Best way to get from one terminal to another at Port Everglades?

helen haywood

My first thought is that the other terminals used by Celebrity are within easy walking distance. If you don't want to pull your bags, I'm sure a porter would be happy to do the carrying. Then I remembered some recent posts indicating that you now use a scooter. If it's yours, then you could just scooter over, but if you are renting, I don't know if that would work, unless you have the same unit for both cruises.

A taxi is theoretically possible, but I don't know if they would accept such a short ride. You might want to contact Special Needs to see if they have any suggestions.

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

My first thought is that the other terminals used by Celebrity are within easy walking distance. If you don't want to pull your bags, I'm sure a porter would be happy to do the carrying. Then I remembered some recent posts indicating that you now use a scooter. If it's yours, then you could just scooter over, but if you are renting, I don't know if that would work, unless you have the same unit for both cruises.

A taxi is theoretically possible, but I don't know if they would accept such a short ride. You might want to contact Special Needs to see if they have any suggestions.

I think I’m getting off when the OP is getting on and my guess is we will disembark at terminal 18 as 3 HAL ships are slotted for the closer terminals. It would be a very long walk between 25 and 18.  For the first time ever we are using Park n Go rather than port parking.

Edited by Oville

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Happily not needing the scooter anymore!!  I’d thought about offering a taxi $20 to just go the short distance.  I don’t think the terminals will be near enough to each other to walk.

We’ve done the $20 and it worked. 

It’s frustrating the website is wrong but I think I read somewhere weeks ago Terminal 18.  I’m assuming you are on the March 15th cruise.

Edited by Oville

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Happily not needing the scooter anymore!!  I’d thought about offering a taxi $20 to just go the short distance.  I don’t think the terminals will be near enough to each other to walk.

Definately call special needs. It could be very close or a very long walk. Also pier assignments are sometimes changed. Am sure Celebrity can help you coordinate.

5 minutes ago, Oville said:

We’ve done the $20 and it worked. 

It’s frustrating the website is wrong but I think I read somewhere weeks ago Terminal 18.  I’m assuming you are on the March 15th cruise.

Actually we are on the March 29 Edge Cruise; I plan ahead.  😁  I’m back to being an able bodied cruiser so no need for Special Needs.  I’ll ask on Edge if they have any ideas.

15 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Actually we are on the March 29 Edge Cruise; I plan ahead.  😁  I’m back to being an able bodied cruiser so no need for Special Needs.  I’ll ask on Edge if they have any ideas.

Oh so maybe you will be luckier than us.  For sure looking at the current Port Everglades schedule, Edge and Silhouette aren’t departing from Terminal 25.😉

I read a thread (a couple years old) that may be of interest.   Some said they let the cruise line know and they directed them to a Crew Shuttle that took care of them.   Others said there is an inter-port shuttle between terminals.   I seem to recall seeing a inter terminal shuttle last time I was there.    Suggest asking the Concierge once on board the ship. 

We did the Edge to the Royal's Adventure of the Seas, last March. We talked to the Diamond Lounge Concierge, who said they would make arrangements, and when we got off, to simply ask anyone in the terminal, and they would have a special area for us to meet a shuttle. But, no one in the terminal knew about it. Getting off the Edge was so efficient, we did the facial recognition, and we were done. Finally, someone outside said we had to walk to the far right, to get the shuttle, so we did, and when we got there, we were told that all we had to have done, was to walk a little but to the left, of the exit, and cross the street to the parking deck, where we could catch a shuttle to any of the other ships. So, we walked all the way back to the exit, crossed a driveway, crossed the street, and saw a shuttle with Adventure listed in the front, and it took us there.

So, long story, short, just use the parking shuttles to move between ports. But you do have to be able to wheel your suitcase for a little ways.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We’re doing a B2B (sort of) where we debark Edge at terminal 25 abs embark Silhouette at some other terminal.  I did check the Port Everglades app but it has both ships listed as using the same terminal...which I doubt.  Could I get a cab just to go from one to the other? 

We are doing the same. The silhouette is at terminal 21, across the road from terminal 25.

we have done this quite a bit over the years and Celebrity have moved us from Miami to Port Everglades and vice versa. They usually-it us and the few others doing the same thing on one of their airport shuttles which went to the airport and then to the cruise terminal. The hard bit is to find the correct person when you leave the terminal.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

3 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We are doing the same. The silhouette is at terminal 21, across the road from terminal 25.

we have done this quite a bit over the years and Celebrity have moved us from Miami to Port Everglades and vice versa. They usually-it us and the few others doing the same thing on one of their airport shuttles which went to the airport and then to the cruise terminal. The hard bit is to find the correct person when you leave the terminal.

What site are you seeing the terminal number this far in advance? Thanks, Katie

9 hours ago, rakes5 said:

We did the Edge to the Royal's Adventure of the Seas, last March. We talked to the Diamond Lounge Concierge, who said they would make arrangements, and when we got off, to simply ask anyone in the terminal, and they would have a special area for us to meet a shuttle. But, no one in the terminal knew about it. Getting off the Edge was so efficient, we did the facial recognition, and we were done. Finally, someone outside said we had to walk to the far right, to get the shuttle, so we did, and when we got there, we were told that all we had to have done, was to walk a little but to the left, of the exit, and cross the street to the parking deck, where we could catch a shuttle to any of the other ships. So, we walked all the way back to the exit, crossed a driveway, crossed the street, and saw a shuttle with Adventure listed in the front, and it took us there.

So, long story, short, just use the parking shuttles to move between ports. But you do have to be able to wheel your suitcase for a little ways.

Ugh... sorry to hear about your run around but the rest of us will benefit from you post.

So you turn to the left after exiting Terminal 25, cross the road to the parking deck to catch the shuttle....  Is the shuttle inside the deck?  Waiting parked somewhere outside the deck?  The size of a hotel shuttle?  As you said it said "Adventure" on it, does this mean there are other shuttles marked for other ships at the port?

7 hours ago, Oville said:

What site are you seeing the terminal number this far in advance? Thanks, Katie

It is on the Port Everglades app. It gives you the terminal assignments 30 days out And we were also advised by the on shore concierge.

6 hours ago, helen haywood said:

So you turn to the left after exiting Terminal 25, cross the road to the parking deck to catch the shuttle....  Is the shuttle inside the deck?  Waiting parked somewhere outside the deck?  The size of a hotel shuttle?  As you said it said "Adventure" on it, does this mean there are other shuttles marked for other ships at the port?

Terminal 21 is on the other side of the road from terminal 25. You will have to turn left and the cross the road. 

16 hours ago, rakes5 said:

This is a fairly typical experience of moving from one cruise to another with Celebrity. They promise the world be once you are off you are not the ships responsibility. You are down to finding the correct person shoreside who knows you are coming but does nothing to let anybody know who they are. We have had many a good cruise messed up by this. The shoreside people are terrible unless you are going to an airport. Even the I struggle to trust them to get me on the correct bus.

I was looking at later in March and saw Silhouette and Edge as being at the same terminal, 25, same as you.  But if you look at the Port Everglades app for this Sunday, Edge is at 25, Silhouette is at 21 and Koningsdam is at 19.  So I think that is what it will be in March.

And thanks everyone for the help!  Hopefully I will only need to walk across the road!

Edited by helen haywood

• 3 years later...

Here is our experience on 4/2/2023. We got off the Odyssey and was getting on the Beyond. Odyssey docked at berth 18 and Beyond at berth  25. You cannot walk to the Beyond. Royal knew we were get on the Beyond and had already arranged a complementary shuttle. Was told to go to the airport bus area. You need to check in with someone there and was told to wait for the shuttle. Had to wait around 30 minutes but that was not a problem. The shuttle arrived and off to another cruise. It was a mad house by the buses. Thanks Royal Caribbean! Photo is from the Beyond showing the Odyssey. You can see it but can’t walk to it.3102215B-7021-449F-B911-9B32BC517098.thumb.jpeg.5891249aa7cd4110f9337a2b04ed53ff.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sthica said:

Here is our experience on 4/2/2023. We got off the Odyssey and was getting on the Beyond. Odyssey docked at berth 18 and Beyond at berth  25. You cannot walk to the Beyond. Royal knew we were get on the Beyond and had already arranged a complementary shuttle. Was told to go to the airport bus area. You need to check in with someone there and was told to wait for the shuttle. Had to wait around 30 minutes but that was not a problem. The shuttle arrived and off to another cruise. It was a mad house by the buses. Thanks Royal Caribbean! Photo is from the Beyond showing the Odyssey. You can see it but can’t walk to it.3102215B-7021-449F-B911-9B32BC517098.thumb.jpeg.5891249aa7cd4110f9337a2b04ed53ff.jpeg

Thanks for sharing.  How did you let Royal know, did you speak to guest services?  Personally if I had to wait a half hour for a shuttle I'd walk (SE FL usually isn't that hot/humid until late in the morning) 

I did not let them know. I inquired with the concierge in the diamond lounge and after checking was advised they already had the information.  Big surprise to me. If you’re not diamond, you can always check with guest services.

59 minutes ago, Sthica said:

I did not let them know. I inquired with the concierge in the diamond lounge and after checking was advised they already had the information.  Big surprise to me. If you’re not diamond, you can always check with guest services.

Good datapoint for those who are diamond going from RCI to another ship but the OP is wanting to go from an X ship to another X ship; it would appears their best course of action would be to ask guest services

• Like 1