New Spirit !!!! Beautiful!!!

bluesea777

LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics!!  Thanks so much for sharing.  For me personally, SPIRIT now looks like the best and most elegant ship in the NCL fleet.  Just the right size too!  Very much adult oriented which I love.  I don't need all those "attractions" littering the upper decks.  Honestly much of the decor could pass for a Crystal Cruises ship, it's that elegant and well done.  

Only two disappointments from what I can see.  

1.  I hate the giant Megatron video screen in the atrium.  Looks hideous and tacky for such an otherwise elegant ship.  I hope it's temporary.

2.  In the renderings NCL showed a beautiful blue duvet in the balcony cabins.  It was so refreshing to see something besides a white duvet with runner at the foot of the bed.  That has been done to death.  Unfortunately it doesn't look like the blue duvets made the final cut.  I can understand all the practical reasons why, but still I was hoping.  I've attached a pic of the rendering for reference.  

Thanks again for your wonderful pics, and I hope you continue to post more.  I'm guessing prices for the just added SPIRIT Med cruises will be quite attractive, as there is little time to market.  Might be the perfect opportunity to sail on her.  

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 12.46.28 AM.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GeriatricNurse said:

Thank you very much for sharing the pics!

I noted that there appeared to be ?4 Life Jackets stored in your cabin!  I thought that NCL had removed them from the cabins on all their ships to keep them at the various Muster Stations for distribution, if required!

They hadn't in November at least .... we had 3 I think in ours

4 hours ago, eroller said:

I'm guessing prices for the just added SPIRIT Med cruises will be quite attractive, as there is little time to market.  Might be the perfect opportunity to sail on her.  

The new itineraries are great and prices are very good if you're not a solo cruiser. 

There are still some construction glitches- but the staff is working hard to resolve problems.  There are also "accounting" irregularities, that I'm sure will be easily resolved.  I'm waiting until the lines dissipate a bit at Guest Services- would rather enjoy the ship than stand in lines. 👍😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CazV said:

The new itineraries are great and prices are very good if you're not a solo cruiser. 

Thanks.  I just checked it out.  $489 lead-in price.  It's only for one date I think but very inexpensive.  Overall reasonable pricing, and we may see it fluctuate depending on well (or poorly) the ship sells.  

• Like 1

Thank you for the pics! She looks fabulous. I took my first cruise on her  a 10 day Southern  Caribbean form NY. I love the smaller ships. I've already booked her for 10/04 only disappointment is it is only a 7 day cruise, so wish it was a 10 day

On 2/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, bluesea777 said:

Now .... for Keith ... the Great Outdoors (ex Raffles Terrace) which to our delight still look the same. Spice H2O area. 

Pool is closed at the moment. 

Notice the brand new glasses (plastic) shining in the sun. 

And our fave bartender Aan. 

F301407D-06F1-460B-8FCC-32BB83669D24.jpeg

Having looked again, I realised that Aan seems to have got promoted to an officer rank.

1 hour ago, Hoya NICU RN said:

There are still some construction glitches- but the staff is working hard to resolve problems.  There are also "accounting" irregularities, that I'm sure will be easily resolved.  I'm waiting until the lines dissipate a bit at Guest Services- would rather enjoy the ship than stand in lines. 👍😊

The completed areas look very nice BUT a lot of areas not completed and many unhappy passengers.  Lines at guest services were taking hours!  It’s not pretty and as smooth as many say.  Suites not done so all of those passengers downgraded into left over balconies.  Yes, that’s right - put into a lower cabin but told at check in we were upgraded.  How does that work?  This explains why so few on our Roll Call got upgrades.  NCL knew in advance the ship was far from done!  Two weeks ago they shortened the cruise last minute and offered cancel at no penalty but did not tell us the ship still would not be done so we scrambled and made adjustments to stay longer in Rome.  A great time.  Knowing what we now know and knowing NCL knew the ship was far from done, they should have offered a chance to cancel even last minute at no penalty once we realized our suite is not done or available.  I blame NCL corporate totally for this fiasco.  It appears they pushed people out of balconies to make room for downgraded suite passengers.  I don’t think so!  People complaining they booked a balcony and downgraded to an ocean view.  Teppanyaki not done.  Spa not done but they offer services.  How does that work?  A lot of loose panels open throughout the ship with people dressed in construction clothing walking the hallways.  Carpets not completely tacked down and lack of proper vacuuming in our cabin and hallways.  Looks like a lot of sloppy work, too.  Dented ceiling panels in several places in our balcony room.  This is brand new and it looks like that?  Very poor craftsmanship/ work in several areas!

The staff is wonderful and also struggling with so many uncompleted areas.  Feel bad for them.  Food is great but Cagney’s has a sliding door over where they have the breakfast buffet set up that is open but slides back and forth and just about took me out!  A dangerous situation.

I see NCL’s PR department is painting an entirely different picture on social media and while we are enjoying our “upgraded” downgraded cabin, NCL cannot cover up their glaring incompetence and selling this as the perfect launch.  We are determined to make this work but knowing what I know now, we would have canceled even on embarkation day, gone home and booked another time.  This has soured us on any future NCL cruises.  They knowingly withheld vital information from us.  Unforgivable!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

The completed areas look very nice BUT a lot of areas not completed and many unhappy passengers.

This seems to happen a lot with refurbishments. I would never book the first cruise out of an extensive dry dock for that reason, or even the last cruise before dry dock. NCL had a disaster with a cruise with full-on construction going on - sanding, welding, tearing up carpet - and I think it was on a pretty expensive Panama Canal itinerary.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fshagan said:

This seems to happen a lot with refurbishments. I would never book the first cruise out of an extensive dry dock for that reason, or even the last cruise before dry dock. NCL had a disaster with a cruise with full-on construction going on - sanding, welding, tearing up carpet - and I think it was on a pretty expensive Panama Canal itinerary.

When we booked 18 months ago, there was no mention of drydock so we were kind of set to go and figured we could make do once we discovered the timing.  We are totally soured and plan to cancel our next 2 cruises we booked with them.  I know this can happen on any cruiseline but we finally have had our fill from NCL and will look around.  We love the Haven experience so hoping to find something that’s close to it and if not, we will stay home or do land based tours instead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mertziek said:

I see NCL’s PR department is painting an entirely different picture on social media and while we are enjoying our “upgraded” downgraded cabin, NCL cannot cover up their glaring incompetence and selling this as the perfect launch.  We are determined to make this work but knowing what I know now, we would have canceled even on embarkation day, gone home and booked another time.  This has soured us on any future NCL cruises.  They knowingly withheld vital information from us.  Unforgivable!

I'm so sorry to read about the extent of the works still incomplete. This does definitely happen on any cruiseline... happened with RC Navigator of the Seas last year and I was thankful that my cruise was a few weeks after dry dock as by then it was all done. Cruiselines really need to get their act together with this stuff. 

I hope you can have an amazing cruise nonetheless. 

On 2/14/2020 at 5:45 AM, bluesea777 said:

Just boarded the new Spirit in Civitavecchia for the cruise to Dubai. 

Oh wow, thank you for posting these pictures.  I have been looking at potentially doing a Greek Isles cruise in the fall and I just found out today that the Spirit is a) refurbished and b) has new itineraries there that fit what we want to do.  Looking into booking one soon, if I can convince my husband the flight won't be that bad. 😄

8 hours ago, fshagan said:

Unfortunately you read about this kind of stuff after every major refurbishment from every major cruise line.  I try not to book any sailings just before or after a major refurbishment.  The ship tends to be a construction zone.  Time and time again this is the norm.  The shipyard provides a price and schedule the cruise line can't resist, even though all parties know it's not realistic.  The SPIRT had some added issues with strikes and worker slowdowns in France creating even more delays.  

On 2/14/2020 at 3:18 PM, bluesea777 said:

Now .... for Keith ... the Great Outdoors (ex Raffles Terrace) which to our delight still look the same. Spice H2O area. 

Pool is closed at the moment. 

Notice the brand new glasses (plastic) shining in the sun. 

And our fave bartender Aan. 

A041AD10-F9B2-43A4-A049-3949D13FF4C0.jpeg

1EB6FF72-E4FC-4C61-A5C7-2923387C559B.jpeg

A01C2469-E1DF-40E7-9B76-9529E5681468.jpeg

15235197-4D95-4CE0-B7E3-E0AFB61D4C0C.jpeg

8928BC71-4749-4403-ACC9-E18905857EA4.jpeg

0618CF28-654A-4FE8-8FD4-061F73534407.jpeg

C25F2668-1B17-48C3-A0D2-7B4ADF1327D3.jpeg

42F31781-BD37-409A-A67D-72EB1EC66EBF.jpeg

13EFDE37-E64E-4A17-9DCF-C105DC091912.jpeg

80C46017-B402-401B-A8C3-E672B10E418F.jpeg

7008E493-008C-47D1-A6C4-8100E5A34ABA.jpeg

C4AC8C13-5E64-49B8-BE18-A75C79FD64C4.jpeg

3F894458-F2E0-4117-B324-904355932135.jpeg

9570140F-1308-43B7-AAFF-F57E4C48A590.jpeg

66EF1B62-B072-4ECA-AEF8-C5B41DD21C7F.jpeg

6F3F0411-873C-4185-B173-E375FE7A918C.jpeg

A5CB61ED-03EF-46CF-B7AA-AFDBFC5EDDEA.jpeg

09E7D86F-012E-4302-8D07-772F91B11A66.jpeg

F301407D-06F1-460B-8FCC-32BB83669D24.jpeg

Thank you very much. You are right, it does look very similar.