Diamond free drinks

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This has been one fun thread!  I have to wonder, how does one carry all that stuff back to the cabin???

My thoughts too. However I’m getting the biggest laugh out of someone who spends thousands on a cruise, and then figures out a way to drag 12 bottles of beer home to save a little bit of money, or hey his/her money’s worth. It’s obvious the person stockpiled as by the end of the trip they had 12 bottles. Seems that at some point they might’ve thought ,”  hmm, I have several bottles in my cabin, perhaps I have more than I can drink.” 

So poster, do you have dinner in the dining room, and then run up to the Windjammer to get extra food because after all there’s no rule against that.

just sayin

m

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robinbird62 said:

Although we have been diamond a little while, we have never used 3 free ones on card as well as going to diamond lounge. But it seems that it is possible, could we get 3 bottles of water to take back to the room???? Or a bottle with top left on to drink later?

I always use my vouchers around the pool bars while my wife is getting ready for the night.  I get couple bottles of water with the vouchers to take back to the cabin for the next day. Then we both head to the DL for a couple of hours, then head to a specialty restaurant and use the vouchers for drinks with dinner.  Last TA on Indy we left the DL about a hour before happy hour ended and went to what is now the star lounge to play nightly trivia and use the vouchers. 

• Like 1

Recently disembarked Grandeur from an 8-night cruise. There were reportedly about 400 total diamond and diamond plus members on board, and yet the lounge was never crowded except at the very start of the evening's happy hour. We generally went down between 5:30 and 6 p.m. and even the lounge itself had plenty of seats (though the overflow area in the South Pacific Lounge was still in use for the entire time). They also had the "drinks and food must be consumed in the lounge" signs up but were not enforcing it. The very unusual thing (by our experience) was that all drinks were brought from a "pantry bar" by servers taking drink orders and running for them. They would take a tray of glasses out and return with a tray of drinks. There was no bar setup in the lounge (though there would have been room—they did it on Vision) or the overflow area (even though that area has a full bar, it was not used). Wait times for a drink ranged from 10 to 30 minutes.

Drinks coming to the lounge from the pantry were a crap shoot. Several times I got either the wrong drink or a badly mixed drink. One scotch and soda was made with Sprite instead of soda water. Two gin martinis were undrinkable, etc. It was very disappointing not to be able to see and talk with the bartenders and tip them directly ... and see what they were using to mix our drinks. Several times I'm sure we weren't getting the brands on the list, and at least once when getting a voucher drink from a bar elsewhere on board, I had to stop the bartender and request the diamond brand when he poured well gin to mix a martini. And even at the other bars, I received several badly made drinks, including a Negroni without Campari! Overall it was frustrating not to be able to just enjoy this perk without all the hassle of trying to hunt down a server in the lounge and get a decent drink, and the concierge was of no help whatsoever. A complaint to the food & beverage director likewise resulted in little improvement to the situation. The servers were a little more available after then, but that's it. As a side note, almost every pour I saw at one of the bars was measured, and glasses of wine were also carefully measured. One of the diamond plus ladies we encountered was upset that there were no more "concierge pours" for glasses of wine.