How many cruises?

fla gang

I cruised a lot last year. Not even going to say how many as some of you may think I am a true "Cruise Addict".  I only booked 6 this year but most of them are 12 night cruises with one 7 night coming up in a few days on the Liberty!  My husband keeps saying, let's get some land vacations in and so he won!     

Pinnacle Push - the phenomenon that causes you to book a ridiculous amount of cruises in order to make Pinnacle. Often caused by the belief that the program might change in the near future. You often catch it when you pass the 525 point mark.😉

Our was in 2017🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Before 2016 it was 1-2-3 (mostly 2)

Since then we had 5 a year.

Last year it was 6

March-April  NCL Gem from Boston to Southern Caribbeans  - 14 days

Memorial Day RCI Adventure of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ to New England/Canada - 6 days

Labor Day - Celebrity Summit out of Bayonne to Bermuda - 7 days

Thanksgiving - RCI Anthem of the Seas out of Bayonne to Florida/Bahamas - 7 days

Christmas - RCI Explorer of the Seas out of Miami to Caribbeans - 5 days

New Year - Crown Princess out of Fort Lauderdale to Southern Caribbeans - 10 days.

This year so far we have Grandeur (Southern Caribbeans out of Baltimore) 12 days and Empress (Bermuda out of NJ) 7 days booked, there will be several more (Anthem 8, Oasis 7, Summit 7?) I think we will make Diamond+ in the next year or so.

We do some random HAL, Cunard, MSC.

Dropped Carnival for good after 3 crusies.  MSC is also less likely although we had 2 good experiences.

Edited by Tatka

2 hours ago, Colorado Babe said:

My husband keeps saying, let's get some land vacations in and so he won!     

I got my husband soooo addicted to cruising that in 16 years I was able to get him to travel to Canyons country (AZ,UT, NV, CO) once and several times to Germany while our son was serving in Bavaria. The rest are all cruises. Lately majority are with Royal too. 🙂

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, mek said:

One year we took 5 in a 12 month period - while it was fun, never again - seemed like all I did was pack and unpack.

I have a spare room where my luggage are placed. I wash clothes and put them back there (especially during colder season). I might add something new or remove something unnecessary, but no special packing time. 🙂

DH packs his bag.

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

I have a spare room where my luggage are placed. I wash clothes and put them back there (especially during colder season). I might add something new or remove something unnecessary, but no special packing time. 🙂

DH packs his bag.

I wish I had that option but our bedroom is on the first floor and the rest are on the second.  Too much trouble to drag suitcases and clothes up and down the stairs, so I just use my dining room as a staging area. Someday maybe we'll downsize and have everything on one level.

• Like 2

The main reason why I cruised so much last year was because the weather in Colorado was driving me nuts.  I also wanted to make pinnacle but was way below 525 points. I had several friends who wanted to cruise and was able to stay in GS and OS for very little $$$.  It was a win-win situation.  why not? 

My lovely wife went a bit overboard this year I fear. We are doing 5 TA's this year and 10 total cruises. We never use a travel agent so we get excellent prices. Nothing wrong with B2B or B2B2B....we just never cruise in the summer....and I agree with the one that recommended Halloween cruises.

Doug

• Like 1