Do You Walk Barefoot in Your Cabin?

need2cruisesoon

On 2/24/2020 at 8:42 AM, calliopecruiser said:

Not if there's a single lever, rather than rotating handles......Every sink should have a single lever mechanism (including kitchens), so one doesn't need to handle it with their hands. 

I can turn my bathroom tap on/off with the backs of my hands.  They aren't single lever, but I can still turn them as if they were.  It's just a side turn as opposed to pushing up.

3 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

Not really.......at least not in the sphere of microbes (bacteria, viruses, and fungi).  Chemicals (like toxins) and some parasites can be absorbed through the skin, but microbes need a way in, and healthy skin is a very good barrier. 

Couldn't people be equally concerned with chemicals leeching into their skin as microbes?  I suspect the carpets are occasionally cleaned with chemicals.

4 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

Not really.......at least not in the sphere of microbes (bacteria, viruses, and fungi).  Chemicals (like toxins) and some parasites can be absorbed through the skin, but microbes need a way in, and healthy skin is a very good barrier. 

You did not state that.

You just said, "Not much you can absorb through your skin."

Which is not correct.

37 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

Couldn't people be equally concerned with chemicals leeching into their skin as microbes?  I suspect the carpets are occasionally cleaned with chemicals.

You also do not know what the previous occupants spilled on the carpet.

But some people just want to fear things.

However, it amazes me that they think nothing about driving, yet in the US, about 100 people per day die in auto mishaps.  40,000 die each year of the flu.

But that want to worry about what they might get from the carpet in their cabin. 😄

• Like 4

On 2/26/2020 at 5:28 PM, buchhalm said:

Hmmmm. Reading all this I can't help thinking that I am probably not the first guy to sit naked on that sofa in my cabin. 

Damn! Dude, don't you hate sitting there? I hate to walk in socks on the floor at home even... But yep, all people are different, soooo

On 2/28/2020 at 12:25 PM, SRF said:

Sorry.  You did not, but that was what MY post was based on.  NO qualifications.

OK. “Not much” is a qualification as opposed to “nothing”. When you consider the large number of possible microbes vs the slim possibility of someone spilling a TOXIC chemical over a large area—and it not being cleaned up, that amounts to not much. Even the possibility of one of those possible microbes being dangerous is limited.