Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

WrittenOnYourHeart

21 minutes ago, sonnycruises said:

Couldn't agree more on lack of shade on Edge particularly on the Retreat Sundeck. We blamed Hoppen for that too along with the other non functional design and FURNITURE issues.

I was not complaining. I was saying others have on these boards. Miraculously until now the Edge haters have left this thread alone.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Edge and cannot wait to sail on her twin!! I have also sat in most every type of chair that I have seen - including those removed from the IVs - and have not had issues with any of them. I’m clearly not as picky as some people are about these things. (Then again, I have never been “violated” by a cruise ship shower curtain either. Maybe ships and different things just agree with me.)

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just as a quick note before hopping in the shower to get ready for dinner in Eden, another frequent complaint I have seen is about the Bridge's ability to lock the IVs. 

While yes, they do have the ability to do so, the only times they have been locked have been once per side for cleaning. And it was announced in the dailies - you don't read the dailies, that is on you. They have not been locked due to wind or other weather, and frankly I'm surprised I've got mine open right now. Overall our weather has been great, but today is grey and windy and rocky - I've got spray on the windows and have seen the occasional blast of spray over the end of the launch boat outside my window. But they have not locked it. 

So it seems to be primarily for cleaning WITH NOTICE in the dailies and the weather necessitated closing would have to be extreme. They are clearly not up in the Bridge playing "Let's lock them in" or other games.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I was not complaining. I was saying others have on these boards. Miraculously until now the Edge haters have left this thread alone.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Edge and cannot wait to sail on her twin!! I have also sat in most every type of chair that I have seen - including those removed from the IVs - and have not had issues with any of them. I’m clearly not as picky as some people are about these things. (Then again, I have never been “violated” by a cruise ship shower curtain either. Maybe ships and different things just agree with me.)

Actually, after 20+ Celebrity Cruises, Edge was our  (my wife and I) favorite X cruise ship. I was voicing my opinion on some aspects that we feel need refinement.

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

WHAT!!!

Not joining the 'jaded club'???

LOL continue to have a bon voyage

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

WHAT!!!

Not joining the 'jaded club'???

LOL continue to have a bon voyage

Haha! Quite the opposite! My TA messaged me and said “Are you just tripping and falling into the Future Cruise area???” after I booked my third on board booking today. Lol!! (All Apex because of schedule and cost - this same week next year, the week before my already booked Med cruise, and this equivalent week 2022 added today!)

Currently in a food coma having finished up in Eden. Absolutely AMAZING!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Haha! Quite the opposite! My TA messaged me and said “Are you just tripping and falling into the Future Cruise area???” after I booked my third on board booking today. Lol!! (All Apex because of schedule and cost - this same week next year, the week before my already booked Med cruise, and this equivalent week 2022 added today!)

In Eden, were your expectations 'exceeded' or just met?

bon appetit and bon voyage

Beth, I’ve enjoyed your journey so much.  Thanks for including us on your Edge cruise. I have loved your pix and insights.  We are doing the same itinerary in April and so glad you pointed out Pancho’s Backyard is now within walking distant of the pier.

Eden exceeded our expectation in January can’t wait to go back in April.

Wishing you a quick and safe trip home, Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oville said:

Beth, I’ve enjoyed your journey so much.  Thanks for including us on your Edge cruise. I have loved your pix and insights.  We are doing the same itinerary in April and so glad you pointed out Pancho’s Backyard is now within walking distant of the pier.

Eden exceeded our expectation in January can’t wait to go back in April.

Wishing you a quick and safe trip home, Katie

Thank you Katie!! It has been fun doing it!! I plan to do a full review once home!

But yes - assuming you dock where Margaritaville and Senor Frogs and so forth are, there is a Pancho’s Backyard in the port complex to the right as you exit the one X is at. So good!!

Thanks so much for your honest “take” of your trip. 
I just don’t understand what some people expect. Celebrity offers such value for our hard earned money. Lodging, food, entertainment, transport from island to island and back home again. Glad you had a great vacation and have so many booked to look forward to when you return to work next week. Safe Travels and Grateful for your positive thoughts 🥰

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you Katie!! It has been fun doing it!! I plan to do a full review once home!

But yes - assuming you dock where Margaritaville and Senor Frogs and so forth are, there is a Pancho’s Backyard in the port complex to the right as you exit the one X is at. So good!!

Thanks, looking forward to having lunch there and also your review. Key West sky diving, not so much.😉😮🍷

Edited by Oville
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

A few pics from Capt Kate’s talk...

DEBCA385-F6A5-413C-A714-E18C0BC51B47.thumb.jpeg.4ce6a4ef521d00585c9355057930b695.jpeg

Did Capt Kate work on Premier previously? What position did she have? We have sailed with her several times onboard Summit and Equinox but never realized this.We did Premier ("The Big Red Boat") several times when our kids were littler (like 25-30 years ago) !!!

Can you post pictures of the everyday menu items for each of the four MDR restaurants?

Does Normandy still have a beef wellington (they call it something else) every day?

I am a beef eater and it was great when we were on a year ago.

Love the blog - Thanks !!!

2 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Did Capt Kate work on Premier previously? What position did she have? We have sailed with her several times onboard Summit and Equinox but never realized this.We did Premier ("The Big Red Boat") several times when our kids were littler (like 25-30 years ago) !!!

No, she went on it when she was 12. That is when she told her dad she wanted to be a Cruise Director and he told her she could do whatever she wanted including “drive the thing”.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Can you post pictures of the everyday menu items for each of the four MDR restaurants?

Does Normandy still have a beef wellington (they call it something else) every day?

I am a beef eater and it was great when we were on a year ago.

Love the blog - Thanks !!!

Sadly the main dining menus are the one thing I did not take a picture of. I checked the app and Normandie has a Beef Tenderloin en Croûte if that is what you mean.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Glad you had such an amazing cruise.   Your photos and Videos are really well done.   Hope to meet you some day. 

• Like 1