Oasis..Suite or no?? HELP!

37 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

For the shows..do they actually save you seats with those chair back covers or is it just a section with pinnacle, key etc? I know Star gets reserved front row but does Sky also?

Just to clarify, the reserved seats with the chair back covers are just Star Class seats reserved by their genie and they're where ever those passengers want to sit. Pinnacles and suites are usually in the center balcony area. I'm not sure where the Key reserved seating is.

Edited by Big_G
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

Hello!

I am booking a room tonight on Oasis and am VERY torn if I should pay the $$ and get a Suite. It would be Sky Class..would be going from a Ultra spacious Balcony to a 2 bedroom Grande Suite on 12th floor. 

Is Suite worth the extra $2000? 

Almost forgot...with two kids, I'd definitely do it,

We did a owners suite 14 months ago on oasis. Love the suite perks for the shows also huge suite and balcony. Was not impressed with CK after two dinners we did specialty restaurants for dinner but CK for breakfast and lunch. 

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We did a owners suite 14 months ago on oasis. Love the suite perks for the shows also huge suite and balcony. Was not impressed with CK after two dinners we did specialty restaurants for dinner but CK for breakfast and lunch. 

You were Sky class? Did your concierge reserve you seats at the shows? 

1 minute ago, Blondiemomm said:

You were Sky class? Did your concierge reserve you seats at the shows? 

It’s just a section set aside for Sky class and Pinnacle guests.  No specific reservations until you are Star class. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

?? I can't afford it? Im asking if its worth the added cost..If I couldn't afford it I would be booking it...

Ohhhh, that darn autocorrect changed my word from can to can’t!  I was not trying to troll you.   It sounds like you CAN afford it.  Value wise, I think it is a good deal for 4 of you.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, George C said:

We liked first night dinner not second 

To the OP, keep in mind that YMMV and there will always be misses, even in the specialty restaurants.  We saw fewer of these in CK on the Symphony but they did happen. 

• Like 1

We always do suites now - we started in a Grand Suite and have recently been in Owner's Suites. We are sailing in our first Royal Star Class - Star Loft on Oasis in January. We have two children as well - 16 and 19. The value of special seating (the sky class has a sectioned off area) is so worth it - not having to get to the shows so early (I think they release seats to anyone in those areas a few minutes before the show though). This will be our first Oasis class - we have sailed in Radiance or Freedom class prior to this in suites so have not had the Coastal Kitchen before. I have heard good things.

Another bonus that we love is the suite deck. We like not having to find chairs when up by the pool. The suite deck on the Oasis overlooks the Solarium - I think a perfect spot for it.

We have always liked the separate boarding area, the help of the concierge when needed (once my husband forgot his dress shoes for formal night...called the concierge and in minutes a pair appeared at our door). The other great bonus is the priority embarking and debarking at ports. You are basically walked on and off the ship by the concierge. My daughter and I sometimes feel guilty...we keep saying, "No eye contact. No eye contact." as we are walking past people who have been waiting in line.🙄

Edited by Sun and Fun
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

The way I look at it is ... if the cabin / suite is bigger than my bedroom / living room / bathroom at home, I'd rather take the money saved and expand my home accommodations for the other 46 or so weeks of the year.  🙂

if i took my cruise money , my shower stall would have been done years ago. as it stands its been apart for over 5 years. 

priorities!  

i can just turn it into a closet when i sell the house. easy peasy

• Haha 1

I love Sky class on Oasis class.  I think CK is awesome.  The concierges are very helpful.  It is nice cue to be able to change show times without worrying about reservations.  The suite lounge is a lovely and peaceful spot and the suite sun deck is very nice.  I think it’s well worth it.  Embarkation and debarkation are remarkably easy as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sorcerer Tim said:

Star is great, but they have raised the prices to beyond the value for me. We do enjoy the Crown Lofts and are debating one vs. a Sky Suite on the Celebrity Edge in the next couple of months. You will really enjoy the CL.

We did 7 suites on rccl and recently tried celebrity suites , celebrity perks are way better, much better suite restaurant and all there ships have suite restaurants not just a few. Also suite lounge is open all day for drinks not for a few hours and nice selection of scotch and better wines.

11 minutes ago, George C said:

We did 7 suites on rccl and recently tried celebrity suites , celebrity perks are way better, much better suite restaurant and all there ships have suite restaurants not just a few. Also suite lounge is open all day for drinks not for a few hours and nice selection of scotch and better wines.

Really? How did you find the ship for kids? I stick with RC because of the kids club...

11 minutes ago, Sorcerer Tim said:

Thanks George. I appreciate the info. Have you tried one on the Edge?

Have not done Edge yet, just did msc seaside yacht club which has some similar features like private pool and hot tubs at about half cost of edge.

9 minutes ago, Blondiemomm said:

Really? How did you find the ship for kids? I stick with RC because of the kids club...

we do not have children, but you cannot compare oasis entertainment for children and adults with celebrity, oasis is far superior. We love rccl entertainment, we have been doing music charters with really big name groups on celebrity they are also adults only and almost entirely non smoking except some outside areas 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, George C said:

they are not booking 2022 yet...

4 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Personally, it is worth $2,000 to me, especially since there are four of you.  For us when in Sky class, we don't need to buy a drink package or purchase the full specialty dining package.  In addition, doesn't it come with Internet?  At $500 pp, I would do it. 

why don't you need the drinkpkg?