Will They Repositioning Asian Ships???

Jeter02

On 2/19/2020 at 12:07 AM, Iamcruzin said:

The issue isn’t fear of the Coronavirus it’s self. It’s the fear of paying for an itinerary that won’t happen do to  canceled flights and banned ports. This isn’t the same as missing a port for weather related issues. What this incident has taught me is to read more carefully the trip interruption portion of the insurance policy. I basically buy it for the medical portion and being able to cancel for a covered reason.

And being stuck on a ship for 14 days after the cruise. Then have to serve another 14 days before being allowed back home. 

On 2/17/2020 at 9:34 AM, chengkp75 said:

Given what information is available about coronavirus stability outside of a host, the "deep clean" would be no more thorough than a noro sanitizing.

Hmmm.... doesn't look like it. Here is the RFP for the Diamond. They don't throw away linens and mattresses for Noro.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22495-princess-issues-rfp-to-clean-and-sanitize-diamond-princess.html

I doubt there is any point in repositioning them now,   probably be mothballed for the short-term.   The demand for cruises is going to keep going drastically down for the foreseeable future.   It's going to require heavy discounts to keep the ships populated.   And that's if they are even legally allowed to sail,  as more and more countries encounter difficulties with the virus they will be turning away ever more cruise ships.

Interestingly on the flyer for the Sapphire, one checked the prices ( cost per day ) with the normal 2020-2021 season and they only were a little cheaper, no great bargains... so they are trying to get costs back...

Also don't know about the Majestic going to Singapore from Fremantle Crew only for dry dock..... then what???..... my wish would be de-asianize and leave in Australia, or if not  leave it in Asia permanently

We are going to book a couple of short cruises B2B  if the right cabins are available,

as they are doing different itineraries, which would like to do...... but they are ball park cost... so will see

As we are all ready booked on the Sapphire for a November Cruise this year

Cheers Don  

2 hours ago, casofilia said:

We are hoping that we will still be able to do the Kyushu and Grand Asia cruises starting in December in whichever ship remains in Asia.

Relieved to say that we haven’t got a cruise booked for this summer, but as you know, we are due to sail Asia at Christmas. At this current point, we’re biding our time to see what transpires throughout the year. It may be that our Asian ship is deployed to another area by the time we’re due to sail on her - who knows.  

With regards to the outbreak, it’s not just the thought of being quarantined on the ship that is unbearable, but also the thought of being stranded in a country and not being able to return home. With the present situation in Italy, who knows which ports will be closed to cruise ships as this virus spreads throughout the world, so even redeploying to other areas could have potential issues in the future.

I have a feeling that many cruises this year will be taken by pax in their home country - where the least amount of flying will be required. That’s provided enough ports remain open to offer decent itineraries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, villauk said:

Relieved to say that we haven’t got a cruise booked for this summer, but as you know, we are due to sail Asia at Christmas. At this current point, we’re biding our time to see what transpires throughout the year. It may be that our Asian ship is deployed to another area by the time we’re due to sail on her - who knows.  

With regards to the outbreak, it’s not just the thought of being quarantined on the ship that is unbearable, but also the thought of being stranded in a country and not being able to return home. With the present situation in Italy, who knows which ports will be closed to cruise ships as this virus spreads throughout the world, so even redeploying to other areas could have potential issues in the future.

I have a feeling that many cruises this year will be taken by pax in their home country - where the least amount of flying will be required. That’s provided enough ports remain open to offer decent itineraries.

We don't cruise in the summer months at all but considering the latest news each day I've got my reserves about even booking in the fall for the Caribbean. 

A possible all inclusive resort might be a better choice for us until some solution is found. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 9:50 AM, Jeter02 said:

God only knows how long Diamond out of commission with the deep sanitation clean it will need to go through.?

I thought princess had published a date -- like the end of April, that diamond would re-enter service.

Maybe they are just waiting for conformation from god...

15 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Interestingly on the flyer for the Sapphire, one checked the prices ( cost per day ) with the normal 2020-2021 season and they only were a little cheaper, no great bargains... so they are trying to get costs back...

Not really. Cruise fares are almost a break even affair until a fairly high occupancy. Every other nickle and dime they get out of you is where the profit comes from. I really don't expect (though i hope for) fire sale prices. Guess we'll know soon depending on how these ships fill up.

• Like 1

Sapphire Princess is due in Fremantle Western Australia without passengers for 1st new cruise departing on 1st May 2020.

Prices for the early cruises are from A$70/day [US$46].  As the winter season goes on prices rise & are from A$100 /day.

Gratuities are included for Australian bookings. 

The winter cruises in the tropical north of Australia are at the best time of year weather wise.

Cruises will operate from most major cities until SP picks up the previously scheduled cruises later in the year.

Cruises go on sale on 27th February.