ms Koningsdam and Veendam in Port Everglades February 12, 2020

Scrapnana

6 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

The five short blasts you heard is the “danger signal”, sounded to warn another vessel that “I have no idea of what your intentions are”.  This morning, sounded by Veendam because this idiot was in the middle of the fairway, crossing our bow, when he decided to pass close aboard.  Sorry for the blurry second photo, but you get the idea of how close he was.

DDB607A3-9F99-4250-851E-85340BDDEEA9.jpeg

448C3C0B-9F24-456D-813B-23D24E41D8C4.jpeg

Now I understand why, didn't see the idiot on the web cam. Hard to believe a fellow boater could be so dumb. 

6 hours ago, ShipsAreTheBest said:

The five short blasts you heard is the “danger signal”, sounded to warn another vessel that “I have no idea of what your intentions are”.  This morning, sounded by Veendam because this idiot was in the middle of the fairway, crossing our bow, when he decided to pass close aboard.  Sorry for the blurry second photo, but you get the idea of how close he was.

DDB607A3-9F99-4250-851E-85340BDDEEA9.jpeg

448C3C0B-9F24-456D-813B-23D24E41D8C4.jpeg

Thank you for explaining about the toots this morning.

It all makes sense now.

What an idiot.

1 minute ago, erewhon said:

Roy, we saw Serenity on our tv news last night being denied entry to Tonga.

Yes, we were shocked especially at the way it happens.  We were due to arrive in Lautoka, Fiji at 9 but just sat by the pilot station about 6 to almost 9.  Captain said they were reviewing our records and about 9 we started toward the harbor but while we get there they are interviewing and taking health questionnaires from those who boarded in Papeete.  That sounds a lot more like due diligence to me than what happened in Tonga.

Roy

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Yes, we were shocked especially at the way it happens.  We were due to arrive in Lautoka, Fiji at 9 but just sat by the pilot station about 6 to almost 9.  Captain said they were reviewing our records and about 9 we started toward the harbor but while we get there they are interviewing and taking health questionnaires from those who boarded in Papeete.  That sounds a lot more like due diligence to me than what happened in Tonga.

Roy

You will be safe here. Iwill email you soon to make arrangements for your visit on 26th.