PLEASE NCL TELL US - JADE CRUISE 27TH ????? IT IS GOING AHEAD OR NOT, GIVE US TIME TO MAKE ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS

GOTTODOIT

Please NCL, tell us if you are going to Cancel the Jade 27th cruise.  Give us the time to make alternate arrangements, don't leave us hanging,  Is this Cruise Going Ahead or Not.?  It is not FAIR to your guests to keep us in the dark.  One day the itinerary disappears and then reappears the next day.  JUST TELL US.  What is the Jade going to do when it disembarks it passengers on the 17th. now that the 17th Feb cruise is cancelled?  Is it going to sit in Singapore for 10 days and wait for the passengers sailing on the 27th?

Come on, give your passengers some notice. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Talk to your travel agent and/or NCL. This is a web forum for people to chat about cruising. This is not NCL's customer service counter.

And sometimes it's more accurate and timely than NCL'S customer service.

Their response and decisions to all the virus hysteria is less than underwhelming.

NCL is allowing free C.C. website access from their ships, it make one wonder which came first the chicken or the egg!

Edited by NJGeorge
  • Like 6

Yes, you'll learn more on this forum sooner.

If they cancel, they'll probably do it last minute. They hope that people cancel on their own so they don't have to issue refunds. NCL guest relations is the bottom of the barrel. Cheap!

If the past is indicative of the future, they'll forge ahead at any cost and will only cancel if forced to do so by government closure of ports.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Sorry, it's Saturday.  NCL is closed today.

Well Cole Thornton, it is Sunday here and if your NCL is not open on Saturdays then our NCL Sydney Office is open on Saturdays.

This topic was opened so that others in the same situation could also post and maybe NCL will get the message.

Also fellow cruisers or members could add any info as it comes to hand.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, GOTTODOIT said:

Hello Seashark

Have spoken to NCL yesterday and they do not have any further info.  That is the point of this thread,to vent that NCL is very slow on updating and advising passengers.  NCL gave the 17th February cruisers, 4 days notice of cancellation and many are stuck in Singapore waiting on the 27th Feb cruise and wondering if it is going to go ahead.

Fully aware that is not NCL's customer service centre, sma t ss.

Just got off the Gem and were told all cruises to Asia were canceled the rest of the year due to the virus

3 hours ago, GOTTODOIT said:

Please NCL, tell us if you are going to Cancel the Jade 27th cruise.  Give us the time to make alternate arrangements, don't leave us hanging,  Is this Cruise Going Ahead or Not.?  It is not FAIR to your guests to keep us in the dark.  One day the itinerary disappears and then reappears the next day.  JUST TELL US.  What is the Jade going to do when it disembarks it passengers on the 17th. now that the 17th Feb cruise is cancelled?  Is it going to sit in Singapore for 10 days and wait for the passengers sailing on the 27th?

Come on, give your passengers some notice. 

You do know NCL hopes to cruise as scheduled. Since the situation changes daily really hard to plan. I am not a NCL cruiser. My suggestion would be to call them and either tell them you want to cancel or hang in there until they cancel or cruise. The cruise if it was scheduled to cruise anywhere north will likely be cancelled.

21 minutes ago, cmh said:

Just got off the Gem and were told all cruises to Asia were canceled the rest of the year due to the virus

thank CMH,

that is interesting, we are on B2B cruises starting on 27th Feb from Singapore to Dubai, 18th March Dubai to Rome .

I rang NCL yesterday and they told me that there have been no further cruises cancelled.

We fly to Singapore on 23rd so hoping for confirmation that our first cruise is not going to be cancelled.

1 hour ago, Ldldl said:

Just checked Singapore Cruise Center schedule for departures and arrivals and the Jade is not listed as confirmed yet even though several other ships such as the Crystal Symphony and Silver Spirit are already scheduled. Wondering why. See https://www.singaporecruise.com.sg/index.php/?page_id=110&action=cruise

thank you LdLdl for a most welcome and relevant message,

I didn't think of that web site,  that's great info, will keep checking that, the Jade is due to dock on Monday 17th and was due to start another cruise but that cruise is now cancelled so wondering what the Jade  might do now until the next cruise due to commence on the 27th, (the cruise we are booked on)

Trying to think what to do for 22 days if the 27th cruise is cancelled as we will be in Singapore, 4 days before the commencement of 27th cruise.   If they cancel the 27th cruise then we will have to make our way to Dubai for the next cruise to Rome on the 18th March but will need to fill in some weeks. 

9 minutes ago, GOTTODOIT said:

... didn't think of that web site,  that's great info, will keep checking that, the Jade is due to dock ... ut will need to fill in some weeks. 

Some of us are following along and with you & other pax on/should be/might be/rather not be on the Jade in the immediate future.  Stay healthy & be well, and for those already in/heading to Singapore - be sure to set up for backup internet (fast data, non-satellite based) access while docked or in the unlikely event of a cruise to nowhere or just off coastal waters in SE Asia.  Jade's satellite WiFi "can" be overwhelmed and burdened - especially in troubled times like these - have a Plan C to stay in touch, access news & communicate ... just saying.  There are excellent prepaid plans that cover that region, get them locally while in Singapore ... not the time to stay offline and disconnected.

Meanwhile, perhaps not a bad idea to alert your home's bank & credit card issuers about your unpredictable travel plans; and review whether you have extra credit limits and/or have an extra card on hand to use.  Best of luck in leveraging all you can. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Some of us are following along and with you & other pax on/should be/might be/rather not be on the Jade in the immediate future.  Stay healthy & be well, and for those already in/heading to Singapore - be sure to set up for backup internet (fast data, non-satellite based) access while docked or in the unlikely event of a cruise to nowhere or just off coastal waters in SE Asia.  Jade's satellite WiFi "can" be overwhelmed and burdened - especially in troubled times like these - have a Plan C to stay in touch, access news & communicate ... just saying.  There are excellent prepaid plans that cover that region, get them locally while in Singapore ... not the time to stay offline and disconnected.

Meanwhile, perhaps not a bad idea to alert your home's bank & credit card issuers about your unpredictable travel plans; and review whether you have extra credit limits and/or have an extra card on hand to use.  Best of luck in leveraging all you can. 

thank you Mking8288,

great advice and thank you for your best wishes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ldldl said:

... can you suggest some service providers? Is M1 ok?

I would defer my limited expertise to "locals" from that region, it's been a while as we used Google Fi's data plan with great coverage in 200+ countries, even while we cruise ... Based in part, a quick chat with a SIL originally from Malay

StarHub gets nice reviews but M1's Prepaid Sim package appeared great (not the Tourist Sim as its coverage outside Singapore roaming isn't as good) - higher tiered plan by M1 will get roaming coverage down under to/in NZ & Australia, out to Mid-East region.  Check out the details on M1's website ... download the free App to manage the account, including how to add extra funds & refill it.  SingTel is fine too.  

They should be sold on arrival at SIN airport and in-town, passport/travel documents needed to purchase (set up ??) - ask for help/assistance to setup & activate if you aren't sure how.  Side comment - another reason to carry & use a dual-sim (Android) global/world smartphone is the ability to insert a prepaid/traveling local-regional sim card on the 2nd. sim slot to provide data, and, maintain primary contacts using the main/home mobile number abroad.  Don't need to spent a fortune to get one as a spare/backup (keep this "tip" in mind for future cruising & air travel. )

AIS maritime ship tracking for the Norwegian Jade - latest update, ship is running near top speed, 23.9 knots on a southeast heading - destination filed is Singapore (SG-Pilot A Pebra) with an ETA given in GMT.  Currently 150 nm+ off the north shores of Malaysia and got quite a bit of distance to go (those data seemed current & accurate)  Must be a strong tailwind & all engines running close to top speed.  [Marine Radar V2.0 App, free on Android]

Edited by mking8288

Singapore to Singapore was cancelled once Vietnam closed their cruise ports. There's also a problem with Thailand. Singapore to Dubai is a different itinerary that doesn't include those ports. As CoronaVirus continues to escalate it's hard to predict too far ahead. NCL are in a 'no win' position-if they cancel too early and all the ports remain open those passengers already booked will probably complain, then if they wait and are forced to cancel other passengers will complain. I'm sure NCL will be happy when they're out of that region. CoronaVirus is out of NCL's control -countries are putting various bans in place at short notice to keep their residents safe. I'm just thankful I'm not on the Diamond princess

• Like 1

As NCL has cancelled the 17th February cruise what are people who were on it as a start of B2B (and have arrived in Singapore) or in the middle of a B2B2B (probably uncommon) to do for the 10 days of the cruise that has been cancelled.

Will NCL pay for a hotel for the period?  Will they pay for people to go home and then return?

Where is the Jade going to be for the 10 days?

People need to know just what their situation is.

16 minutes ago, casofilia said:

As NCL has cancelled the 17th February cruise what are people who were on it as a start of B2B (and have arrived in Singapore) or in the middle of a B2B2B (probably uncommon) to do for the 10 days of the cruise that has been cancelled.

Will NCL pay for a hotel for the period?  Will they pay for people to go home and then return?

Where is the Jade going to be for the 10 days?

People need to know just what their situation is.

Hi Casofilia,

We have cruised together previously on the Jewel and met at meet and greets and lovely lunches. Appreciate your comments. I have read messages of fellow cruisers who are now sitting out in Singapore to see if their B2B2b2 cruise is going to go ahead on the 27th.

I was going to book the 17th Feb cruise out of Hong Kong because that is my birthday but decided just to do the Singapore/Dubai/Rome and now it is a waiting game to see if NCL cancel the cruise.

We are cruising with friends from Minneapolis St Paul and they are very anxious.

thank you 

• Like 2

I'm also eager to know if NCL will go ahead with the 2/27 sailing. In my case, I'm planning on joining this cruise. Will probably book last minute. I'm not really concerned about the virus, the screening of passengers seems quite thorough to me. 

Cheers all.