sub $30.  I think I can pick up Laphroaig 10 for $29.95.

Just now, amunhbuu said:

It would be nice to see a list.  But our cruise is a year away, so I have plenty of time.  I understand if they don't offer Pappy's or JW Blue.  But Makers, Woodford, etc.  are all sub $40 if not sub $30.  I think I can pick up Laphroaig 10 for $29.95.

Well, I'll tell you up front you're not going to see $100+ whiskey being poured without a surcharge.  But on the plus side, Regent doesn't care if you bring a bottle or two on board, so if you need to have that Lagavulin 21 with ya, they won't mind if you bring a bottle with you.

18 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Well, I'll tell you up front you're not going to see $100+ whiskey being poured without a surcharge.  But on the plus side, Regent doesn't care if you bring a bottle or two on board, so if you need to have that Lagavulin 21 with ya, they won't mind if you bring a bottle with you.

Yep!  That is why I was surprised about the Woodford comment since it is < $30.

There is (or at least used to be) a printed list of brands available for the cabin, and it was pretty limited.  I’d always ask for a brand I know to be available in the bars as an included pour, like Glenmorangie. Once or twice the steward said we could only get what was listed. The rest of the time, the bottle requested appeared later that day.  Never could figure out what was up with the no’s.   

I found a couple of travel agent's sites with some menus.  The above lines up with those lists.  I just find it odd that a luxury cruise line offers moderate brands.  Oh well, as I said before, that will certainly keep me satisfied.

And my cruise will be in Tahiti, not the Caribbean, so the drinking will be less of a factor.

On 2/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, EAGLESLOVER said:

Actually dear I did not receive the Laphroaig I requested because they do not have it on board.  I wound up getting the Glenmorangie

30 minutes ago, sms101 said:

Actually dear I did not receive the Laphroaig I requested because they do not have it on board.  I wound up getting the Glenmorangie

Pretty sure it's on the list that I saw recently

Will see on 2/25 if you get what you requested for this cruise

On 2/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, sierrafloridacruiser said:

The bourbons listed on the online request for butler service for the cabin are:

Jack Daniel’s Jack Daniel’s Rye Jack Daniel’s Honey Jim Beam
Maker’s Mark

Not a burbon, but I've have requested and received Canadian Whisky. Last time I asked I was given a 40 of Canadian Club! What a waste - I think I only had about 4 drinks out of it. A small bottle/micky would have been perfect for cabin use. Oh well!

7 hours ago, sms101 said:

And on the subject of Single Malts....I was very surprised to discover on our October Navigator cruise (and I also noticed in Mr. Rumor's bar pictures on Splendor)  that Regent no longer seems to stock Glenlivet anywhere on the ship (unless this was a one-time aberration).  I had asked for a bottle of it to be provided in my suite prior to arrival and instead, there was a 1L bottle of Glenmorangie  waiting for me instead.  Certainly not a "negative issue" for me?  Just a bit surprising.  And believe me, we did not leave any "un-drunk" or partial bottles of amaretto, champagne, or Glenmorangie "behind" when we disembarked.  It was all tightly corked, "bubble wrapped", and safely transported back to Arizona in our checked bags.  😊  "Happy Campers", were we!   

• Like 1

On 2/12/2020 at 12:14 PM, sms101 said:

I only recall seeing Laphroaig on one cruise - the bartender told me that the previous cruise had a lot of Spaniards on board and Laphroaig was very popular with them, so they had a couple of bottles left over.  Lucky me!  Of course, it was gone before the cruise was over.  Unlucky me!

On 2/13/2020 at 2:23 PM, wishIweretravelling said:

The Glenlivet seems to come and go. Same with the Macallan. Glenmorangie seems to be a constant, though the casks and years may change. There's usually a smoky one as well in the included list. 

Funny - I've found Macallan to be a constant - I don't think I've ever not seen it on board.  Matter of fact I think I still have a 1L bottle of the Select Oak that 'accidentally' fell into my suitcase while I was packing to come home...