Strollers on board

Markanddonna

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

You never replied to me a few years ago when I asked what a Shmoo is..

ShmooV2.thumb.jpg.3395a31b2d0255a46694138bb3985f6d.jpg

The Shmoo was a lovable bowling pin-shaped whiskered creature. The Shmoo yielded milk, eggs, cheesecake, and just about anything else you might desire. Shmoo meat when roasted was pork, when broiled it was steak, and when fried it was chicken. The eyes of a Shmoo made good suspender buttons and its whiskers made fine toothpicks. The skin when cut thin served as high quality cloth; cut thick it was leather, and cut in strips it became boards for housing.

During the Soviet Union's blockade of West Berlin, Germany in 1948, candy-filled Shmoos were air-dropped to hungry West Berliners from transport planes by America's 17th Military Airport Squadron. The commanders of the Berlin airlift had cabled Capp, requesting the inflatable Shmoos as part of Operation: Little Vittles. "When the candy-chocked Shmoos were dropped, a near-riot resulted...." (Reported in Newsweek—11 October 1948)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

ShmooV2.thumb.jpg.3395a31b2d0255a46694138bb3985f6d.jpg

The Shmoo was a lovable bowling pin-shaped whiskered creature. The Shmoo yielded milk, eggs, cheesecake, and just about anything else you might desire. Shmoo meat when roasted was pork, when broiled it was steak, and when fried it was chicken. The eyes of a Shmoo made good suspender buttons and its whiskers made fine toothpicks. The skin when cut thin served as high quality cloth; cut thick it was leather, and cut in strips it became boards for housing.

During the Soviet Union's blockade of West Berlin, Germany in 1948, candy-filled Shmoos were air-dropped to hungry West Berliners from transport planes by America's 17th Military Airport Squadron. The commanders of the Berlin airlift had cabled Capp, requesting the inflatable Shmoos as part of Operation: Little Vittles. "When the candy-chocked Shmoos were dropped, a near-riot resulted...." (Reported in Newsweek—11 October 1948)

Very interesting,thanks.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

This is exactly what I was saying to ducklite.

I know.  Your comment made me realize my experience was the same.  My memory isn't foolproof, but then neither is my coordination.  So, I'm sure if I didn't notice a wheelchair I would have tripped over it.  Haha 

1 minute ago, zauberflote said:

My brother uses it all the time. We got it from Dad.
Whoever got the schmoos as the photo for this post!!!!! Thank you!!!!!! We used to have a schmoo-shaped wall clock in the 50's. God memories....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm..... it's shmoo (no "c").

clock.jpg.a911c58a05d30d11a6f1b1ea0092891f.jpg

23 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

we see it on almost every cruise.....

Supports my hypothesis that this is primarily a Caribbean thing, which kind of makes sense because it would be a good family venue.  

PS:  I jumped to the conclusion that you do a lot of Caribbean trips from the list in your signature -- Very impressive list if you don't mind me saying.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ducklite said:

I'm not sure where on earth you got that idea.  I'm saying that people need to not park scooters and strollers and whatever else in the hallway, but instead should keep it in their cabin--and should book a cabin large enough to do so to begin with.  Those who can't obey those simple to understand rules should have their "object on wheels" removed for the remainder of the cruise.

Does that include the cleaning carts that the room stewards leave in the hallway ?

On 2/18/2020 at 1:30 PM, ATC cruiser said:

Does that include the cleaning carts that the room stewards leave in the hallway ?

Cleaning carts are not left out overnight.  And when room stewards are cleaning they are in the vicinity and can move them if needed.    (The "cleaning cart" argument often comes up when somebody wants to justify leaving out a mobility device or stroller.)

• Like 8