TV Reception ? Transatlantic ?

about the same chance that the tampa bay vipers will beat the new york guardians today, on the bright side there is always the 24 hour soccer channel, I was on the Jewel this fall for 40 days during football season, did not get to see one game, brutal!

Perhaps you  can buy high speed internet for the day and use your DISH log in on a laptop or tablet?  or something similar to dish, or use a friends log in

Edited by Newleno

We can record & store broadcast programming on Sling TV, free to cloud storage & retrieve it for playback when we are away, ship's satellite WiFi struggle often at times to reach 3 Mbps speed, not even bare minimum to stream anything at 480p (maybe, with luck, SD or 360p).  

NCL doesn't provide cable-like programming, not even as a PPV option.  Forgetaboutit. 

4 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

We will be at sea (NCL Star) (just departing Halifax to head across the ocean !) on the FINAL day (April 12th) of the Masters Tournament (Augusta, Georgia)

Can anyone comment on the odds that we will be able to watch ? (TV in our Cabin ?) or ??   🙏

Thanks 

1000 to 1 against.

NCL doesn't carry CBS programming.

I wouldn't rule it out entirely.  The NCL sports channel does air some golf, and I know has carried some of the golf majors before.  It may not be the CBS broadcast you're used to seeing in the US, but it would still be coverage.  Make sure to have a Plan B though if it really matters to you.

18 hours ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

We will be at sea (NCL Star) (just departing Halifax to head across the ocean !) on the FINAL day (April 12th) of the Masters Tournament (Augusta, Georgia)

Can anyone comment on the odds that we will be able to watch ? (TV in our Cabin ?) or ??   🙏

Thanks 

Very slight chance.  The 2014 Winter Olympics were shown on the Euro sports channel they have.  Since The Masters is an international event you might get lucky.  Your best bet would be to stream it on your phone for as long as possible until you're too far from shore.

Personally, I would reschedule your cruise.  The Masters is akin to a holiday.

Edited by geegee1

NCL carries Sport24 which is a live sports channel available only in flight or at sea. On their webpage I found the following:   

"Since our launch, we've shown LIVE action from Summer and Winter Olympics, FIFA World Cups, Rugby World Cups, tennis grand slams, golf majors, as well as the biggest leagues on the planet including the Premier League, UEFA Champions League, NBA, NFL and much, much more!"

I think you have a very good chance of seeing the final round of the masters. The channel provides separate feeds to airlines and cruise ships so it is possible it will be available on one and not the other. My suggestion is to check their program guide a week or so in advance to see if it will be aired on the cruise ship feed. You can find their schedule on their website from the link above. The times they post are GMT so you will need to adjust to local time.